Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Zeriel

Arcane
He's good with Ancestral Spirit, but at a high level of play that's just 2 cards waiting to get 1-for-2'd by a silence.

Ironically he'd be a lot better in a deck like a paladin's where there are a lot of single buff spells, whereas the shaman really only has one (Rockbiter Weapon).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Rogue really needs a Cleave/Lightningwhatever ability. Something like "deals 3 damage to two random targets." They have good removal with combos, but it's simply too many card draws and you can't really rely on Sprint. An alternative would be to make fan of knives hit up to 3 targets or something while also having an additional combo damage. If a warlock gets an imp out and you can't remove it as rogue (2x imps or something), it's geeeeee geeeeeee.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Blade of Perdition? I don't really like the card, but there's your 'kill 2 weenies in one go' spell. I find weapons, battlecries, and cantrip removal to be more than enough for that sort of thing myself.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Blade of Perdition? I don't really like the card, but there's your 'kill 2 weenies in one go' spell. I find weapons, battlecries, and cantrip removal to be more than enough for that sort of thing myself.
I have two of those. And again, its too much card draw. Rogue needs a 4+ mana 2 target hitter.
An alternative would be to add more card draws to rogues. Maybe as combos. But that would force Rogues to be even more aggressive.

I can disenchant my golden argent commander for massive dust value. I still have plain argent commanders to get a full set of them in a deck.

Which is better, the bling or the dust? Discuss

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I can disenchant my golden argent commander for massive dust value. I still have plain argent commanders to get a full set of them in a deck.

Either way you'll put your balls in a meatgrinder later over it, so …

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane

the way i see it is: Dusting allows you to get other cards you need or want. This leads to more wins which means more gold and more chances to get future gold cards

And much more importantly: If you start losing intrest due to lack of cards, the gold cards dont help you either.

So dust the damn things

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Straight up cost increases. Should help. I was sorta hoping they'd pull one of em but oh well.

Golden cards, they're just...so shiny.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
playing that taunt creature instead of shadowforming for 2 was pretty derpy on part of his opponent though, also building a useless 1/14 creature

edit: lol, and then shadowform on the goblin instead of just expending argent squire shield

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
that wasn't a weird win IMO. opponent lost the moment he got into a top-decking situation.
thoughtsteal is crazy good.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, it wasn't so crazy, opponent made a bunch of bad decisions when he had pretty clear decisions on board value. At one point he was able to sack a divine shield and some health from that weirdly buffed gnome to get rid of the soulpriest, but instead...rush-down with 2 damage? Silly, especially against a priest.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
mages are still by far the most powerful class.
endless aoe/aoe disable.
mana cost doesn't matter.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
True if they manage to stall the game long enough (and they can do it by endlessly freezing you). Wouldn't call them all that powerful though if they don't have the old wizard who gives almost free fireballs.

Tried a slightly different shaman deck(thought to follow the advice given here and approach under a different angle the over load mechanic) and I liked it. Did not include devils this time, but have lots of 1 manna cards that are damaging spells. Seems to work fine in normals, I'm not brave enough to go for ranked(only my priest can bring results there).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's pretty stupid that regular cards in arena don't get substituted if you have the card in gold version in your collection.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I just finished a 11-3 shaman run. I'd say all but 3 opponents were mages. The last one was packing giants and charge units for late and I never got my bloodlust and that's why I lost. At least I got 200 gold.

Oh and in my deck I had NO earth elementals, NO flametongue, NO spirit wolves, NO AoE at all.
What carried me was rockbiter weapons, stormforged axe and lightning bolt.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I actually like Shaman and Paladin more than Mage for Arena. 11-3 is awesome, well done.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I do, too. Shaman have incredibly powerful early. Usually keeps the enemy side of the board clean for the first few turns.
Paladins are good too, but are a little too dependent on truesilver and concecration IMO.

Rogue is probably my favorite class at the moment. The next time I can run arena with Rogue, I will try really hard to do well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I dislike Rogue, personally. Seem far too dependent on the exact right curve and good cards on top.

DakaSha

Arcane
I think im the only person that doesnt give a shit about mages and has a decent win/loss with them. I'm not even very good, but i dont find mages to be exceptionally OP except for the few people that have the Alekstrasa/Pyro/Molten combo and pull exactly the right cards when they need them.

Stop playing all your minions in a single turn. In the vast majority of my mage games they are forced to waste flamestrike and blizzard on 2 minions top. gg

edit: this is for constructed though. Again, i have no idea about shitty unbalanced arena

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you either go 3-1 or 12-3 in this fucking game
try to do something out of the ordinary and you will fail

DakaSha

Arcane
Priest vs Priest

I play turn 1 Cleric, he plays turn 2 lightwell.

Hilarity ensues

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom