Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hearthstone_Screenshot_212014183927_zpse7b143d2.png~original

I drew the fifth a few turns later too.
6f110907b96317450e3dea5cdfd4a15489c0b1349c1ad480635dd8fedeaa77a8.jpg

Edit: I just wrecked a mage that dropped a blizzard and 3 polymorphs on me. Had 30 life and 5 cards in hand when he died. Feels good to be the lucky son of a bitch for once.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I wonder if they upped the drop rate of legendaries. I got 2 today. They used to be about 2% drop rate.

Zeriel

Arcane
I wonder if they upped the drop rate of legendaries. I got 2 today. They used to be about 2% drop rate.

Psychology. People used to do this all the time on Lineage 2 because drop chances were so low.

"Holy shit, something dropped for once! DID THEY ALTER DROP RATES???"

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, I enter the arena for the first time, pick the mage as my class and the very first choice of cards I am offered is Deathwing / Nozdormu / Captain Greenskin. Is this normal? (I chose Deathwing, btw)

Grinolf

Arcane
So, I enter the arena for the first time, pick the mage as my class and the very first choice of cards I am offered is Deathwing / Nozdormu / Captain Greenskin. Is this normal? (I chose Deathwing, btw)
No it's not normal. Legendaries could not be offered to you at all during a draw or you could pick a several ones. Still more than two of them should be very uncommon and there is no guarantee, that deck with them will perfom well.

Deathwing looks like the right choice. That is the card, that could turn a desperate situation into a win or just allow you to live one turn more. But if you could not use it then, I think, it's better to avoid using it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, I took it to play as a last resort card. So far I haven't needed it. ;-)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Two wins in the first arena run (win, win, loss, loss, loss). The last match was really close, but I wasn't able to win despite using Deathwing when my opponent was out of cards in hand. It was really fun, though, would gladly lose again.

J1M

Arcane

Psychology. People used to do this all the time on Lineage 2 because drop chances were so low.

Yes, I agree. But I don't read hearthstone twitter or whatever so I thought I'd ask.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have shit luck with packs. Last few I opened have only been rares... crappy ones, too. Never found a legendary. Epics I got two mountain giants and a sea giant...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

Yeah, I assume that my recent streak (Hogger then next pack Ragnaros then a few packs later Sylvanas) was simply luck. I can't really see Blizzard giving an increase on Legendaries when they want you to pay for more packs. Also I could have gotten shit legendaries instead of Ragnaros and Sylvanas. Hogger is decent and fun to play with but not considered an essential like these two.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
What mode do you guys play mostly? I dont really see the point of ranked matches, am still a chicken (lost 1, won 1) though. Is there an extensive ladder etc?

Arena seems much more fun. Got four wins on my first run. Got 60 gold, 20 dust and a pack, seems like a good deal. Now on 9 wins and 2 losses on my 2nd run. Also really like the deck building part of Arena.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Arena is definitely the most fun, although my only run so far ended 2-3 and I got shit from it.
Play mode is good to complete dailies, if You can't afford the arena at the moment, and to familiarize yourself with different classes. I also like to try out gimicky deck builds there.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I hate all you fuckers who routinely belt out 6+ wins on Arena. DIAF.

Stonewolf

Augur
As for the luck argument, well, any CCG is luck-based to some extent. Hearthstone perhaps a little more. But if you think win or loss is determined "mostly" by luck you're just bad at the game.

Nah, the RNG is very strong in this one. Made for casuals and due to general randomness of game outcome even the biggest muppet wins sometimes, hence he doesnt ragequit and instead keeps playing and thinking he's getting better.

Grinolf

Arcane
Since I have few 2-3 and 3-3 arena runs in a row, where I didn't get any money at all, I now no longer could play more than one arena per a day for some time. It looks like money could vanish very fast in that game. So I built shaman deck with what I had and went into constructed:
Rockbiter Weapon x2
Lightning Bolt x1
Forked Lightning x1
Windfury x1
Ooze x2
Loot Hoarder x1
Flametongue Totem x1
Lightning Storm x2
Hex x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Earthen Ring Farseer x1
Gnomish Inventor x2
Windspeaker x1
Defender of Argus x1
Yeti x2
Sen'jin x1
Bloodlust x1
Darkscale Healer x1
Frostwolf Warlord x2
Fire Elemental x2
Stormwind Champion x1
Now I am between 17 and 16 rank, where I am finally started to meen equal opponents. Most problems come from these warriors decks with insane amount of legendaries in them. And it's very annoying to deal with Sylvanas, Ragnaros and Alexsrasza only for the sake of being killed by Ysera. But against other opponents in performs suprisingly decent. The most insane game was, when I managed to kill 31 health druid in one turd, with 24 of them from 9-9 Frostwolf Warlord with windfury and bloodlust.

Obvious upgrades would be Mana Tide Totem instead of Loot Hoarder and Azure Drakes instead of Gnomish inventors, but I am not sure, that I should waste dust on rares instead of legendaries. Also I still don't decided if Windfury better as 2 mana spell or as 4 mana 3-3 minion. Or if I even need two of them.

Nah, the RNG is very strong in this one. Made for casuals and due to general randomness of game outcome even the biggest muppet wins sometimes, hence he doesnt ragequit and instead keeps playing and thinking he's getting better.

Winning or losing particular battle isn't matter compared to your average perfomance. In the arena there is significant differences between the ones with 7+ wins on average run and the ones with 5-6 wins there, who also differ from 3-4 or poorer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finally got a legendary... Ysera. Which apparently is a really good one but I rarely survive to 9 mana rounds. A lower cost one would have been more helpful.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I need Leeroy Jenkins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom