Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's useful, you're just a furfag weeabo. If you have a removal and can deal with it, odds are you probably should. Especially when you see priests playing high health minions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shit pack after shit pack was so excited to get an epic... and it's snake trap. Fuck this game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man, I suck at this game. People get to 9 and 8 effortlessly and I am struggling with my mage just to stay at 10. ;_;
There's so many fucking HURR DURR 1000000 MURLOK warlocks. Or worse, the "HERE HAVE 15 LEGENDARIES / 15 REMOVAL" guys.

Also I feel bad I disenchanted my Ysera.

Last edited:

Grinolf

Arcane
Man, I suck at this game. People get to 9 and 8 effortlessly and I am struggling with my mage just to stay at 10. ;_;
There's so many fucking HURR DURR 1000000 MURLOK warlocks. Or worse, the "HERE HAVE 15 LEGENDARIES / 15 REMOVAL" guys.

Also I feel bad I disenchanted my Ysera.

As I already mentioned, picking Shieldmasta instead of Yeti should help against rush decks. And if these "HERE HAVE 15 LEGENDARIES / 15 REMOVAL" guys are warriors (and the description looks very warrior like) then adding at least one Ooze wouldn't hurt. Deck isn't something that set in stone, but something that should be adapted against your current enemies, so don't be afraid of changing it and trying new cards.

Also disenchanting Ysera is probably a bad decision. It isn't the best legendary for a mage, but you could still try it instead of Ogre. And you would need it for some other deck, so it useful to keep around.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I went back to having the ooze, and I think I will try your suggestion and take 2 Shieldmastas, or 1 and 1 Yeti. Facing too many rush decks at my bracket ATM. I do feel like I want Arcane Explosion in here somewhere, too, but I just don't know where to fit it in. Maybe if I had 1 less Acolyte of Pain? But I already don't have a lot of card draw as is. (2 Acolytes, 2 Azure Drakes)

Also, I unpacked an Onyxia. Is it a good idea to replace 1 ogre with her? I don't often have many minions on the board anyway so I don't see the harm; the only problem I have is that she costs 9.
And yeah, I know, I miss Ysera. Sure, she wouldn't fit into my deck that well, but she would be great in others. But it's okay, I will get her again.

Grinolf

Arcane
I went back to having the ooze, and I think I will try your suggestion and take 2 Shieldmastas, or 1 and 1 Yeti. Facing too many rush decks at my bracket ATM. I do feel like I want Arcane Explosion in here somewhere, too, but I just don't know where to fit it in. Maybe if I had 1 less Acolyte of Pain? But I already don't have a lot of card draw as is. (2 Acolytes, 2 Azure Drakes)

Also, I unpacked an Onyxia. Is it a good idea to replace 1 ogre with her? I don't often have many minions on the board anyway so I don't see the harm; the only problem I have is that she costs 9.
And yeah, I know, I miss Ysera. Sure, she wouldn't fit into my deck that well, but she would be great in others. But it's okay, I will get her again.

If you have 2 Flamestrikes, you could remove one, since it isn't that useful against rush decks. Also it could be an option to not try to adjust your deck against Legendary Warriors and instead focus solely on rush decks, since you already in a huge disadvantage against that Warrior deck. You could in thery deal with every legendary that Warrior throw at you, but for that you need to have a perfect cards in your hand and for them to have less than perfect ones. And even after that it is no guarantee, that you win the fatigue game. So maybe it's better to just accept the loss.

Onyxia look like a good card, so it's worth trying. But ogre is also a good card, so it's hard to tell what is better for your deck.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's useful, you're just a furfag weeabo. If you have a removal and can deal with it, odds are you probably should. Especially when you see priests playing high health minions.

This. Priests using high health minions generally means they'll buff the crap out of their health and then keep healing them to screw with you and if they draw it, they'll make the attack = health. Best to get rid of anything like that fairly quickly, preferably after they start blowing buffs on it. Even if you can just make them take it back into their hand so the buffs get wasted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shit pack after shit pack was so excited to get an epic... and it's snake trap. Fuck this game.

Seriously? I love snake trap in my hunter deck. It's great in combos. :)

Yeah it works okay for hunters but at this point I just play priest so was hoping for a Cabal Shadow Priest or maybe a Blood Knight. Actually looking at the epics I have most that are useful (I've already gotten three Faceless, Big Game Hunter, and Shadow Form... though I use the last one almost never). Will probably end up dusting the Snake Trap along with the extra Manip, and probably that crappy rogue one I got with the 1/1 Emperor Cobra thingy.

My current deck looks like this but I change a few cards every now and then. Ideally I'd like some protectors or Argus dudes and a nice mid-game legendary like Cairne or Sylvanas.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck you all, I ony got two epics (and no legendaries) so far, one of which is Hungry Crab. Hungry. Fucking. Crab.

Last edited:

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey, if you are ever going up against a murloc deck, there are very few things in the game more satisfying than playing a hungry crab. It has essentially been a one mana "you win the game" card for me in games where I played it.

If you aren't up against a murloc deck, however...

Anyways, it can be a helpful card to have if you find yourself in a murloc heavy stretch of ranked matches. Especially if you play hunter. Who knows, one day, in some far off future, in a world where cats and dogs have set aside their differences, and rain pours from the ground into the infinite sky-sea, Blizzard might add sideboards into the game, and that card would be quite great then.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally got my first Legendary - The Beast. Now only to figure out how I can use it in my decks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Worst legendary ever. Just kidding. Okay, it's pretty mediocre. If you use Boulderfist ogres just replace one with it. I'd say try to have a silence to accompany it because of the death rattle but I dunno if you'd want to waste a silence on that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yeah, it's comparable to an ogre. I usually don't use any silence, so it might bite me in the ass at the worst moments.

BTW, I counted my arena win % ratio with all classes. Druid is on top.

Druid: 68,42%
Warrior: 66,67% (well, duh, all my runs with the Warrior ended 6-3)
Hunter: 52,63%
Priest: 47,83%
Rogue: 40%
Shaman: 40% (average 2 wins for every 3 losses with Rogue and Shaman)
Mage: 33,33%
Paladin: 33,33% (average 1 win for every 3 losses with Mage and Paladin)
Warlock: 29,41% (just terrible...)

Overall, really bad. Only 3 classes of 9 with higher than 50% win ratio and a huge amount of wasted gold (and I played Warlock the most...). I need to count how much exactly, but I assume I lost at least 2 or 3 card packs worth by buying arena tickets instead of just directly purchasing cards.

That said Arena is FUN. I really love the idea of constructing a deck by having random cards thrown at you and then having to work with what you have. I also really like not knowing what your opponent will throw at you next. Does the mage have Pyroblast? Maybe he doesn't, but he drafted four fireballs instead. It makes the games pretty exciting and much less predictable than in constructed (which has its pros too, obviously).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Better than me. I've never cracked more than three wins in Arena and stopped doing it a month ago.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Pretty much the same with me, well, there was that one time I made 5.

Even now I haven't been playing all that long, but a little while back after getting 3 at best I just stopped and let the gold pile up to well over 1K...
then I did a nice little series of back to back matches. I stopped when I my whittled my bank down to 300.
Now that I find myself above 1k again I'm going to start preparing myself for another emotional crippling engaging series.

Speaking of getting emotional it can be funny how even with the limed communication people find ways to be petty.
When faced with a loss conceding is perfectly understandable, saves time ect. ect.
...but some time it to fractions of a second before I can get my last hit in. :lol:
Others don't even have the dignity to do that and just straight up leave the game.
It can go the other way too where the opponent is a showboat of a victor (and I understand concession to avoid that all the more) where the winner will waste all this time bringing out and lining up of as many of their toys as possible.

Winner: 'It's my turn and you have 1 hp but I'm gonna bring out this one, and this one , and this one, and buff this one, and ...'
Me: 'Just finish it!'

Some people got no honor.

I try to extend a little respect to let them finish me but will join the ranks that concede around the time they get to the obscenely unnecessary buffing part.
To be fair this can be a time to complete a daily requirement with impunity. I guess my honor is lacking too.

Oh, here's a fun story: I ended my turn at 2 health and my opponent, a hunter, with nothing in play proceeded to do the I win dance ... only to spend all his mana. He ended his turn not being able to arrow shoot me, a whole lot of summon sickness and "that was a mistake" 's. I had a couple +1 spell dam guys already out and a fireball in hand, then I gained my 2nd on the draw.
Actually, by what I thought was the last turn I liked the guy as the even keel match we had was enjoyable. Plus he didn't run out after making the mistake. :respect:

Other petty 'plays' people pull is dragging out a much time a possible each turn -every damned turn down to the fuse or even near the end of the fuse. The solution is to have to game set to windowed and, I don't know, browse the codex.

Grinolf

Arcane
When faced with a loss conceding is perfectly understandable, saves time ect. ect.
...but some time it to fractions of a second before I can get my last hit in. :lol:
I doubt it is intentional. I often had a situation, where I pushed concede right after the enemy playing the wining card, but an actual action happened only after some time or even I get killed before game accepted my concede.

Mystary!

Arcane
Winner: 'It's my turn and you have 1 hp but I'm gonna bring out this one, and this one , and this one, and buff this one, and ...'
Me: 'Just finish it!'

Some people got no honor.

Meh, some people actually consider it a courtesy to play as many cards as possible before killing you, to show you their hand and whether it was close or not. If you don't like it just concede.

Last edited:

Grinolf

Arcane
Meh, some people actually consider it a courtesy to play as many cards as possible before killing you, so you can see what they had in their hand. If you don't like it just concede.
It's a good point. Since some matches, that look pretty close to you so you felt just slightly unlucky, in reality could not be that close at all.
Also I usually try to finnish my enemy with maximum damage play for the practise. So I would know better what to expect from my cards and don't miss lethal when it would matter.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just squelch everyone at the start of the match and then do the perfunctory 'greetings.' If my loss is certain I usually concede a turn before because I can see it coming, i.e., I have no cards that can deal with his and nothing I could really draw to save me.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Enemy mage had Pyroclasm. I had 11 HP. I would have won the next turn.
Enemy mage casts Pyroclasm. I am at 1 HP.

I concede, because of Fireblast.

>mfw when I remember he doesn't have enough mana to cast it

"Thank you"

Wild Slop

Arcane
That makes perfect sense to concede if at the end of your turn you know its over. I meant to say little wormy things some people do... such as passing it over to you with ,say, empty on their side and you three guys in play then waiting as you (without playing any cards or making a big production of your victory) strike with each one, concede just before you can get the final hit in. Its a little funny really.

Meh, some people actually consider it a courtesy to play as many cards as possible before killing you, to show you their hand and whether it was close or not. If you don't like it just concede.
ehhhr? I just don't understand some people.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
No, you don't understand... he used Pyroclasm, I had 1 HP left, and would have won, had I not conceded. I just for some reason thought Pyroclasm left him with 2 Mana to fireblast me...

Mystary!

Arcane
ehhhr? I just don't understand some people.
What don't you understand? Showing you their hand can give you peace of mind knowing it was never winnable in the first placeand it helps you understand how you lost. You might've thought "omfg he top decked that perfect answer what a luckerfag!" But in reality he had two other cards that could've done the same thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom