Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I enjoy beating the Paladins with stacked decks. Always pull out their Fordring's feeling so confident then I faceless manip and silence. Sure he kills the copy next turn but then I big game hunter his Geddon and proceed to beat his face in with my shiny new Ashbringer!

Wild Slop

Arcane
ehhhr? I just don't understand some people.
What don't you understand? Showing you their hand can give you peace of mind knowing it was never winnable in the first placeand it helps you understand how you lost. You might've thought "omfg he top decked that perfect answer what a luckerfag!" But in reality he had two other cards that could've done the same thing.
The game is lost, it is lost. You understand how it was lost based off everything that came up to the loss, not after.
Dragging out all your little toys is unnecessary cock-waving, it is for you not them. Unless the deck is empty there is likely other cards the could've pulled a win.

Mystary!

Arcane
The game is lost, it is lost. You understand how it was lost based off everything that came up to the loss, not after.
Dragging out all your little toys is unnecessary cock-waving, it is for you not them. Unless the deck is empty there is likely other cards the could've pulled a win.

I dunno man, guessing your opponents cards it half the battle. Haven't you ever held on to a card out of fear of a certain spell they could have in their hand, hex, shadow word, flamestrike or whatever? It might end up losing you the game but if the enemy never plays their full hand, revealing that they never actually had that card, you would never know if it was a mistake or not.
I always play my full hand even if I'll know I'll lose next turn, it might drag the game out another 10 seconds but its worth taking them down to 1hp and giving them abit of a scare and showing them how close it was.
And it's not unnecessary because by not conceding youre essentially giving them permission to do it. If you dont want a cock in your face, concede.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I enjoy beating the Paladins with stacked decks. Always pull out their Fordring's feeling so confident then I faceless manip and silence. Sure he kills the copy next turn but then I big game hunter his Geddon and proceed to beat his face in with my shiny new Ashbringer!

"I enjoy beating one of the worst classes in the game."

You learn something every day.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Paladin is one of the worst classes in the game? That's news to me.

It's also wrong.

Zeriel

Arcane
Paladin is one of the worst classes in the game? That's news to me.

It's also wrong.

Feel free to look up the tournament deck lists. You're going to have to go back months to find paladins doing well. Cue the "lolololol constructed/tournaments don't matter" argument.

Grinolf

Arcane
Isn't the main proplem of Paladins now is popularity of aggro decks? They still have the best class legendary and combos with equality, which is the most powerful board cleaner, so they isn't a pushover for slow decks.

Zeriel

Arcane
Warrriors and handlocks are both better* at long-game, for obvious reasons. They also have better and more answers to early game aggression.

* In case of warrior, it is debatable that they are actually really good at setting up that turn 8-10 to be dominating, not that they are good if it lasts until the very last turn and all cards are drawn out.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Lol, dis game.

y4xml2q.jpg

Grinolf

Arcane
That screenshot didn't make any sense to me.

Also game spamming me with priests quests and while doing the I found out, that priest may be not strong, but very fun to play and to pull all his numerous combos. I still lack few of his combo cards, but even without them it is solid gameplay with usually multiple ways to play each turn. Still I think that fun part is rather one sided, because my enemies were probably annoyed as hell.
Also this:
0W0ee6s.jpg

It may seems like a strong position for me, but it was tricky with another priest as an opponent. And next turn he healed his Yeti, hit my undamaged Watcher with it and then cast Circle of Healing overdrawning me for 4 cards. He still wasn't been able to do anything with my Watchers after that, so it didn't mattered in the end, but it was a very unpleasant experience. In the retrospective, I should been trade my Cleric and Smite on his Yeti, since I would loose a card anyway with him only healing his Yeti, that would bedefinitely much better than Cleric, there is no way I would need more card draw in this game and I had two another card with draw in my hand only. But I still lack experience with this class.

Zeriel

Arcane
Lol, dis game.

y4xml2q.jpg
I don't get this, how can he have 5 mana if you have 2? Is this an edited image?

He played hounds + buzzard on turn 1, and they somehow summoned hounds even though there were no minions on the board for them to hounds off of. This was in arena. Get shit on, basically. Also, I had answers in my hand, but every AoE I played didn't actually do anything to the creatures, and I couldn't target them with mine, even though they could attack me. Then on turn 5~ my mana was reset to 0/5, and I couldn't tell my minion to do anything. There was also cool stuff like it seemingly forgetting whose turn it was, but those are the highlights.

I've never seen a Blizzard game so atrociously buggy, but it's worth a laugh.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, I had a game last night where neither of us could end turns manually... that game took forever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Priest rulez, bitches. I still lack defenders of argus. Not going to craft any 'till I get enough dust to make a Rag. Rag + Faceless manipulators is better than Ysera + faceless maniputalors. I have two of those awful Patient Assassin epics for Rogue so hoping they adjust those and I can disenchant them for 800 total dust.

Grinolf

Arcane
In the past I would say that Ysera suits better than Ragnaros for Priest very defensive style and after death of tinkmaster it much harder to deal with for some classes, since she has more health and immune to BGH. But in my games as Priest I had such insane card draw, that even more card draw looks like overkill. But maybe it was because my opponents had a worse decks than me and weren't able do deal with my Clerics in time, so situation continued to snowball.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a bit more risk playing Rag but the payoff is much greater. Although pretty much all of the dream cards are good you could get some bad luck and get those 'return minion to hand' ones which, while not bad, aren't nearly as good as 7/6 drakes, Nightmare, or the 2 mana 5 damage explosion thingy. If Rag survives a turn and you have a faceless then it's basically over.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I finally got a pack that doesn't suck, with two legendaries, one of them Sylvanas even.

J1M

Arcane
If I hear Leeeeeroy Jenkins one more time 1 turn before I am about to win...!
I'm trying to decide between Cairn and Leeroy for my next legendary.

Haven't seen a legendary in a card pack in a long-ass time.

I don't really understand their pricing model either, since I'd have to pay an absurd amount of money for packs in order to get enough dust to craft one of the cards I'm still missing.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
dancing swords is one of the worst cards I've seen

J1M

Arcane
dancing swords is one of the worst cards I've seen
It is probably there to mildly support a mill deck or intended to be used with mass dispel. Probably under-tuned because they are afraid of discard mechanics ruining the experience.

Zeriel

Arcane
They said they don't ever want to allow mill decks, so not sure about that analysis.

Then again, Blizzard loves to say X, then do Y.

ETA: But even as a mill card, it's basically ass. Let's compare it to the Murloc one. Same effect, but happens immediately. If you actually somehow build a mill deck sometime in the future, Dancing Sword isn't a very good version of it because it can be silenced/ignored and doesn't have the immediate effect you want.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom