Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Archibald

Arcane
Am I missing something or you can't get Homm3 with all expansions since bundle lists of Homm3 HD edition?

m_s0

Arcane
Am I missing something or you can't get Homm3 with all expansions since bundle lists of Homm3 HD edition?
They're only selling HoMM3 HD and that version doesn't come with the expansions. So no, you probably can't get those.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They're only selling HoMM3 HD and that version doesn't come with the expansions. So no, you probably can't get those.

Maybe HoMM3 will be the 'to be revealed game', but at the moment, I think it will be MM7-9.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Ubisofts Euro trailer, starting with the wise words: "I couldn't care less..."

Interestingly it's different from the US trailer (both released at the same time). Kwas need more violence and monsters to pre-order, while Euros get more stained glass.

Zeriel

Arcane
Options_Gameplay_Mini.jpg

• Gameplay waits for animations: The game will wait until the end of each animations before enabling following action.

And here I am just imagining how much better the world would be if every game had that toggle.

mhm32167

Educated
Beta stream video: http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft/v/5282653

Starts around 07:14

A lot of inspiration from heroes 4 e.g. governors. Heroes don't need troops in their army, and can learn up to 5 skills (not including abilities).

Currently no plans for dlc.

Academy metamagic skill: if a spell is cast on a creature that is already under the effect of a spell you get additional effects.

No choice of town with town portal spell (nearest town)

People keep asking why no 3d town screens. 3d town screens were half of the art budget in heroes 5. Town screens are 2d to save money.

Still too early to talk about a rmg

Each army has 7 stacks of creatures. but its possible to have more on the battlefield by dividing stacks in tactics phase.

Good luck in battle -> die animation (rather than horseshoe or rainbow)

Forts can be used as a front line base to send troops (by caravan). Forts are destructable.

Last edited:

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Man I am super happy about going back to 2D towns creens. The 3D screens in H5 were kind of cool but the fact that they were all pigeonholed into being some sort of cylinder just made it weird. Haven and Academy worked, but some towns like Inferno and Dungeon I was like "What the hell am I looking at."

In any case, I'm guessing that it'll be better than 6 and has the potential to be better than 4 and 5, but I'm not expecting too much. Might pick it up if I see it on sale but definitely not a day 1 purchase.

Renegen

Arcane
The graphics are pretty sweet. Too bad my town Fortress will never make it into another game, hard to get excited about knights and griffins every time. Small improvements to bring it up to King's Bounty and this has potential.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
HoMM4 was fun and is very underrated. Its chief problem was that it had as many misguided ideas as it had really good ones.

HoMM5 was a great Heroes game that was unfortunately brought down by terrible campaign design and glitchy multiplayer.

HoMM6 was an abomination.

I am certain HoMM7 will be a worthy successor to HoMM6.

Suicidal

Arcane
HoMM5 was basically HoMM3 with more gameplay features (and shittier graphics and the need to constantly rotate your camera to find that piece of wood behind a rock in the underground map fuck that shit). Played the shit out of it with friends through LAN. Don't see any reason I should hate it. HoMM4 was good too. It was different, had some weird ideas, but still a fun game. 6 is yeah... too many shitty decisions were made with that one.

DeepOcean

Arcane
HoMM 7 continue the shitty overdesigned art style of HoMM 6 (Lord Edgy makes me cry.), the grimdark story trailer and knowing how developers are these days, shitty WoW fantasy drivel pushed on your face on a heavily scripted campaign is pretty much confirmed. Predict will be better than HoMM 6 and compete with HoMM 5 for the best russian shovelware version of HoMM 3 after you buy Ubisoft's season pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom