Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion - Wuxia Pixelated Isometric Open-World Sandbox RPG with Turn-Based Combat

Arthandas

Prophet
Meanwhile real modern Chinese wuxia:

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
How do you choose female protag? I can't find the button...
Every chinkrpg endgoal is for the heroe to have an harem of waifu, and scissoring isn't culturally allowed.
Isn't there some ancient pill that can grow you a dick or something?

Martial Arts that require you to cut your dick off to learn? Sure, there always are some.
Anything that let's you grow a dick? So far I haven't seen any of such.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its a harem game if you want it to be. Seven girls are marriageable I believe, and they are all top shelf girls.

notpl

Arbiter
Its a harem game if you want it to be. Seven girls are marriageable I believe, and they are all top shelf girls.
edit
it might actually be 18? Jesus I haven't even MET some of these biddies yet despite beating the game but there are achievements for 18 girls

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
just as I think I've effectively beat whatever the game can throw at me, I find out there's a sky beyond the sky
I'm still on my first run, I haven't wrapped it up, it's been almost 80 hours, this thing is immense

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I played for half an hour. Focusing on fists, and speed. There was no way for me to save the wood cutter. He dies before I even get a turn. Met the hunter, and I'm about to go to the Nameless Village. I hope that I can recruit him. Oh, and I sided with the constable, for now.

When does time move, btw. I wasn't thinking about it when I played. All the time? After resting? After battles? I'll have to think about what I am doing if quests have a timer.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, I played for half an hour. Focusing on fists, and speed. There was no way for me to save the wood cutter. He dies before I even get a turn.
What difficulty?
I hope that I can recruit him.
Can recruit every npc in that village

When does time move, btw. I wasn't thinking about it when I played. All the time? After resting? After battles? I'll have to think about what I am doing if quests have a timer.
All the time, the quests that have a timer will tell you on the objective, will let you know time remaining.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lhynn The one above Normal. I didn't even get a move. It's okay, I'm level five , and I'll recruit one more character before going back there. (Edit) I had no trouble surviving, it was the dude getting smacked down.

I saw the time thingy now. It seem not to move when you walk around in cities/towns, but as soon as you speak/pick up stuff/fight/move on the world map, time flows.

Lhynn

Arcane
I would advice against playing above normal your first time. The jump from normal to hard is huge, biggest jump out of any difficulty really. Game seems to have been made to have a go at normal, and then, when you have a bunch of achievements, tackle higher difficulties with a stronger starting character.

There are several spots where you can run into a game over, so keep a few back up saves (Even in normal, there are a bunch of masters all over the world)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I would advice against playing above normal your first time. The jump from normal to hard is huge, biggest jump out of any difficulty really. Game seems to have been made to have a go at normal, and then, when you have a bunch of achievements, tackle higher difficulties with a stronger starting character.

There are several spots where you can run into a game over, so keep a few back up saves (Even in normal, there are a bunch of masters all over the world)
Yeah, I already have four different saves, and I have only visited three locations.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Yeah, it's perfectly Asian in a way you'd be used to if you'd ever played some with a groundhog day thing going for it (in my case, Way of the Samurai series). Easy is the normal, normal is perfectly manageable for an adult male, but every level above easy caters to bringing something extra with you from previous runs - and the depth is there to make a difference in a big way from the start if you do. I've been playing a loner fister from the start, with animal transport since having one doesn't count against the XP bonus. I'm really really egging for a fresh start.
Do not spoil things for yourself with a guide. And feed the animals. Feed them all.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I am now at normal, and I want to be friends with all the animals, but that's a long ways off.

notpl

Arbiter
I started the game on Hard and beat it without too much difficulty. Then again, I had no issues saving the woodcutter either - how do you even make a character that slow?

Lhynn

Arcane
From what I understand difficulties got touched before release.
I started on hard and it felt like I was hitting rocks, and even in normal I almost locked myself into a perma loss because of a fight I could barely win while being captured, could not load.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I started on hard and went for 10 DEX straight ahead. I'm moving three time faster than anyone else and won every fight so far (not always on the first try though).

deama

Prophet
High dex is really nice to have, at some point when you get high enough movement to outmove everytone, and you get the perk that allows you to move after combat, you can basically dance around everyone and kill some high level bastards just cause of that.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Almost five hours in, and while the game is nicely made and the systems look great, I can't go over the over-zoomed camera and clunky movement. I did a quick search and there is no way to zoom or pan the camera, and it makes every movement and exploration a chore. Furthermore the art is ok and kind of cute (even if too chibi for my taste), but not so great I'd want to have it in my face all the time.

I'm afraid it's a case of "I'd like to love this game but...". Sometimes all that's missing to go from ok to good can be a 50% zoom (and maybe diagonal movement out of combat).

RegionalHobo

Scholar
this shit is actually my GOTY unless rogue trader somehow pulls a fantastic game

i m a sucker for wuxia, i m the first to admit, but i don t even remember a game that gave me this much freedom in a long ass time. if anyone is reading this i suggest playing on hard first, then nightmare with extra points but you can just start in nightmare if you are confortable probably wiping and remaking a character with extra points

just know INT is the secret sauce that makes your character much,much better. it boosts the stats you gain per level. luck is the dump stat, it s the easiest to raise in game AND the stat that does less

anyway what a ride

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom