Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
. This is going full gestapo

Wokism is extremely authoritarian. JKR agrees with about 99,9% with their religion. Only because she doesn't like the idea of biological male rapists in female prisons, they launched a full blown inquisition towards her. They are not throwing people more right wing than a social democrat into a gulag and burning her at the stake, only because they lack the power to do so.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
The gift that keeps on giving. Now streamers are getting bullied into submission by their own viewers for playing this nonsense.

Disclaimer: I don't know this guy and make no pretense of understanding what drives the economy and social lives of cancerous "streamers".

But bruh, just play the fucking game and be unapologetic about it. Not this bullshit about donating to LGBT charities as "compensation" lol. Or crying when you get the predictable response. Just be like: yeah I'm streaming this game, I don't care what you all think.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The gift that keeps on giving. Now streamers are getting bullied into submission by their own viewers for playing this nonsense.

Disclaimer: I don't know this guy and make no pretense of understanding what drives the economy and social lives of cancerous "streamers".

But bruh, just play the fucking game and be unapologetic about it. Not this bullshit about donating to LGBT charities as "compensation" lol. Or crying when you get the predictable response. Just be like: yeah I'm streaming this game, I don't care what you all think.

I want to be hopeful that this is what will happen. I think this is just opening up a new group of people to the receiving end of culture warrior vitriol that they hadn't been exposed to before. It can be a big shock, especially if there are people whom they have supported and always been on friendly terms with who suddenly do an instant 180 and start acting extremely hostile over something as innocuous as a Harry Potter game. I have been in that situation before and it is equally horrifying as it is just plain bizarre. I've always been a firm believer that people will support wokeness as long as it's not at the expense of their finances or personal fun. And I think that this will be the case, much to the extreme chagrin of culture warriors. We'll see. I can see this being a dream game that many long time HP fans have been waiting to experience since they read the first book. Culture warriors are going to have to compete against hardcore nostalgia. And if someone starts asking them *what* exactly Rowling did or said (as in details and not just repeating slavishly "she's an enemy of the trans community because she just is!!") then they'll probably start to see through the deceptions even more.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik

I can see this being a dream game that many long time HP fans have been waiting to experience since they read the first book. Culture warriors are going to have to compete against hardcore nostalgia. And if someone starts asking them *what* exactly Rowling did or said (as in details and not just repeating slavishly "she's an enemy of the trans community because she just is!!") then they'll probably start to see through the deceptions even more.

My girlfriend loves Harry Potter. For me it's a little nostalgic. Maybe I should get her the game and make her stream it lol. Although honestly speaking, I also wouldn't want to expose any loved ones to these fucking morons on the internet, or make them aware they exist. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Suicidal

Arcane
This game looks like such boring, by-the-numbers dogshit but all the drama it's generating is certainly amusing. I can appreciate a game that can entertain me without wasting my time or money.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Never interrupt your enemy whilst they're making a mistake. I hope they continue to harass streamers, unaware of the damage it does to their "cause".

Their "cause" is fully backed by every single super rich international megacorporation on planet Earth + almost every Western government there is. Some bad optics on Twitter won't do a thing to change that.

Dexter

Arcane
FoX-PVCXgAE0HhS
FoX-QPSXgAEWyN5
FoX-QklXsAIi1u1

Salvo

Arcane
Troons wanna ban the english language

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom