Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Reading this thread and included tweets is like one eternal facepalm.

:deathclaw:

They could have put dirty socks in a paper bag and called it Hogwarts and made millions from culture war sales. Look at how much buzz there is even here on the Codex, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game (including this very post).

It's all about the

:popcorn:

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Reminder that there exists a currency system and there is a such thing as rich and poor wizards.

In a world where wizards can teleport around, summon any random shit they want, etc. They have to apparently ride a broomstick to a grocery store and buy food with goblin gold.

I recall that most of the conveniences of magic in-universe were also painful or disgusting or otherwise annoying. Floo network, apparating, flushing yourself down the toilet to get to the Ministry, etc. I mean just every day student life at Hogwarts was an ongoing Health & Safety violation. I always thought this was a pretty clever way of showing there's always a trade-off, and just because an individual can do magic doesn't mean he can bend reality to his will. They had the Department of Mysteries specifically to study the warping of reality, time, thought, death, etc.

But then again this is in a book by an author who made up the world-building according to need, and happily introduced things like time travel for one book, only to then dispose of it forever. So one might question how much thought was really put into all this.

S.torch

Liturgist
The developers of this thing are asking that eventually the game is neither supported by fans of J.K. Rowling (you know, the author of the world they're making a game of) nor the mob they're pathetically trying to appease, when the latter already made up their minds and weren't relevant from the beginning since they don't actually play games.

They should have been prepared, just taking it easily and relied upon the actual fanbase of the saga, you know, one of the biggest fanbase in existence. But nope, they're going to kneel like idiots without need of it. Proving that they were never on the side of the fanbase in the first place. Like opportunistic wokes, the desire to get their claws on that big fish was equal to their cowardice, the fear of facing their own circle of backward twitter activists.

Is this the game where you lynch nogs, stone women, defenestrate fags and misgender troons? Or did the internet lie to me?
Have Loverslab pronounced themselves?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The game looks easy as fuck. Magic is OP as hell. Enemies are simply permanently stunlocked.

In the video clip I saw a spell casted on the player and they just sorta floated in the air for a second and dropped down again with some purple fart smoke.
I guess you can cast a buncha crazy shit but your opponents only know a spell to plop you around a little. K'

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The developers of this thing are asking that eventually the game is neither supported by fans of J.K. Rowling (you know, the author of the world they're making a game of) nor the mob they're pathetically trying to appease, when the latter already made up their minds and weren't relevant from the beginning since they don't actually play games.

They should have been prepared, just taking it easily and relied upon the actual fanbase of the saga, you know, one of the biggest fanbase in existence. But nope, they're going to kneel like idiots without need of it. Proving that they were never on the side of the fanbase in the first place. Like opportunistic wokes, the desire to get their claws on that big fish was equal to their cowardice, the fear of facing their own circle of backward twitter activists.

It's almost like when people asked for less politics in and around their games, it's because they foresaw this kind of scenario or something...

Silverfish

Arbiter
Why are they always designing tranny characters in the most stereotypical way possible?

From Bridget to Macho Ma'am in 20 years.

It's almost like when people asked for less politics in and around their games, it's because they foresaw this kind of scenario or something...

Fuck that, I want more politics in games. Modern devs are so inept that they end up putting a lot of based shit in their games by accident.

thesecret1

Arcane
The two characters in question are basically named the equivalent of "Indian McCurryface"
There's more of that. That chink (or whatever) crush Harry has is named Cho Chang, which is as if Rowling went "How close to Ching Chong can I go and still get away with it?"

Dexter

Arcane

FoS0Y2YXwAYlea5

Last edited:
I've been watching promotional material for this game for some time, then I entered this thread to see "open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s"... like, what?? And then it came back to me: this is in fact set in the 1800s, but you absolutely cannot tell most of the time. There's probably a greater chance you could confuse the og movies for something that takes place in the XIX century, just by watching snippets.

Cross

Arcane
Update your Time to Tranny charts https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/934065-hogwarts-legacy-trans-character-transgender-sirona-ryan

Hogwarts Legacyintroduces the Harry Potter series’ first transgender character, with the Three Broomsticks’ Sirona Ryan marking the first time that a trans character has appeared in any official works related to the Wizarding World.

Sirona Ryan is the proprietress of the Three Broomsticks, a pub located in the game’s Hogsmeade village. The player-character interacts with her during a mission with a goblin named Lodgok, who is friends with her.

During the quest, Sirona explains how Lodgok has always been kind to her, explaining how even when her classmates took time to “to realize I was actually a witch,” Lodgok recognized her identity immediately even after years apart.

After the player-character asks Sirona about her bond with Lodgok, she replies:

“Hadn’t seen him in years when he came in a few months ago. But, he recognized me instantly. Which is more than I can say for some of my own classmates. Took them a second to realize I was actually a witch, not a wizard.”

Reminder that Rowling supports peoples' rights to transition, she just doesn't want them invading biological women's spaces. :M Hope none of you were really planning to play a tranny game to own the trannies.
What the fuck.
Xirona Ryan.
Tranny abominations during the 1800s.
Get the fuck outta here.
This garbage is entirely made for the woke mob and trannies. That's why it's so funny that they're crying. Not that any devs or trannies will learn from this.
Are they really crying? They got everything they wanted with this game having tranny NPCs and the ability to make a trans player character.

Their outrage is purely performative. They have no problem buying products made by countries where being a tranny is punishable by death. But they know that by pretending to be outraged, they can browbeat companies into adopting their trans agenda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom