Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Viata

Arcane
image.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Anybody post this yet? Watching now since I appreciate ACG.

Also you start as a fifth year?

Sounds like if you're into HP, this would be your shit.

I don't really care unless there is actually non-cartoonish evil route. Then I'll spend some money on this.

Or gun mod.

Last edited:

Lokiamis

Learned
Is there a single article on the entire internet that praises the game for adding a troon? Western devs are so fucking out of touch.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate had a female-to-male transvestite (no surgery in those benighted times) and that was set in the 1860's. HogLeg is a johnny-come-lately.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Watched a bit of a gameplay video(will only buy after denuvo is removed at massive discount). Honestly, the story seems fanfic tier. Like, the charname is an special wizard which has access to an ancient form of magic and joins in the magic school at the 5th year, every teacher threats him like an special snowflake....

Where is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way when we need her to go back in time and seduce the goblins???

Last edited:
Familiarized myself with the reviews. I'm very tired of the modern video review style, full of purple prose, unfocused, without an on-point structure that you'd expect from a conversation with someone thoughtful. I feel like they should try to model those more on 1 on 1 conversations, simply because there's a tendency that whenever an average writer picks up a pen, he feels like he needs to wander off, include gross filler, word games and such, and in the end its just bad prose that flows unnaturally. Some of these 300k+ views channels somehow still have rash mannerisms, unpleasant newbie voices, after years of making videos...

Due to how the reviews are not on point, it took me some time to figure out what the game structure is like. Its Assassins Creed style level locked open world, with multiple linear questlines. People who were following the game probably already knew that, but if you did not, then you wont get that from the reviews. Its kind of a shame, I was counting on some simulation-like elements, like Persona maybe, but not time-locked. A bit of wasted potential here. Beyond that the game is solid, they say. I really wonder how replayable it is. You cannot unlock all the abilities in a single run, but IGN says that there's little potential for making builds. So to me, the question is: how significant is the house choice, and whether there are significant branching paths or consequences. If there aren't, I'll be rather disappointed.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron

Attachments

• 2023-02-07_06-20-29.png
    2023-02-07_06-20-29.png
    36 KB · Views: 197

just

Liturgist
folkx are raging coz there's a SIR in sirona ryan
but first thing i''ve noticed that theres also ARYAN
cant wait till they find about this
and we're left with ON, which is a male pronoun(he) in many slavic languages

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom