Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Viata

Arcane
In a magical world that has a potion that can change your whole body and voice, the troon character still has deep male voice. Turned out even in a magical world they can't be a real women.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I was banned on the steam forums for 3 Days for saying that someone is born into their own body.

Not really interested in the game, but the meltdown is pretty epic.

thesecret1

Arcane
Searched every review and about 80% of em had shit like this

9vKQHjG.png
That's how you know you can safely disregard them. I wouldn't take opinions of such cuckolds seriously.

Elttharion

Learned
Gotta say I am already having a lot of fun with this game. I have an ultra liberal younger sister in her twenties who used to be a big HP fan. When she was a kid I used to take her after school to see the movies in the theater and she even has shirts and other merch from the books, etc. We dont live near each other anymore but still talk almost every day.

She became a liberal during college and absolutely hates JK and Harry Potter now. She also has no idea about my powerlevel and probably think I am some kind of mild left wing person (we never discuss politics).

For the last month I am pretending to be extremely excited about this game and pretending I dont know anything about JKR or trannies. Every time I see or talk to her I bring up the game and feign ignorance when she looks unconfortable with it. I also share every minor detail of the game with her on social media publicly so all her liberal friends see it too. Today I sent her news about the reviews and she didnt respond, a while latter she retweed someone complaining about laws against transphobia or whatever. I love my sister but this is payback for all those times you annoyed everyone during family lunch.

0e9.jpg

thesecret1

Arcane
Why are they always designing tranny characters in the most stereotypical way possible? Its almost like they dont want to be woman, they want to be troons and shove it in your face.
That's what the whole tranny shit evolved into. They don't really want to be the other gender, they want to be speshul and get attention. Plus they know (even if they don't admit it) there's no way they'd ever pass, so there's no point in trying to hide it.

Also why is it always a male tranny? I dont even remember a woman turned men in a recent AAA game. It almost feels like they have some kind of outside directive to always do it this way.
Female to male trannies tend to pass (after all, it's not unheard of for an ugly girl to be mistaken for a guy, and testosterone has some horrific uglifying effects on women), and as such it's not nearly as controversial, nor does it have much in the way of dangerous consequences. If such a troon demands being placed in a male prison, then the only one possibly being hurt is her herself, same goes for boy toilets, sports, etc. Basically, you'd object to a fit athlete competing in special olympics just so he can get the gold medal, but if a guy with a peg leg decides to sign onto a 100m sprint race then... well, where's the harm?

Nelka

Educated
Update your Time to Tranny charts https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/934065-hogwarts-legacy-trans-character-transgender-sirona-ryan

Hogwarts Legacyintroduces the Harry Potter series’ first transgender character, with the Three Broomsticks’ Sirona Ryan marking the first time that a trans character has appeared in any official works related to the Wizarding World.

Sirona Ryan is the proprietress of the Three Broomsticks, a pub located in the game’s Hogsmeade village. The player-character interacts with her during a mission with a goblin named Lodgok, who is friends with her.

During the quest, Sirona explains how Lodgok has always been kind to her, explaining how even when her classmates took time to “to realize I was actually a witch,” Lodgok recognized her identity immediately even after years apart.

After the player-character asks Sirona about her bond with Lodgok, she replies:

“Hadn’t seen him in years when he came in a few months ago. But, he recognized me instantly. Which is more than I can say for some of my own classmates. Took them a second to realize I was actually a witch, not a wizard.”

Reminder that Rowling supports peoples' rights to transition, she just doesn't want them invading biological women's spaces. :M Hope none of you were really planning to play a tranny game to own the trannies.

Edit: they even went real authentic with the voice

SIRona Ryan, not gonna lie, pretty based trolling +M

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You owe it to yourself to read this article. Here are some highlights.

Five days ago, a review code for Hogwarts Legacy landed in my inbox. I’ve been thinking about this moment for more than a year, ever since the backlash against the game started gaining traction online.

I’ve been a video game journalist for the past 13 years, I’m a bisexual woman and I have a big ol’ Harry Potter tattoo next to an anti-TERF tattoo

As someone who searched desperately for an example of my own identity in the pages of Harry Potter novels, I deeply appreciate the evolution and inclusion in Hogwarts Legacy .

The title of the article is

Why I'm Reviewing Hogwarts Legacy
It's our world, not hers

https://www.engadget.com/hogwarts-legacy-boycott-editorial-110018998.html

Taurist

Scholar
Reminder that there exists a currency system and there is a such thing as rich and poor wizards.

In a world where wizards can teleport around, summon any random shit they want, etc. They have to apparently ride a broomstick to a grocery store and buy food with goblin gold.
This is actually one of the more sensible parts of Rowlings world building. Folk in the middle ages would be as stunned given we have no end of "magical" labour saving machines. The Weasley family are poor, but not in poverty as its clear they can make most of what they need themselves. The only things you can spend money on are luxury items and the old textbook scam familier to those of use who have been to college.

This game looks fucking shit. Like those shitty Shadow of Mordor games. We all remember when Harry had to fight against massive suits of armor right?
Embarrassing that the shovelware games they churned out in like 8 months to match the film release seem so substantially superior and inventive.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
They are playing it, just not when streaming.

You guys sound like gossips without saying who.
I have no idea who, I'm probably thinking about any streamers saying he will not play the game because of trans. He will, just not when streaming. For HP faggots, that is pretty much the kind of game they wanted. It's shit, yes, but so is HP anyway.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
You owe it to yourself to read this article. Here are some highlights.

Five days ago, a review code for Hogwarts Legacy landed in my inbox. I’ve been thinking about this moment for more than a year, ever since the backlash against the game started gaining traction online.

I’ve been a video game journalist for the past 13 years, I’m a bisexual woman and I have a big ol’ Harry Potter tattoo next to an anti-TERF tattoo

As someone who searched desperately for an example of my own identity in the pages of Harry Potter novels, I deeply appreciate the evolution and inclusion in Hogwarts Legacy .

The title of the article is

Why I'm Reviewing Hogwarts Legacy
It's our world, not hers

https://www.engadget.com/hogwarts-legacy-boycott-editorial-110018998.html

Someone told me a while ago that she valued it a lot as a child that the Potter books had representation of Indian characters. And I thought to myself: lol wut? What is it to you? You're not even Indian, you're Dutch. The UK is full of Indians, so there's bound to be some of them in school. The two characters in question are basically named the equivalent of "Indian McCurryface". The fuck you talking about? That's what you got out of those books when you were a kid? Bull fucking shit.

deuxhero

Arcane

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They could have put dirty socks in a paper bag and called it Hogwarts and made millions from culture war sales. Look at how much buzz there is even here on the Codex, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game (including this very post).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom