Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Late Bloomer

Scholar
This is for anyone who spent their money to own the troons to play this we wuz magicians n sheit simulator

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Anybody post this yet? Watching now since I appreciate ACG.

Also you start as a fifth year?

Sounds like if you're into HP, this would be your shit.

Assumed it'd be a pretty generic open world game, but ACG's review really sold me on it. I love the contrast he describes between the school itself and the exterior landscapes beyond it.

Loved HP as a kid, and while I read the last book, I never watched the last few films / kinda lost interest in the setting as I became older and started to hold writing to higher standards. Still, not a lot of games with this kind of "actual magic" (as opposed to simply various attacks and heals flavoured around magical themes). That alone makes it stand out as pretty interesting.

Curious if any of the social issues of the time will come through, or if it's just going to be a cosy setting with anachronistic liberal values.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Never interrupt your enemy whilst they're making a mistake. I hope they continue to harass streamers, unaware of the damage it does to their "cause".

Their "cause" is fully backed by every single super rich international megacorporation on planet Earth + almost every Western government there is. Some bad optics on Twitter won't do a thing to change that.
These companies are pureblood mercenaries. If enough people wake up to the evil inherent in the trans lobby and become angry (happening right now in the UK thanks to the Scottish prison scandal), the woke companies will back away. They won't want to be associated.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The gift that keeps on giving. Now streamers are getting bullied into submission by their own viewers for playing this nonsense.

These people are broken.

https://havetheystreamedthatwizardgame.com/

Someone made a website to track who has streamed Hogwarts Legacy. This is going full gestapo. I know the irony is lost on them.

Scenario 1: A rift forms between streamers and their audience, streamers lose influence and money, their audience becomes less annoying in communities.

Scenario 2: Nobody gives a shit, reinforcing that pro-trans ideology is losing power over the masses / doesn't equate to purchasing power over the markets.

Where's the downside?

cruel

Cipher
Can we create another thread for Hogwarts drama, and leave this one to discuss the game itself? So many posts and almost nothing about actual game quality, amazing.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Can we create another thread for Hogwarts drama, and leave this one to discuss the game itself? So many posts and almost nothing about actual game quality, amazing.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
But the real game was the drama we made along the way.

More seriously though, I wouldn't expect the codexers to be super interested in this game for many, many reasons.

It would have to take a product of exemplary quality and vision to endear this forum to a modern year Harry Potter game.

Or a gun mod and make all NPCs non-essential mod. Come on Modders, do the thing.

BruceVC

Magister
Anybody post this yet? Watching now since I appreciate ACG.

Also you start as a fifth year?

Sounds like if you're into HP, this would be your shit.

Assumed it'd be a pretty generic open world game, but ACG's review really sold me on it. I love the contrast he describes between the school itself and the exterior landscapes beyond it.

Loved HP as a kid, and while I read the last book, I never watched the last few films / kinda lost interest in the setting as I became older and started to hold writing to higher standards. Still, not a lot of games with this kind of "actual magic" (as opposed to simply various attacks and heals flavoured around magical themes). That alone makes it stand out as pretty interesting.

Curious if any of the social issues of the time will come through, or if it's just going to be a cosy setting with anachronistic liberal values.

Absolutely, I just watched this review and now Im really looking forward to this game

The combat looks complex, the open world is full of activities and I like the idea of getting lost in Hogwarts and finding secrets :bounce:

Delterius

Arcane

Jarmaro

Liturgist
From watching the gameplay on streams for a few hours it is clear to me that the game is an astounding monument to everything that is Harry Potter, and the developers put an incredible amount of love into making the game. It's the most soulful game I've seen in a while, it oozes creativity and faithfulness to the book and movies. It's beyond my wildest expectations. If not for the political climate I would unironically call it a strong Game-of-the-Year candidate.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
More seriously though, I wouldn't expect the codexers to be super interested in this game for many, many reasons.

It would have to take a product of exemplary quality and vision to endear this forum to a modern year Harry Potter game.

Or a gun mod and make all NPCs non-essential mod. Come on Modders, do the thing.
The spell that repairs bridges or whatever becomes a gravity gun? :D

Sirona appears to be the name of an ancient celtic goddess of fertility. Interesting choice.
'Gay' baby-making???

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I keep scrolling and all I see is you lot talking about trans things. Very old, boring and useless.

I hear the game is good, like Chamber of Secrets good, or even better. Is it true?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom