Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

BruceVC

Magister
This thread would be much more worthwhile to read if it was actually about the game, not political seething about whatever dumb topic. Why don't you make another thread for it? I hoped that at least Codex can have game-focused conversations. Sadly, it turned out otherwise. When I come here I want to talk about games, not see reverse Reset Era.
Happens to other topics as well unfortunately. For people like me who don't give a shit it's annoying as fuck. These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex by the people who keep commenting that they see them everywhere - and not anywhere else in real life :roll:
tell you what, we'll stop talking about thee evils of progressive politics once publishers and devs stop explicitly endorsing progressive politics in their games.
Why dont you guys create a dedicated thread to it in the OT section, then you can rage and vent as much as you like? Leave the gaming threads to...you know gaming discussions?

Alex

Arcane
In the past, Christians hated HP by it being "demoniac" and encouraging sorcery. Now wokies hate HP by it being "problematic" and encouraging transphobia. Same dogmatism.
Actually now the Holy Roman Church seems to love HP, not for the tranny polemic (I bet they don't even know what's the problem), but due to HP's anti-science sentiment (sorry, the article is in Italian):
https://www.avvenire.it/agora/pagine/harry-potter-una-magia-molto-teologica
Current Year Vatican is a bit of a mess, i.e. this is Jesus rising from a Nuclear crater.

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzNlNWQ5ZTA0YTllNmUxN2Q4NV81ODQyMjc1NTg2XzU0YTNmZWY3YTNfYi5qcGciXSxbInAiLCJ0aHVtYiIsIjczMHg0ODcrNis2Il0sWyJwIiwiY29udmVydCIsIi1xdWFsaXR5IDkxIC1hdXRvLW9yaWVudCJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwiNjAweD4iXV0
I was raised Catholic. Some parts of my life were more faithful than others but Pope Francis sealed the deal on making me quit the faith entirely.

Fuck him and his kowtowing to entities like the CCP. He's a political hack more concerned with his legacy and status than any religious rhetoric. Evidently the God of the Papacy doesn't give a shit, so I wont either.

When the time comes to be judged, saying someone else made you give up your faith is certainly something for which the other party will have to answer for.

It won't, however, erase your own fault in the matter.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
This thread would be much more worthwhile to read if it was actually about the game, not political seething about whatever dumb topic. Why don't you make another thread for it? I hoped that at least Codex can have game-focused conversations. Sadly, it turned out otherwise. When I come here I want to talk about games, not see reverse Reset Era.
Happens to other topics as well unfortunately. For people like me who don't give a shit it's annoying as fuck. These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex by the people who keep commenting that they see them everywhere - and not anywhere else in real life :roll:
tell you what, we'll stop talking about thee evils of progressive politics once publishers and devs stop explicitly endorsing progressive politics in their games.
Why dont you guys create a dedicated thread to it in the OT section, then you can rage and vent as much as you like? Leave the gaming threads to...you know gaming discussions?
Why don't you just ignore users that want to talk about politics in games? This literally gives you a tool to do exactly that. Or better yet, play better games made by devs that wanted to make games, not push their political view(aka games made up to 90s, ignoring shit ones).

Sheepherder

Augur
It's the way of the world. In a few years everyone will move on to other topics and today's topics will be long forgotten.
Yeah, but I miss the time when the gaming controversies were hot-cofee or dudes making doom wads to practice their school shootings (the wads were of decent quality, as I heard).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Enabler of what? Because the claim was its white genocide. Trannies aren't white genocide. Asians, blacks, jews, etc, are equally affected by this new fetish/lifestyle/whatever.
Because they are trying to destroy West culture which is based on white Europe. It is not about skin color but way of life and culture that does not need radical changes for the worse.

Delterius

Arcane
there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to talk about. it's not the kind of shovelware that the studio normally delivers. it's not amazing either. even the positive reviews from sites like IGN complain about stuff the codex always found trite, such as lack of enemy variety or the generic plot. many features were oversold, like character customization. i'd also guess denuvo hurt the game's performance. it's not really the harry potter bully some were hoping for. 'median' seems to be the word of the day, and that's good enough for a harry potter theme park.

Sheepherder

Augur
Hot coffee i.e. GTA nude mod? God that takes me back :lol:
It was no simple mod. The assets for it were shipped in the game, so all a modder did was change "seggs = 0" to "seggs = 1", which then later resulted in lawsuits against Rockstar, new laws being passed and much pearl clutching. You have to keep in mind that back then, video games were the cause of all violence in the world, and lawmakers had to move swiftly to prevent video games from also causing sex to occur.

Mortmal

Arcane
I agree but the game hasn't even been released yet. Not exactly much to talk about.
It is , for deluxe edition again, and it's game of the year for sure till skyrim in space. Not sure its a rpg but its a good polished console game very faithful to harry potter. Wasnt expecting anything really but turns out a good video game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Enabler of what? Because the claim was its white genocide. Trannies aren't white genocide. Asians, blacks, jews, etc, are equally affected by this new fetish/lifestyle/whatever.
Because they are trying to destroy West culture which is based on white Europe. It is not about skin color but way of life and culture that does not need radical changes for the worse.
"Not being transsexual" isn't European white identity. Its every people's identity. Transgender as a sex fetish or a fashion style or whatever is not some virus from Africa that the jewish politicians are infecting white children with. Its a new phenomena for every culture and people.
When it rains outside, its not raining on white people. Its just raining. You are being silly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
"Not being transsexual" isn't European white identity. Its every people's identity. Transgender as a sex fetish or a fashion style or whatever is not some virus from Africa that the jewish politicians are infecting white children with. Its a new phenomena for every culture and people.
When it rains outside, its not raining on white people. Its just raining. You are being silly.
No, white Europe is based on Christian values. Last 20 years (more like last 50) demon controlled people have done everything they can to go against it. Every positive thing Bible teaches has been opposed directly and people are trying to get used to doing opposite as being good and moral. It is all connected. Religion, culture, way of life. It is all trying to be destroyed and deconstructed though news, new culture generating things (like games) and politics.

You cannot take over and control people without first destroying what they are already.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I'm sure if I paid 5 yuro buck to third-worlder for pisssing on your house, you would hold the same discourses about it just being rain.

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
I'll preface this with the fact that as a dude in my early 30s, the Harry Potter franchise will live in my head rent-free for the rest of my life.

That said, I sat down to play yesterday after I got home from work and six hours later I'm looking at a clock and realizing I've been entranced since I sat down. It's incredibly obvious that the developers love the source material, and have created Hogwarts and it's surrounding grounds in painstaking detail. There's a fun secret around every corner, no lack of things to do, environmental puzzles to solve, or side-quests to take up. Most characters so far have been likeable, which has been a surprise, and while I am playing this first time around as a "good" guy, there have seen some funny options to just be kind of an asshole for no real reason. For example at one point a younger student asked me to help find her gobstones (Wizard marbles, essentially) because her housemates had hidden them from her because she was being obnoxious. I was able to tell her, to her face, that I understood why she had no friends, and still got the xp for completing the quest. Good shit.

The story, admittedly, is a little rote so far, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. I find myself genuinely interested to see where this is going. The wife has been pretty interested in watching, as well.

Obviously it's still early goings, but I know what I'm doing when I get home from work today.

Turns out the game is... Good?

Last edited:

xuerebx

Erudite
No, white Europe is based on Christian values. Last 20 years (more like last 50) demon controlled people have done everything they can to go against it. Every positive thing Bible teaches has been opposed directly and people are trying to get used to doing opposite as being good and moral. It is all connected. Religion, culture, way of life. It is all trying to be destroyed and deconstructed though news, new culture generating things (like games) and politics.

You cannot take over and control people without first destroying what they are already.

demon controlled people :lol:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Played 4hrs so far. HP is something from my childhood, with a bit of reliving it with my 6yr old (just first movies so far). I'm extremely impressed with visuals of this game. Combat also seems quite fun, and story so far is servicable. Can't wait to get broom and/or mount, and unlock more of the world. I think I'll let my kid just explore for a bit sometimes. Seems quite wholesome as well.

I've also heard there is a boycott of this and some trans controversy? I don't get why, really. Character creation only tells you to choose witch or wizard, there's no male/female voice anywhere (just voice 1/voice 2). You can mix and match anything body-related you want. There is apparently a trans character, though I wouldn't have noticed (which I assume is what they want?) if I didn't read about it beforehand.

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
Played 4hrs so far. HP is something from my childhood, with a bit of reliving it with my 6yr old (just first movies so far). I'm extremely impressed with visuals of this game. Combat also seems quite fun, and story so far is servicable. Can't wait to get broom and/or mount, and unlock more of the world. I think I'll let my kid just explore for a bit sometimes. Seems quite wholesome as well.

I've also heard there is a boycott of this and some trans controversy? I don't get why, really. Character creation only tells you to choose witch or wizard, there's no male/female voice anywhere (just voice 1/voice 2). You can mix and match anything body-related you want. There is apparently a trans character, though I wouldn't have noticed (which I assume is what they want?) if I didn't read about it beforehand.
The trans controversy is because JK Rowling, who created the wizarding world, is kind of a cunt about her beliefs, so the entire chronically online trans community are being cunts about THEIR beliefs to every single person who decides to play a video game.

That's it. That's the whole story.

I'm a lefty (especially for this board), and I still think they're being a ridiculous woke mob about this entire thing. It's some real fascist shit to want to police media. Not helping their case at all.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

My bad, I thought you were trying to make an argument. Pretend we never talked. Bye.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

The trans controversy is because JK Rowling, who created the wizarding world, is kind of a cunt about her beliefs, so the entire chronically online trans community are being cunts about THEIR beliefs to every single person who decides to play a video game.

I'm a lefty (especially for this board), and I still think they're being a ridiculous woke mob about this entire thing. It's some real fascist shit to want to police media. Not helping their case at all.
What exactly is wrong with being "kind of a cunt"? What do you need to do to be kind of a cunt?

Zlaja

Arcane
These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex

If you have failed to notice the overbearing trans-agenda in both politics, media and entertainment, then you're either just playing stupid, or you're one of those types that fails to notice anything of note going on in society outside of his own life.

It's the way of the world. In a few years everyone will move on to other topics and today's topics will be long forgotten.

Oh, the society will certainly move on to discuss other (even more sick) agendas once the trans-agenda has been hammered down to such an extent that even questioning its dogma (in any walk of life) will tag you as an equivalent to a holocaust denier.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I agree but the game hasn't even been released yet. Not exactly much to talk about.
You are allowed to talk about how his sacred negroes are finally getting the representation they deserve! Rosa Parks was a real heroine and rolemodel in 1800s England!

xuerebx

Erudite
These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex

If you have failed to notice the overbearing trans-agenda in both politics, media and entertainment, then you're either just playing stupid, or you're one of those types that fails to notice anything of note going on in society outside of his own life.

Oh, the society will certainly move on to discuss other (even more sick) agendas once the trans-agenda has been hammered down to such an extent that even questioning its dogma (in any walk of life) will tag you as an equivalent to a holocaust denier.

Of course I notice it, but I don't give a fuck. What I do give a fuck about is discussing one of the few hobbies I have (gaming) on an internet forum and topics keep getting derailed by this shit. What is stupid is acting like it makes a difference to our lives in the grand scheme of things. Let's say one of the impacts is adding some stupid third sex option at character creation - boo fucking hoo. I get over it a few seconds later. It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing. Acting like it does is just making noise. Plus this place is an echo chamber for this shit since many of you pat each others' backs. That's my problem - other people's petty problems.

Edit: to those who keep rating "cuck", go suck a cock.

Last edited:

Rephyrnomicon

Novice

What exactly is wrong with being "kind of a cunt"? What do you need to do to be kind of a cunt?
You're asking the wrong guy, I was just explaining why the terminally online mentally ill morons are up in arms.

thesecret1

Arcane
Met the tranny. What a fucking kiloton of cringe :lol: I'd even give him the benefit of the doubt (I mean this is britain we're talking about, ugly chicks are kind of a staple of theirs), but then he opens his mouth and out comes this deep, unmistakably male voice :lol:

Zlaja

Arcane
Let's say one of the impacts is adding some stupid third sex option at character creation - boo fucking hoo

It doesn't end with that. Soon enough most tv-shows and commercials will have trans freaks in it. And that includes children shows.

It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing

Well, let's hope your kid doesn't end up being one of those unfortunate ones ensnared by trans-activists while having fun/playing online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom