Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
The books were also garbage.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Almost half a million people preordered the deluxe edition and are playing the game right now. Jesas
The rule of thumb on release is to multiply the concurrent players by 10 to approximate total sales, so this is potentially 4 million.

500k concurrent players and it's not even officially released? Oh yeah, this game made bank. It is one the best selling games this year, and despite codex opinions (which are unfortunately/fortunately not that of the mainstream) seems to have a decent chance at GOTY.

I mean, whatever, it's a HP game so everybody knew it'll sell like hotcakes, but it turned out to not be complete shit. In current year that's the most you can ask for.

I'll drop by steamdb in a few days to see if owner estimations have come out.

Viata

Arcane
I want to see how many of those players bought the game to "own the libs"
A minority. HP is big as fuck and any interesting game will sell easily. It's the kind of game HP fans asked for. Do remember that modern gamers buy shit from Ubisoft every fucking year, so it doesn't matter if HP looks like shit for most users here.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Enabler of what? Because the claim was its white genocide. Trannies aren't white genocide. Asians, blacks, jews, etc, are equally affected by this new fetish/lifestyle/whatever.
Because they are trying to destroy West culture which is based on white Europe. It is not about skin color but way of life and culture that does not need radical changes for the worse.
"Not being transsexual" isn't European white identity. Its every people's identity. Transgender as a sex fetish or a fashion style or whatever is not some virus from Africa that the jewish politicians are infecting white children with. Its a new phenomena for every culture and people.
When it rains outside, its not raining on white people. Its just raining. You are being silly.
No, white Europe is based on Christian values. Last 20 years (more like last 50) demon controlled people have done everything they can to go against it. Every positive thing Bible teaches has been opposed directly and people are trying to get used to doing opposite as being good and moral. It is all connected. Religion, culture, way of life. It is all trying to be destroyed and deconstructed though news, new culture generating things (like games) and politics.

You cannot take over and control people without first destroying what they are already.
My bad, I thought you were trying to make an argument. Pretend we never talked. Bye.
Ah my sweet summer child. You will learn one day, let hope it happens before White Walkers are about to kill you.

Parsifarka

Arcane
A normie friend sent me a video of his attempt at character creation, ranting about how it was impossible to choose a white character and all facial presets were weird flavours of mutt. A fag friend stopped playing during the tutorial after realizing that the, to his judgement, "passable" character he'd spent an hour creating was hideously rendered in-game. Even on Reddit of all places there have been topics asking why isn't it possible to choose pale skin colours, there's some noticing happening.

I've been watching excerpts from the game in YT and the work on the scenarios truly is astonishing: the architecture looks great, really like what the old games would with the current tech and the environments are nicely animated with moving statues, portraits, etc... but everything about the character models is terrible: disgusting faces, dead eyes, awful idle animations during dialogue... on a technical level it sits squarely in the infamous uncanny valley and that's not talking about every male interaction being extremely uncomfortable, they all talk like effeminate faggots looking for some action with the player's character. There's also a distinct lack of actor direction during some of the line recordings. And of course, yes, if I were to buy a Hogwarts game it would certainly be because I so desire to listen to atrocious African and Arab accents being thrown at me, let alone staring at their nu-Anglo faces.

So part of the trash seems to be mandated by current year standards (for example, professor Garlick looks like she could have been originally designed as being genuinely attractive and then iterated to degradation), part of it sheer incompetence (beards look horrible, like grey blur glued to the face, all facial hair in this game is PS3-tier). A depressing waste of amazing talent from the environment design department.

As for gameplay itself, from what I've seen (again, from watching some recordings) it appears to be mostly a collection of brain-dead minigames that must be repeated to gather sufficient ingredients/the next skill in order to unlock the next cinematographic story mission, but I'm glad to read here from people that actually bought this (LMAO) that the optional exploration actually takes advantage of the gorgeous setting. Let's hope they break the game apart on PC and someone can salvage the extraordinary castle and village.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
As a - apparently much needed - reminder, merits of the tranny game aside, since it hasn't been cracked yet anyone playing it means he spent money to buy a game with denuvo, and as such is categorically a COLOSSAL CUCK.

It's amusing reading about 'taking a stance' or 'fighting against' the current ideological dogma in USA, as if they did something virtuous or worth attention by posting their political opinions on a niche RPG Forum for autists
If it upsets people like you then it is definitely worth it to keep posting about. I mean you have basically 99% of the internet for your sanitized normalfag opinions but you still whine about one place having discussion you can easily ignore or move on from.

Zlaja

Arcane
I tried watching a few streams, but everyone's character looks cringe. They're just too old. You're playing as someone in their upper teens, yet you're running around in outfits that make anyone past the age of 12 wearing them look like a dork. This is a kid's setting and outfits are made for kids, so you should also be playing as a kid.

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
I want to see how many of those players bought the game to "own the libs"
I doubt that that was significant. I think it's far more likely that most of the screechers are virtue signalling and then went away and got the mega deluxe edition in the privacy of their homes.
I saw at least two people on my PS friends list last night playing it who I've heard say in public that if you play the game you're a monster, so yeah. You're exactly right.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

It applies on both sides you know? This is a gaming thread after all that got deviated once again by crap.

Anyways i got it for my gf she is a super Harry Potter fan. Tho i heard is more action focused than simulative my gf hoped there was sort of simulations whitin the game. We shall watch and see. The game was well reiceved tho and already sold a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
Almost half a million people preordered the deluxe edition and are playing the game right now. Jesas
The rule of thumb on release is to multiply the concurrent players by 10 to approximate total sales, so this is potentially 4 million.

500k concurrent players and it's not even officially released? Oh yeah, this game made bank. It is one the best selling games this year, and despite codex opinions (which are unfortunately/fortunately not that of the mainstream) seems to have a decent chance at GOTY.

I mean, whatever, it's a HP game so everybody knew it'll sell like hotcakes, but it turned out to not be complete shit. In current year that's the most you can ask for.

I'll drop by steamdb in a few days to see if owner estimations have come out.
Last year we got elden ring only , this year its hogwart, it will sell even more for sure. It's the drought and there's serious lack of good AAA gaming, so it will make its 4 millions easy counting consoles and the yet to be released switch version.Turns out you can make money with vvideo games if you put a minimum of efforts into.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I tried watching a few streams, but everyone's character looks cringe. They're just too old. You're playing as someone in their upper teens, yet you're running around in outfits that make anyone past the age of 12 wearing them look like a dork. This is a kid's setting and outfits are made for kids, so you should also be playing as a kid.
The Eternal School Uniform.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

If you do start as a fifth year, then you start as 15-16. Does time progress and you get to graduate, or are you stuck in perpetual teenagehood?

You won't catch me speaking fondly of Fire Emblem: Three Houses often, but that game did let you progress through the magical school and onto adulthood.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
This seems to also be another game that contains a word filter in SinglePlayer similar to The Outer Worlds to make sure that even at home people are having fun the correct way:
a4t3b3j4kxga1.jpg

Polefag also mentioned that "Janusz" doesn't work because it contains "anus". "Deez Nuts" supposedly also on the filter. Maybe someone will post the list for hilarity like for that once it's properly out.
"Ima Biggit" worked though:

You just have to be creative :lol:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This seems to also be another game that contains a word filter in SinglePlayer similar to The Outer Worlds to make sure that even at home people are having fun the correct way:
a4t3b3j4kxga1.jpg

Polefag also mentioned that "Janusz" doesn't work because it contains "anus". "Deez Nuts" supposedly also on the filter. Maybe someone will post the list for hilarity like for that once it's properly out.
"Ima Biggit" worked though:

You just have to be creative :lol:

Would marry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom