Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Artyoan

Prophet
These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex

If you have failed to notice the overbearing trans-agenda in both politics, media and entertainment, then you're either just playing stupid, or you're one of those types that fails to notice anything of note going on in society outside of his own life.

It's the way of the world. In a few years everyone will move on to other topics and today's topics will be long forgotten.

Oh, the society will certainly move on to discuss other (even more sick) agendas once the trans-agenda has been hammered down to such an extent that even questioning its dogma (in any walk of life) will tag you as an equivalent to a holocaust denier.

Of course I notice it, but I don't give a fuck. What I do give a fuck about is discussing one of the few hobbies I have (gaming) on an internet forum and topics keep getting derailed by this shit. What is stupid is acting like it makes a difference to our lives in the grand scheme of things. Let's say one of the impacts is adding some stupid third sex option at character creation - boo fucking hoo. I get over it a few seconds later. It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing. Acting like it does is just making noise. Plus this place is an echo chamber for this shit since many of you pat each others' backs. That's my problem - other people's petty problems.
I used to buy into the 'it doesn't affect me' line of thinking back in the mid 2000s. Now I'm in a mentally ill clown world where it turns out that actually pushing back on the psychotic elements of society would have done a lot of good. And this ridiculous ideology has done a lot to destroy people I know. Nothing says tolerance quite like telling people its okay to mutilate themselves for a solipsistic lie.

The progressive left is now in bed with corporations. They are, and have been, the aggressors in the culture wars for the last few decades. Rowling is now somehow enemy number one for making the very obvious assertion that men cannot actually become women and vice versa. The idea that none of this matters or is petty to push back on is now insane to me. So I have zero issue with these raging fires, they should have started long ago.

I was supposed to play it for an hour after work.

I don't like Harry Potter, as a preface. I know nothing about it, only reason I got it is because my handler decided to gift it to me as I had expressed joy about my childhood with the first games.

The first thing that boots up is the accessibility screen, this is unironically good because it also has controls for font size and casual mode widgets. It's accessibility design I can get behind, it does it once and then it's out of the way. The next screen is for linking your Wizarding World account to transfer over your wizard Lego obsession. I did not have one so I skipped it.

Then the game launches. No gender slider or choice, you pick witch or Wizard. This is oddly fitting and made me chuckle.

It's good. It has tons of secrets and lots to do. It allows you to play Fashion Souls. The dodge button is not some magic evade like reviewers claim. It just works for AOE attacks your block button would not work on.

The world is impressive and very large. It runs really well. Quest design is okay, but it's very clear who this is for - Hogwarts superfans. But even without being one, I was genuinely immersed and I liked it.

My biggest annoyance this far is the damn camera. At times I feel like it forces me to stare into the back of the players head. It has a FOV slider, which is nice.

If the camera allowed me to zoom back, I would have no complaints about the game this far. I was supposed to play for an hour but by the time I realised, it had been over three. I'm generally super good with time management, so this is rare.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex

If you have failed to notice the overbearing trans-agenda in both politics, media and entertainment, then you're either just playing stupid, or you're one of those types that fails to notice anything of note going on in society outside of his own life.

It's the way of the world. In a few years everyone will move on to other topics and today's topics will be long forgotten.

Oh, the society will certainly move on to discuss other (even more sick) agendas once the trans-agenda has been hammered down to such an extent that even questioning its dogma (in any walk of life) will tag you as an equivalent to a holocaust denier.

Of course I notice it, but I don't give a fuck. What I do give a fuck about is discussing one of the few hobbies I have (gaming) on an internet forum and topics keep getting derailed by this shit. What is stupid is acting like it makes a difference to our lives in the grand scheme of things. Let's say one of the impacts is adding some stupid third sex option at character creation - boo fucking hoo. I get over it a few seconds later. It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing. Acting like it does is just making noise. Plus this place is an echo chamber for this shit since many of you pat each others' backs. That's my problem - other people's petty problems.
I used to buy into the 'it doesn't affect me' line of thinking back in the mid 2000s. Now I'm in a mentally ill clown world where it turns out that actually pushing back on the psychotic elements of society would have done a lot of good. And this ridiculous ideology has done a lot to destroy people I know. Nothing says tolerance quite like telling people its okay to mutilate themselves for a solipsistic lie.

The progressive left is now in bed with corporations. They are, and have been, the aggressors in the culture wars for the last few decades. Rowling is now somehow enemy number one for making the very obvious assertion that men cannot actually become women and vice versa. The idea that none of this matters or is petty to push back on is now insane to me. So I have zero issue with these raging fires, they should have started long ago.
All of this needed to be nipped in the bud. They tried the same shit on the Japanese, they resisted it from the beginning. They're not facing these problems nearly to the same extent.

xuerebx

Erudite
Let's say one of the impacts is adding some stupid third sex option at character creation - boo fucking hoo

It doesn't end with that. Soon enough most tv-shows and commercials will have trans freaks in it. And that includes children shows.

It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing

Well, let's hope your kid doesn't end up being one of those unfortunate ones ensnared by trans-activists while having fun/playing online.
I'm sure she'll be fine. We had 4chan back in the day and most of us turned out ok :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I also hate it (ideologies being pushed, not people who are trans) e.g. there was a trans person on Malta's Got Talent (lol) who only got to the finals just because she/he was trans. It's stupid, I rolled my eyes to the back of my head and told my wife it's unfair on the other competitors plus it's fucking stupid. I mean I get that it's a mental/psychological issue and I can't fault a person for that, but said people get air time by non-trans people. Anyway, the point is that although I hate this shit too, I hate it even more when people on the internet keep hammering on about it. That's my gripe. This is the RPG discussion section not the off topic section.

Zlaja

Arcane
I used to buy into the 'it doesn't affect me' line of thinking back in the mid 2000s. Now I'm in a mentally ill clown world where it turns out that actually pushing back on the psychotic elements of society would have done a lot of good

That's how this bullshit works. Many supposedly reasonable people will constanly tell you that you're "overreacting", that none of this is "big of a deal" and that it "doesn't impact you" etc. Basically, you're being told not to die on this hill. Retreat and regroup for a fight more important. But, sooner or later, there's not gonna be much territory left to defend, so perhaps we should have fought for that stupid hill after all.

All of this needed to be nipped in the bud. They tried the same shit on the Japanese, they resisted it from the beginning. They're not facing these problems nearly to the same extent.
It is a slow process but it will make progress there regardless. Some of their largest corporations moved to california like Sony and Square Enix and even for those that don't Fromsoft put body type a and b in Elden Ring for example.

I get over it a few seconds later. It doesn't impact ANYTHING else in my life, my friends, my family, my kid, nothing. Acting like it does is just making noise.
Impressive, I thought this argument, always made in bad faith, was now so antiquated that it had entirely fallen out of fashion and that it had been run dry through the consequence of people buying it becoming clear. Yet here it is, amongst the living in its decayed state, spreading a foul stench.
Transgender as a sex fetish or a fashion style or whatever is not some virus from Africa that the jewish politicians are infecting white children with. Its a new phenomena for every culture and people.
It must be bliss to be not only this ignorant but historically illiterate. When the gewes in 'gender studies' academia claim this is something suppressed by the European Christian men, or 'Whites', they are quite correct. It's not something they made up or grabbed out of thin ayre. Neither is it something new, it is so antient that it predates writing. Shouldn't a rentboy of the Ottomans know better?
The progressive left is now in bed with corporations.
Always were, where do you think they spawned from? Who do you think funded them? Who do you think control these corporations?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Codex is becoming, by the day, more of a liberal dumbster fire. It's like that meme with the disguised soy boy pretending.

I only just noticed it because I only browse and comment a few specific topics, but this place has taken a turn for the worse.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm honestly surprised that this seems to be a genuinely fun western open world game. I was half-expecting it to end up being a dull Ubishitian hackjob. So far this year looks pretty promising for gaming.

Falksi

Arcane

U OK hun?

S.torch

Liturgist
What I do give a fuck about is discussing one of the few hobbies I have (gaming) on an internet forum and topics keep getting derailed by this shit.

Ok bro, it's okay that supposedly you're not affected at all by any of that. But how is "derailing" if the 90 percent of the news that are brought here are comments by the developers of the game themselves? People are literally talking things of the game that they are spouting. Better say that you like to put the head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore what they spout or that people should be unable to comment on what they're saying.

Is very convenient for you to put the fault on the people but not on the developers, apparently, who some always are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt even when nobody is forcing them to do anything of this or bring it up in the first place.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It's amusing reading about 'taking a stance' or 'fighting against' the current ideological dogma in USA, as if they did something virtuous or worth attention by posting their political opinions on a niche RPG Forum for autists (can there be a non-autistic RPG forum? Questionable). Nothing you say or do here matters. If you feel desire to make a change, go somewhere where you can actually make it, because sure as hell that place isn't here. No one cares that you're on the losing side of an ideological conflict that will lose its significance just a few years from now. Start talking about video games or fuck off.

S.torch

Liturgist
I'm content being an ostrich then. Moving on...

A perfectly and respectable position. But then why ask that everyone behaves like an ostrich too?

If you feel desire to make a change, go somewhere where you can actually make it, because sure as hell that place isn't here.

Only morons and imbeciles care about politics. Nobody gives a heck about making a difference here. People are just making fun of the developers for their "activist" behaviour.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You are allowed to talk about how his sacred negroes are finally getting the representation they deserve! Rosa Parks was a real heroine and rolemodel in 1800s England!

O no, the game about child wizards has elements that are not historically accurate! Time to go cry on the internet!

Honestly, the most interesting thing about the game is that it's apparently good for what it is. I went from who cares to maybe I'll pick it up at some point to give it a spin.

Elttharion

Learned
HExQFoJ.png

Almost half a million people preordered the deluxe edition and are playing the game right now. Jesas

Zlaja

Arcane
If you feel desire to make a change, go somewhere where you can actually make it, because sure as hell that place isn't here

HEY, WHY DO YOU GUYS WASTE TIME TALKING ABOUT RPGS HERE ON THIS NICHE SITE? GO AND TALK ABOUT GAMES IN SOME PLACE THAT REALLY MATTERS!

Dexter

Arcane
This seems to also be another game that contains a word filter in SinglePlayer similar to The Outer Worlds to make sure that even at home people are having fun the correct way:
a4t3b3j4kxga1.jpg

Polefag also mentioned that "Janusz" doesn't work because it contains "anus". "Deez Nuts" supposedly also on the filter. Maybe someone will post the list for hilarity like for that once it's properly out.

The jews are right about Whites, we are repressing others since the dawn of time, and its a good thing!
Can't tell if 200 IQ chosen man, or a low IQ goym cattle.
Since you favour Satan you consider it a bad thing to oppose him, I do not, and thus consider it Good. Yes, we 'repressed' pædophiles, 'homosexuals', spiteful demon worshipping kikes, subhuman slavers, and all the other riffraff, &c. It was one source of the preëminence of Europe, although I consider it a great sin of the Anglos to end slavery globally. Indeed, many mistakes were made, such as the miscegenation of the Iberians. Now that we have seen the end of the ancien régime you get to enjoy the fruits of its absence, such as Bodytype A and Bodytype B in your video games. This is what a lack of Christianity and of Aryan control of their homelands looks like, nothing new. The infernal powers that now reign were at this before the first cities betwixt the Tigris and the Euphrates were rais'd. So go on and march in your LGBTQ parades, maybe you'll find some mongrel Arab to sodomise you to remind you of old times.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The jews are right about Whites, we are repressing others since the dawn of time, and its a good thing!
Can't tell if 200 IQ chosen man, or a low IQ goym cattle.
Since you favour Satan you consider it a bad thing to oppose him, I do not, and thus consider it Good. Yes, we 'repressed' pædophiles, 'homosexuals', spiteful demon worshipping kikes, subhuman slavers, and all the other riffraff, &c. It was one source of the preëminence of Europe, although I consider it a great sin of the Anglos to end slavery globally. Indeed, many mistakes were made, such as the miscegenation of the Iberians. Now that we have seen the end of the ancien régime you get to enjoy the fruits of its absence, such as Bodytype A and Bodytype B in your video games. This is what a lack of Christianity and of Aryan control of their homelands looks like, nothing new. The infernal powers that now reign were at this before the first cities betwixt the Tigris and the Euphrates were rais'd. So go on and march in your LGBTQ parades, maybe you'll find some mongrel Arab to sodomise you to remind you of old times.
Hail Satan.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
A shame that the material they were 'faithful' to (the nostalgia they're trying to mine) was those garbage movies instead of the books. Reminds me of the damage the Peter Jackson LOTR movies did.

Sarathiour

Cipher
A shame that the material they were 'faithful' to (the nostalgia they're trying to mine) was those garbage movies instead of the books. Reminds me of the damage the Peter Jackson LOTR movies did.
:notsureifserious:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom