Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
they force you to play as a retarded guy with crazy hair and a ludicrous sword saving the world, they produce bad games
You take that back asshole, Yakuza 7 is great.

BruceVC

Magister
Shameful that it needed to be 4chan to make the this list, while you all go on and on about how great it is :D

98c40a7f518793250684ae71a70f2586.jpg
Whats your personal experience playing this game, to me thats more relevant and convincing than people I dont know raging and ranting through SM or the Internet?

BruceVC

Magister
Whats your personal experience playing this game, to me thats more relevant and convincing than people I dont know raging and ranting through SM or the Internet?
How is this different from any opinion on the rpgcodex?
Well its not if you havent played the game but obviously if you have played a game or are playing a game then your opinion is going to be informed on your actual experience and not what someone else is saying. I would think that was obvious?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yakuza 7 is great.

I was talking about kingdom hearts, xenoblade, ff7 and similar games. Y7, maybe I will play once someone mods the game and allow you to play as an onmyouji. Just kidding. I have heard good things about Ÿ7. but din't played yet, but almost everyone praises its combat and story. IF an game manages to make me like melee, is because melee in the game is spectacular. Examples? Dark Souls 2/3. Mainly in DLCs, I used far more moonlight greatsword than my spells in ds2 dlcs. And in DS3 with convergence mod, I used a lot the leviathan axe. IMO Axes >> Swords.

That said, the gameplay in this game seems boring. Like, apparently 90%+ of the encounters are just a endless stunlock of spells

ArchAngel

Arcane
I haven't played this, so I can't comment on the list of factoids itself, but the conclusion that "WB pushes white genocide" doesn't follow from these.
You people are being farcical.
If there was no pushback that is how it would end up. Same for all the pushback for grooming for kids that if it was just ignored would end up as pedophilia becoming just another sexual preference.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If there was no pushback that is how it would end up.
Body Type 1 or pronouns aren't anti-white, they are equivalent for all races. Same with grooming, peodphilia, whatever. Its not a white exclusive thing.
Mentioning famous non-whites isn't anti-white, unless you really value the opportunity cost of mentioning whites instead. Maybe you wanted a monument to Churchill instead of to MLK, and its "anti-white" to not have a monument to Churchill? But honestly I can't draw a straight line from a Black Panther reference to white genocide. I can actually imagine a timeline where Black Panther is referenced, and whites aren't killed off as a race.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Body Type 1 or pronouns aren't anti-white, they are equivalent for all races. Same with grooming, peodphilia, whatever. Its not a white exclusive thing.
Mentioning famous non-whites isn't anti-white, unless you really value the opportunity cost of mentioning whites instead. Maybe you wanted a monument to Churchill instead of to MLK, and its "anti-white" to not have a monument to Churchill? But honestly I can't draw a straight line from a Black Panther reference to white genocide. I can actually imagine a timeline where Black Panther is referenced, and whites aren't killed off as a race.
This is a slippery slope problem and it is proven every day in life and politics. 10 years ago we didn't have pronouns and shit in games and now we do, even in games that people this is catering to hate.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Enabler.

Tyrr

Liturgist
The TERF vs tranny war is a civil war inside the woke/left ideology. It's Stalinists vs Trotskyists.
Don't make the mistake to think something is good just because the trannies hate it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yakuza 7 is great.

I was talking about kingdom hearts, xenoblade, ff7 and similar games. Y7, maybe I will play once someone mods the game and allow you to play as an onmyouji. Just kidding. I have heard good things about Ÿ7. but din't played yet, but almost everyone praises its combat and story. IF an game manages to make me like melee, is because melee in the game is spectacular. Examples? Dark Souls 2/3. Mainly in DLCs, I used far more moonlight greatsword than my spells in ds2 dlcs. And in DS3 with convergence mod, I used a lot the leviathan axe. IMO Axes >> Swords.

That said, the gameplay in this game seems boring. Like, apparently 90%+ of the encounters are just a endless stunlock of spells
Right, but to be honest give Yakuza 0 a try as well. You might actually like the melee in it.

thesecret1

Arcane
"In Uganda, we have a school bigger and better than Hogwarts, and we don't use wands to cast spells."
So, uh, what about all that shit in the books about how wands choose you and are mega important and all that?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
This thread would be much more worthwhile to read if it was actually about the game, not political seething about whatever dumb topic. Why don't you make another thread for it? I hoped that at least Codex can have game-focused conversations. Sadly, it turned out otherwise. When I come here I want to talk about games, not see reverse Reset Era.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
This thread would be much more worthwhile to read if it was actually about the game, not political seething about whatever dumb topic. Why don't you make another thread for it? I hoped that at least Codex can have game-focused conversations. Sadly, it turned out otherwise. When I come here I want to talk about games, not see reverse Reset Era.
I agree but the game hasn't even been released yet. Not exactly much to talk about.

xuerebx

Erudite
Happens to other topics as well unfortunately. For people like me who don't give a shit it's annoying as fuck. These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex by the people who keep commenting that they see them everywhere - and not anywhere else in real life :roll:

Viata

Arcane
Japanese companies have no integrity either- they're in for profit every bit as Americans. The diffrrence is they're not as hung up on identity politics and the notion of manopulative marketing.

A Japanese company wont virtue signal at you, but they will gladly force you to buy lootboxes
All good japanese companies died in the 90s. The one that are still alive also died in the 90s.

Sheepherder

Augur
Happens to other topics as well unfortunately. For people like me who don't give a shit it's annoying as fuck. These agendas (anti/pro trans etc) ironically only impact me when reading them on the Codex by the people who keep commenting that they see them everywhere - and not anywhere else in real life :roll:
In the Anglospere part of the internet, it's very fashionable to have a strong opinion on this topic and express it loudly at every opportunity, regardless if the discussion at hand has anything to do with it. Such behavior is much less prevalent outside of anglonet. That means that most of this drivel is produced by the anglo and its offshoots. There's still no scientific evidence that the anglo can be considered human, so please be mindful of your vocabulary and do not use the word "people" when referring to the eternal anglo.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
tell you what, we'll stop talking about thee evils of progressive politics once publishers and devs stop explicitly endorsing progressive politics in their games.

xuerebx

Erudite
It's the way of the world. In a few years everyone will move on to other topics and today's topics will be long forgotten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom