Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
This game looks like a mash up between Dragon Age: Inquisition and some sort of Assassin's creed that's worse than both. A game that is supposedly revolving around magic and all their magic is lasers? I have never seen anything more degenerate in my life. This honestly looks worse than Korean MMOs. I guess bunch of kids who are into harry potter will play it, like all other garbage games that are made for latest popular movie that middle-schoolers are into.

Really shouldn't be in the RPG discussion but I guess if Dark Souls is discussed here so can this be.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Checked the Xbox store price and it's 74.99 euros for the base edition. How the fuck is the game this expensive? I thought that it was too much the price hike from last gen to this one, 69.99, but Hogwarts is even more expensive.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Checked the Xbox store price and it's 74.99 euros for the base edition. How the fuck is the game this expensive? I thought that it was too much the price hike from last gen to this one, 69.99, but Hogwarts is even more expensive.
It's 60€ for a physical copy.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not planing to buy any time soon, but how the game performs in proton/wine?

Other thing. Honestly, Two Worlds 1 and 2 has a better spell casting system than this game which is all about magery... And TW1/2 where average games when launched. The decline is huge.

A game that is supposedly revolving around magic and all their magic is lasers? I have never seen anything more degenerate in my life.
What is a good magic system according to you? I don't remember seeing anything different than lasers/colorful projectiles in a mainstream release.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not planing to buy any time soon, but how the game performs in proton/wine?
Pretty well for me personally.
The performance issues this game does have do not appear to be Proton-specific, but affecting all PC OSs.

The only drops I've seen so far happen when there are a ton of NPCs around - eg that scene when you get sorted by the hat with all the students in the audience probably causes a frame drop for everyone.

Some have written that the game crashes for them every few loading screens, but again not something that happened to me.

I think you'll be fine, especially if you want to wait a bit anyway.

GrainWetski

Arcane
They're about to jump straight to 80 and the simp consoomers are going 'games need to be more expensive because muh inflation'

Harthwain

Magister
Its a sinister movement that encourages and normalizes degeneracy. Its a one of many weapons in the cultural war aimed to destroy the soul of mankind.
Uh, sure. Obviously.

And that is the problem, trannies cry genocide every day whenever someone even looks at them wrong way. To watch them cry for another day people decided to buy a game that openly pushes degeneracy.
You can blame that one on people who are anti-LGBT. Because I am sure majority of people didn't buy the game to make trannies cry.

Man I bought game that imprints into minds of impressionable kids
:hahano:

Try 30-40-year-old people. Hell, even my father likes Harry Potter universe and I wouldn't call him an "impressionable kid" nor supportive of anything that the left-wing extremists are trying to push. The idea that "games are for kids" is long since past. Yet here you are, stuck in that mindset for some reason. I guess this is because of age?

that Europe was always diverse multiracial society, a message used to excuse mass immigration in Western countries.
Ah, yes. Let's go deeper with this. Rowling started writing Harry Potter years in advance because the Shadow Government already planned for the mass immigration to the Western countires to happen. It's all part of the carefully orchestrated plan laid down year by year, decade by decade and century by century. Because everything has to be part of a meticulous plan. It simply can't be that the whole "diverse multiracial society" was promoted in the game not because it was part of political correctness long before any mass immigrations happened. This must also mean the war in Syria was caused with this specific event in mind! The dots are connecting!

And game with openly trans character all portrayed as something completely normal. Boy did I show them trannies, with victories like that no wonder West is in this mess.
Frankly, I wonder how many people would realize that there is an "openly trans character" without it being revealed before the launch of the game (obviously as an attempt to placate the LGBT and take out the sting of the game being transphobic). I mean, the character is SO openly trans that in some localizations is voiced by a woman (and referred to as "she" even in English). There is but a single line "Took them a second to realise I was actually a witch, not a wizard". Besides that, this character seems to be treated as a joke by most people I've seen in reactions.

So, yeah, I think you will "show the trannies" by buying the game they hate. Unless it was part of the plan all along... :philosoraptor:

But in all seriousness, I think the whole LGBT movement is shooting itself in the foot and little by little the pendulum is going to swing back. Because action causes reaction.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And that is the problem, trannies cry genocide every day whenever someone even looks at them wrong way. To watch them cry for another day people decided to buy a game that openly pushes degeneracy.
You can blame that one on people who are anti-LGBT. Because I am sure majority of people didn't buy the game to make trannies cry.
As I said the biggest problem are the "neutrals" who will buy anything. If you put a mandatory 30 minutes unskippable scene of trans wizards discussing their sexuality at the beginning of the game while still promising them a decent game behind it they would buy it without hesitation.

Man I bought game that imprints into minds of impressionable kids
:hahano:

Try 30-40-year-old people. Hell, even my father likes Harry Potter universe and I wouldn't call him an "impressionable kid" nor supportive of anything that the left-wing extremists are trying to push. The idea that "games are for kids" is long since past. Yet here you are, stuck in that mindset for some reason. I guess this is because of age?

Entertainment since forever has been used to project certain political views, games are no different. We are not talking about just games, movies, tv shows, comics, books all have been poisoned by this degeneracy. Certain messages can't be pushed at older generations but can at younger ones.

that Europe was always diverse multiracial society, a message used to excuse mass immigration in Western countries.
Ah, yes. Let's go deeper with this. Rowling started writing Harry Potter years in advance because the Shadow Government already planned for the mass immigration to the Western countires to happen. It's all part of the carefully orchestrated plan laid down year by year, decade by decade and century by century. Because everything has to be part of a meticulous plan. It simply can't be that the whole "diverse multiracial society" was promoted in the game not because it was part of political correctness long before any mass immigrations happened. This must also mean the war in Syria was caused with this specific event in mind! The dots are connecting!

Degeneracy has been pushed slowly at society for a long time from all directions and all aspects of life and entertainment. In a vacuum any one thing seems harmless but it is a death of thousand cuts. The cracks on the fabric of society have been obvious for years and they are only getting bigger. People who say they can't see it are those who support it and those who choose to be blind hoping it will a blow over and they will be left untouched.

And game with openly trans character all portrayed as something completely normal. Boy did I show them trannies, with victories like that no wonder West is in this mess.
Frankly, I wonder how many people would realize that there is an "openly trans character" without it being revealed before the launch of the game (obviously as an attempt to placate the LGBT and take out the sting of the game being transphobic). I mean, the character is SO openly trans that in some localizations is voiced by a woman (and referred to as "she" even in English). There is but a single line "Took them a second to realise I was actually a witch, not a wizard". Besides that, this character seems to be treated as a joke by most people I've seen in reactions.

Tolerating and supporting degeneracy under pretense of a joke is nothing but copium.

So, yeah, I think you will "show the trannies" by buying the game they hate. Unless it was part of the plan all along... :philosoraptor:

But in all seriousness, I think the whole LGBT movement is shooting itself in the foot and little by little the pendulum is going to swing back. Because action causes reaction.

People have been saying pretty much every day for years that LGBT movement is shooting themselves in the foot and that tides are being turned. Yet in reality it's only getting worse, we are at the point where degenerate half nude men in drag preform erotic dances Infront underage children and large chunk of society either supports that or ignore it. If the LGBT movement can survive that I think it will survive bunch of trannies crying genocide over a game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
As I said the biggest problem are the "neutrals" who will buy anything. If you put a mandatory 30 minutes unskippable scene of trans wizards discussing their sexuality at the beginning of the game while still promising them a decent game behind it they would buy it without hesitation.

I wish every game started with that just so your yammering made sense. There's no game with anything at all like that, much less this one. What are you on about? Besides, if there was a decent game in it, that would be an improvement in most cases.

Anyway, how did you figure out computers and the internet after time travelling from 1642?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Never go full retard, HP feature a single black kid as a named character (and quite late in the series), and you only see him in the movie because the actor of one of drago malefoy pal was booted for drugs traffic (and unlawful possession of a knife).
Diverse multiracial society is always a retcon of the original story, because it's "current time "forever now and also in the past. Rowling was more than happy to oblige with it until she's been told that criminalizing rape is transphobia.

The first step and most important step of any kind of pushback is always to expose the lie. European society never was about diversity and sexual tolerance until the last decade, what you're seeing now in all form of media attempt at retconning history and culture to fit the most recent ideology. It's a processes that happen all time time, which doesn't mean you should partake in it.

Anyway, the whole nonsense with troon is about them trying to normalize it, by shifting the Overton windows :
"Yeah, of course calling people by xylophone/xerlophone pronoun is a bit silly, so why not just use "them" as a pronon ? We all are reasonable people here, there is no need to make a fuss, and it might be just as simple".
Except those people are raving lunatic, so it's not extremely clear whether the attempt will be successful or not. If you ever thought that the whole thing was about tanking sales an not clout chasing, I've got a bridge to sell to you.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Neutraltards, who are nothing but Left's orbiters, and move alongside Left more to the left, every year, deserve poisoned bullet. If I had gun with single bullet, and could use it on tranny or neutraltard, I'd beat neutraltard with grip to the death and shoot tranny. Good thing is that Left thinks the same about Neutraltards. Noone likes spineless, with no principles midwit bitches. Perfecto Patronum!

Harthwain

Magister
:nocountryforshitposters:

This take is floating somewhere between fabulously optimistic and retarded. Contrary to what you think people do value their time, because they do realize how little they have it. In case you don't know: people are upset when there are unskippable intros or corporation logos, because it's not fun wasting time skipping all that (or waiting for it to pass on its own). And you're here saying people would tolerate some ridiculous bullshit for 30 minutes straight? Bro, you're drunk.

Entertainment since forever has been used to project certain political views, games are no different.
It is also possible for entertainment to be exactly that: entertainment. Sure, some try to put their political views or agends into entertainment, but most of it is so ham-fisted it's blatantly obvious at a glance.

Certain messages can't be pushed at older generations but can at younger ones.
And you're thinking they are targeting "younger generations" in particular?
gay.png
It's way past that point for the franchise to be this selective. Especially when you're after everybody's money.

Degeneracy has been pushed slowly at society for a long time from all directions and all aspects of life and entertainment.
I blame the Greeks! Fucking degenerates!

Tolerating and supporting degeneracy under pretense of a joke is nothing but copium.
"Anyone who isn't with us is against us" is exactly the reason why radicals tend to get isolated in their views and end up like these mad preachers in the streets where nobody pays them any heed. But you do you. I am sure it will work out eventually! :greatjob:

People have been saying pretty much every day for years that LGBT movement is shooting themselves in the foot and that tides are being turned. Yet in reality it's only getting worse, we are at the point where degenerate half nude men in drag preform erotic dances Infront underage children and large chunk of society either supports that or ignore it.
rating_citation.png

Never go full retard
Tell that to people who actually buy these conspiracy theories.

It's a processes that happen all time time, which doesn't mean you should partake in it.
And, pray tell me, how am I partaking in it? Or how are YOU not partaking in it?

If you ever thought that the whole thing was about tanking sales an not clout chasing, I've got a bridge to sell to you.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Because it's obviously a clever plan to gain power, not an attempt at projecting power that backfired. You do keep that bridge. I think you're going to need it more than I will. I mean, a man gotta sleep somewhere.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
No, no, he has a point. Degenerate streamers and the like are taking money away from good, honest god-fearing sex workers.

Gentlemen, do the world a favor. Spend your cash on respectable prostitutes, not e-thots.

Indeed, at least they provide some sort of real service.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Neutrals, people who dont care about anything as long as they get their fix of entertainment are the problem. They watch athletes, actors and others bend the knee, openly mocking values of your country, supporting degeneracy and all the while neutrals will still tune in to play their games and watch their movies.

Then one day games get full with shit like pronouns and trannies, the overall quality takes a nose dive due diversity hires, everything becomes predictable as everything is made with a massive memo of what can and cant be portrayed as certain people dont get offended. Games become unplayable, movies unwatchable and neutrals will wonder when exactly did all go wrong.

Industry is broken probably beyond repair because neutrals didnt want to listen. When warned they shrugged it off and said "I just care about playing games, I dont care about all that drama".

At this point there are no longer any neutrals, the degeneracy is shoved in the faces of everyone and nobody has any excuses for not seeing things as they are. Those who see the evil of this world and pretend they are still neutrals, they are just that pretending, they choose to side with evil.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Anyone who pretends that everything that happens around us is normal, has just got accustomed to insanity. In other words: went insane already

Western gaming industry is DEAD. No magic spell can revive it

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I actually like the innkeeper being a tranny. I feel like it's done the way it should be. As a rare, strange appearance in what is already a literal definition of a world full of strangeness and oddities. The way she comes on the scene out of the blue in a tense situation reminded me of Twin Peaks from 90'. Hah, back then we didn't even know there were homo sexuals and trannies, it was sooo strange :D

Anyway, she's one of the good guys, she defends the player in a dangerous situation, and she's the only one of her kind in the majority of straight men and women. This is what you'd see in the world out there without social media included. I respect that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom