Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Sarathiour

Cipher
Tell that to people who actually buy these conspiracy theories.
You keep using that word when the people behind it don't even bother hiding their activism anymore.
Just because you think yourself a being of reason and moderation does not mean the same goes for whoever is in charge of any particular entertainment media.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Neutraltards, who are nothing but Left's orbiters, and move alongside Left more to the left, every year, deserve poisoned bullet. If I had gun with single bullet, and could use it on tranny or neutraltard, I'd beat neutraltard with grip to the death and shoot tranny. Good thing is that Left thinks the same about Neutraltards. Noone likes spineless, with no principles midwit bitches. Perfecto Patronum!
The real 'neutrals'(normies) aren't actually on forums like this. The morons posing as 'centrists'/"neutraltards" are always the most far leftist retards. It's quite funny how bad they are at their own strategy. You just need to slightly imply they aren't actually 'above-it-all centrist normies' and they'll write books about how it's all just natural "progress" and how much their fellow normies love pedos and trannies.

Harthwain

Magister
You keep using that word
You gotta call a spade a spade:

Its a sinister movement that encourages and normalizes degeneracy.
Its a one of many weapons in the cultural war aimed to destroy the soul of mankind.
game [was] a message used to excuse mass immigration in Western countries.
Some of this is simply cringe. But some goes into retarded conspiracy theory territory. Hence me using "that word". Some people are trying way too hard to find links between different events, instead of looking for simpler explanations (I even provided one). Then again, I prefer Occam's and Hanlon's razors when looking at things.

when the people behind it don't even bother hiding their activism anymore.
Was it ever hidden to begin with?

Just because you think yourself a being of reason and moderation does not mean the same goes for whoever is in charge of any particular entertainment media.
That's true. Not sure what's your point here though.

The real 'neutrals'(normies) aren't actually on forums like this.
I never said I am a "normie". I said I am a centrist. And an avid gamer (can't really call myself hardcore, although in comparison to casual players I probably am). Hence why I went for to the RPG forum where it is easier to keep an eye on anything related to RPGs, despite not being an actual reject from other sites and the site itself being full of scum and villany.

The morons posing as 'centrists'/"neutraltards" are always the most far leftist retards. It's quite funny how bad they are at their own strategy. You just need to slightly imply they aren't actually 'above-it-all centrist normies' and they'll write books about how it's all just natural "progress" and how much their fellow normies love pedos and trannies.
rating_retarded.png

Peachcurl

Arcane
A game that is supposedly revolving around magic and all their magic is lasers? I have never seen anything more degenerate in my life.
What is a good magic system according to you? I don't remember seeing anything different than lasers/colorful projectiles in a mainstream release.
Summoning / Necromancy? Magical ice/poison/death clouds? Mind control? Utility spells (Levitation et al.)?

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Zlaja

Didn't find any CPU benchmarks yet but it seems AMD GPUs fare better for this game for now. A performance review article says the same: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/hogwarts-legacy-pc-performance-analysis/ The game does use Denuvo though and I'm guessing it has a hand in the poor performance reported so far. They'll probably remove the Denuvo once its been cracked so it'll be interesting to see how much the performance improves afterwards.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As I said the biggest problem are the "neutrals" who will buy anything. If you put a mandatory 30 minutes unskippable scene of trans wizards discussing their sexuality at the beginning of the game while still promising them a decent game behind it they would buy it without hesitation.
:nocountryforshitposters:

This take is floating somewhere between fabulously optimistic and retarded. Contrary to what you think people do value their time, because they do realize how little they have it. In case you don't know: people are upset when there are unskippable intros or corporation logos, because it's not fun wasting time skipping all that (or waiting for it to pass on its own). And you're here saying people would tolerate some ridiculous bullshit for 30 minutes straight? Bro, you're drunk.

If every new game had unskipable 30 minutes educational video about LGBT rights you think your average Call of Duty fan would stop playing games? They would just say "Just ignore it bro, nobody is forcing you to watch it, watch something on your mobile and wait bro."

Entertainment since forever has been used to project certain political views, games are no different.
It is also possible for entertainment to be exactly that: entertainment. Sure, some try to put their political views or agends into entertainment, but most of it is so ham-fisted it's blatantly obvious at a glance.
Yes, but that kind of entertainment is shrinking in numbers.

Certain messages can't be pushed at older generations but can at younger ones.
And you're thinking they are targeting "younger generations" in particular?
gay.png
It's way past that point for the franchise to be this selective. Especially when you're after everybody's money.

They are targeting everyone, it's just that certain messages are more effective on younger audience that don't know any better.

Degeneracy has been pushed slowly at society for a long time from all directions and all aspects of life and entertainment.
I blame the Greeks! Fucking degenerates!

Tolerating and supporting degeneracy under pretense of a joke is nothing but copium.
"Anyone who isn't with us is against us" is exactly the reason why radicals tend to get isolated in their views and end up like these mad preachers in the streets where nobody pays them any heed. But you do you. I am sure it will work out eventually! :greatjob:

Decades of tolerance, appeasement and compromises brought us to the point that degenerate half naked men are doing erotic dances in public in front of small children. I'm sorry but if me refusing to tolerate that makes me mad then I don't want to be "sane" by standards of this world.

People have been saying pretty much every day for years that LGBT movement is shooting themselves in the foot and that tides are being turned. Yet in reality it's only getting worse, we are at the point where degenerate half nude men in drag preform erotic dances Infront underage children and large chunk of society either supports that or ignore it.
rating_citation.png
Google "drag queen dance children".

Or visit "Horrors of Western Civilization" thread.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
The real 'neutrals'(normies) aren't actually on forums like this. The morons posing as 'centrists'/"neutraltards" are always the most far leftist retards. It's quite funny how bad they are at their own strategy. You just need to slightly imply they aren't actually 'above-it-all centrist normies' and they'll write books about how it's all just natural "progress" and how much their fellow normies love pedos and trannies.

Actually, mental wanking on being bitter and expressing hate is a far more dangerous kind of degeneration here. You'd better snap out of it by following something worthy of attention in general.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My wife is enjoying the game a lot. Seems to be ticking a lot of the boxes that a fan wants. Lots of little puzzling, secrets and snippets of lore to find and explore. Combat seems to be better than what you typically get from westshit companies as well both mechanically and in terms of challenge. For an AAA game you could do a lot worse.

Harthwain

Magister
If every new game had unskipable 30 minutes educational video about LGBT rights you think your average Call of Duty fan would stop playing games? They would just say "Just ignore it bro, nobody is forcing you to watch it, watch something on your mobile and wait bro."
coolstorybro.jpg

I don't know your average Call of Duty fan (and I bet you don't either), but I do know your average gamer. They hate waiting 2-3 minutes for the game to start. If you want to make an argument, at least make it believable.

Oh, I don't know. There is so much shit produced nowadays (or easier to find) that it's hard to keep up. This may be less true for RPGs though. These are harder to come by, sadly. At least decent ones.

Decades of tolerance, appeasement and compromises brought us to the point that degenerate half naked men are doing erotic dances in public in front of small children. I'm sorry but if me refusing to tolerate that makes me mad then I don't want to be "sane" by standards of this world.
You make a weird argument. Where I am from an overwhelming majority wouldn't just "refuse to tolerate" something like this. They would take immediate action against it. Because this is outrageous.

With that said, you're making quite the leap of logic here. Are half naked women doing erotic dances in public in front of small children acceptable? I don't think so. You probably don't, also. And neither the majority of people. These kinds of shows are for adults for a reason. See how this relates to some dumb fucks, who are likely pedophiles in disguise at this point (I mean, who else would "invite" kids to a show like that), doing erotic dances in public in front of small children while half naked? This is the proper equivalency.

Now, how inserting a tranny in Harry Potter is going to make kids go watch half naked men doing erotic dances in public? How exactly are you going from there to here? Did you ever have the urge to visit a gay bar because of gays in Bioware games? I didn't. I just ignored that shit. Did you even see how the said tranny was presented in the game (I mentioned it earlier)? What you're doing here is a slippery slope fallacy: trying to point out something extreme and saying it will become the norm. It's the same thing with pedophilia and zoophilia. So, sorry, but I really don't see it happening.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
coolstorybro.jpg

I don't know your average Call of Duty fan (and I bet you don't either), but I do know your average gamer. They hate waiting 2-3 minutes for the game to start. If you want to make an argument, at least make it believable.

Many things that people consider normal or tolerate would get lots of opposing years ago. Sure if you drop mandatory 30 minutes video right now many would be upset about it, but the decline works in such a way that you slowly get used to a the feature creep.

Oh, I don't know. There is so much shit produced nowadays (or easier to find) that it's hard to keep up. This may be less true for RPGs though. These are harder to come by, sadly. At least decent ones.

Gaming is still more healthier entertainment industry then movies or tv, that is due lots of indies but outside them its pretty much tainted.

You make a weird argument. Where I am from an overwhelming majority wouldn't just "refuse to tolerate" something like this. They would take immediate action against it. Because this is outrageous.

With that said, you're making quite the leap of logic here. Are half naked women doing erotic dances in public in front of small children acceptable? I don't think so. You probably don't, also. And neither the majority of people. These kinds of shows are for adults for a reason. See how this relates to some dumb fucks, who are likely pedophiles in disguise at this point (I mean, who else would "invite" kids to a show like that), doing erotic dances in public in front of small children while half naked? This is the proper equivalency.

Now, how inserting a tranny in Harry Potter is going to make kids go watch half naked men doing erotic dances in public? How exactly are you going from there to here? Did you ever have the urge to visit a gay bar because of gays in Bioware games? I didn't. I just ignored that shit. Did you even see how the said tranny was presented in the game (I mentioned it earlier)? What you're doing here is a slippery slope fallacy: trying to point out something extreme and saying it will become the norm. It's the same thing with pedophilia and zoophilia. So, sorry, but I really don't see it happening.

Where I live too nobody would tolerate that, but we are not talking about a small town in Croatia. Just because I am directly safe from this (for now) that doesnt make it right for me to ignore it happening elsewhere. Drag queen dancing would not have been tolerated in any part of Western world just a decade or two ago. As said the problem is the slow decline, your and mine town and country might be safe for now, but the rot is spreading. When it arrives it wont be immediately degenerates dancing for kids, but simple call for gay rights, gay parades, then gay marriage, call for multiple genders etc. This shit has recently started to popping out in our capitol of Zagreb which is where all the leftists are concentrated.

Entertainment, be it tv shows, movies, comics, games spread degeneracy. As said it starts slowly with at first more subtle and later more pronounced messaging. Diversity is good, multiculturalism is good, homosexuality is normal, transsexuality is normal etc. Its all about slowly shaping and normalizing public opinion on degeneracy.

Let me repeat myself yet again, sure a single game or a single movie, or a single tv show or a single book or a comic will not do anything in a vacuum. But when you are exposed with all this media your entire life you will poison minds of people and rot away the foundation of society, a death of thousand cuts.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover magical beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents and become the wizard you want to be. Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it. Live the Unwritten.
These blurbs omfg these blurbs. Live the unwritten? Nigga plz. Was curious but luckily I'm petty enough to have this be a deal breaker, ez 60 bux :smug:

Do you know there's a cool moustache mod already?
43-1676025737-774831326.png

Hand over your badge and your wand.

What you're doing here is a slippery slope fallacy: trying to point out something extreme and saying it will become the norm.
This has happened multiple times in the previous decade. I don't know what to tell you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Never go full retard, HP feature a single black kid as a named character (and quite late in the series), and you only see him in the movie because the actor of one of drago malefoy pal was booted for drugs traffic (and unlawful possession of a knife).
Diverse multiracial society is always a retcon of the original story, because it's "current time "forever now and also in the past. Rowling was more than happy to oblige with it until she's been told that criminalizing rape is transphobia.

The first step and most important step of any kind of pushback is always to expose the lie. European society never was about diversity and sexual tolerance until the last decade, what you're seeing now in all form of media attempt at retconning history and culture to fit the most recent ideology. It's a processes that happen all time time, which doesn't mean you should partake in it.
British_Empire_1890.jpg

Current year? Absolutely. But it's rooted in history. Everyone at the school is a Briton. Don't like it, take it up with the British Empire for conquering those specific peoples, thus absorbing them into their empire.

Conan

Arcane
Roguey
Expressly not considered British, just British subjects.

The British term specifically referred to the white ruling class. A title the Uncle Toms aspired to.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Everyone at the school is a Briton. Don't like it, take it up with the British Empire for conquering those specific peoples, thus absorbing them into their empire.

Yes, 19th century British elite boarding schools were notoriously chock-full of British colonial servants.

Have you seen the photo of Eton's graduating class of 1876? Literally all non-binary pansexual Africans and Indians, it made me shed a tear of joy.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Claiming that black people were wholly accepted historically among European territories and afforded the same opportunities, including going to same schools as British children is white washing European history of racism by the way. Seems the liberals are unaware of this fact since they apparently claim that there was no racism and it was all kumbaya.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Expressly not considered British, just British subjects.

Well said. Even people in Falklnads which are Anglo by ethnicity only become British citizens some decades ago.

European territories and afforded the same opportunities, including going to same schools as British children is white washing European history of racism by the way

Yep. Even pure Europeans born outside of Europe where labeled ""criollos"" and suffered a bit of discrimination in mainland Europe.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Seems the liberals are unaware of this fact since they apparently claim that there was no racism and it was all kumbaya.

I think it's more of a brain glitch with modern Americans than libruls in general. They just can't seem to comprehend the fact that human societies were not always the Benetton ads they currently live in.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What is this tranny nonsense? Are you telling ne there are cockgoblins in this HP game or trannies are pissed there are none because JK hates that shit.

I never read a HP book or played a HP game. The only Harry Potter I ever saw was in the movie Troll.

I watch a few vids of this game I guess. I ain't tossing the $$$ at it just because it is some popular franchise.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom