Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hollow Knight: Silksong

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
I say the game is daed. Or will turn out utter shit. There's no way it could possibly take them that long and turn out as a worthy successor to Hollow Knight after that.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I say the game is daed. Or will turn out utter shit. There's no way it could possibly take them that long and turn out as a worthy successor to Hollow Knight after that.
They're Western Millennials with Western Millennial work ethics with no evil cptailist exec standing next to them with a whip. They come to work at 10 AM, drink coffee till 12, then sit on bouncy balls and chat about what they'd like to accomplish for 10 minutes, then they discuss white privilege, colonialism and The New Thing (Ukraine before, Israel now), then some light brunch, then a mental safety&wellness nap and then go home to play anime videogames and watch hentai for the rest of the day.

lightbane

Arcane
You're describing the Undertale guy. The HK devs somehow kept their word (mostly) and released a fine game (except for the White Palace section, but that's another topic).

SpellingSword

Literate
Don't forget the Unity fiasco. Who knows what they decided to do about it? Maybe now we have to wait until they port it to Godot or something.
Also:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It serves them all right (by "all" I mean like 90% of indie developers) for relying so heavily on Unity instead of building their own engines. They love the savings of utilizing a development kit that does all the technical heavy lifting for them, at a heavy cost to the quality and performance of their end product; they don't ever fully understand the nuts and bolts of their own game, either, so if their game becomes a smash hit and they suddenly want to do all kinds of fancy stuff with it, they quickly discover that they can't due to the limitations of a kludged-together jalopy of a game engine.

Not my problem anymore. I haven't played a single computer game in a year, and this is one of the many reasons why. In addition to using shit SDKs like Unity, these fucking soy hipsters take seven years to produce a game that a Japanese development team from the 1990s would have finished in six months, with a completely from-scratch custom engine.

El Presidente

Arcane
Playing the first game now. It's a masterpiece, and I really don't drop this word often. Now I'm also aboard the "ohfuckohfuck where's the sequel :negative:" train too.

Just saying that the hatred towards consoles is completely irrational.
It goes so far that some people refuse to use any input devices other than mouse and keyboard, even for racing games or flight sims to name the most obvious examples, when one of the greatest advantages of the PC is the abundance of different input devices available.
Agreed 100%, whoever still didn't understand that half of the reason and the fun of being a PC gamer is having access to hundreds and hundreds of top quality console games via emulation is a total retard. Reminder that most "internet PC elitists" are modern goyslop lovers that praise PC's performance numbers over the console competition ("look! I can play Battlefield #91234817, Horizon and Last of Us on 5000fps 8k haha get rekt console peasants looool!"). A true PC gigachad plays Thief, Super Metroid, Quest for Glory, Metal Slug, SMAC and the DKC trilogy over the same week and doesn't even care which one belongs to which system.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I used to make fun of people waiting for Silksong but now really its just sad, 7 years since original premiere, 6 years since last DLC and game is still not in sight. And this was originally supposed to be just another HK expansion lol.

Itoh

Literate
Let them take however much time they need. I'd rather play a good game in 2028 than a mediocre game tomorrow. I have no idea what's going on at Team Cherry, but if the effort put into Hollow Knight is any indication, they are probably not sitting around with their dicks in their hands but working diligently on a project that was far more ambitious than they initially realized.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I used to make fun of people waiting for Silksong but now really its just sad, 7 years since original premiere, 6 years since last DLC and game is still not in sight. And this was originally supposed to be just another HK expansion lol.
Could be a case of feature creep.

Inb4 Silksong is now a metroidvania roguelike RTS with survival crafting elements and card battling mechanics.

It wins all the game awards.

It's also an RPG.

Inb4 Silksong is now a metroidvania roguelike RTS with survival crafting elements and card battling mechanics.

It's also an RPG.
perfect for the adhd generation

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm playing Blasphemous and reading Elea in the meantime. Blasphemous is clunky and kinda meh but it grew on me. Be sure to grab Elea, though

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

It's also an RPG.
Fuck, you just reminded me of that Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden sequel that never happened. I'm sad now.

Melcar

Arcane

It's also an RPG.

And dating sim. Must not forget the romances, they are all the rage now.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

It's also an RPG.

And dating sim. Must not forget the romances, they are all the rage now.

Needs kart racer mode or no buy!

Anonona

Learned
Hollow Knight Silksong listed on Xbox store

hollow-knight-silk-song-4-2-2024.jpg

Link to Silksong in Xbox store

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom