Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played this back a looong time ago, back when level ten was the limit and there was shit all to do. Now that it's free I can't remember how to play. If anyone wants to play on Ghallanda I can give you some armor and crap :P

Multi-headed Cow

I think supposedly they gave you Turbine Points at a rate of 500 for every month you previously played, so you might have enough you can buy yourself a good stack of adventure packs and shit and play for free now.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
We just had a pretty long marathon session (Pliskin, Gragt, and myself) and boy, was that a blast.

We hit Stormreach finally and I was met with a mission that was of EXTREEEEEEME challenge. We didn't attempt because we figured we weren't EXTREEEEEME enough just yet. Soon.

Good times. We can get a guild together if people are actually interested long term. Even coordinate how we spend our free points and do some cool content.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I only have like 150 Turbine Points. I ran around looking for a free quest to do and could only find one, that was level 6, and leveled me to 11.

Nedrah

Erudite
So, how's that guild coming along? Me and a friend are about to give this one a try, I'd be interested in getting something together if the game is good (and actually worth playing in the free version).

Shannow

Waster of Time
Ok, so I cracked and am downloading the game. You have 2 hours to give some suggestions as to what kind of char is still needed.

serch

Magister
Yesterday, I made a fighter named serchs for easy recognition. I've never played any MMO but if I can fight alongside you guys, let me know. I'm on Cannith or something like that. Volourn should be the guild leader, he knows his d&d. For the Princess!

Shannow

Waster of Time
Since no requests were made, a warforged fighter/barbarian it is. I have a friend who'll also join and probably play a dwarf fighter(cleric).

EDIT: ah, warforged have to be bought, too... I'll have to think on this one...

Mystary!

Arcane
I've got a sorceror on Cannith now. Perhaps someone could make a list of what everyones playing?

MetalCraze

Arcane
We should all move to Cannith as the majority is there.

Very well, I've rolled a shitty sorc Kraze van Kodexstan.

Elhoim said:
I can't register. I get this message everytime:

Your submission contained an error. Please try again. Code: #FTxTFMPO5NL

Request a reg. key through the support form. I had the same problem.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Best moment yesterday was when we beat that stupid arcane skeleton in the aqueducts. It raped our party a few time, mostly because we didn't get to it together and we weren't buffed properly, but once we went in all together and properly buffed, including acid resistance, he died in three seconds. Take that, you prick!

Little advice to those who just start: careful on the loot that you vendor as some of that stuff can be useful. Even if you do not use scrolls, someone in the party can use them, and that potion of energy resistance may not be useful now but can prove very useful later. Also when you open a chest, do not loot ever item right away as some bind on pickup and might be better for another party member; you can change the ownership of the item by clicking on the small arrow next to its name in the loot menu.

Oh, and last but not least, especially for melee types: do not move when you fight, because you get a -4 penalty to attack rolls when you do.

Edit: be very careful when you roll your character. It is quite trivial to reset your enhancement points, though you can only do it every 3 days, but stats are impossible as far as I know and feats take an hefty sum of money (in-game and probably real too as you need a very item for that).Not that you can get items that give a bonus to a stat later, so if it isn't a core stat of your class, you can easily go with a low score then boost it later.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Also, Gragt loves my grease spell and I quote, "FUKIN NOOB" "fail bard" "thanks"

Good times.

So MetalCraze want to team up for the starter dungeons?

I just spent almost 2000 on a set of full plate when in the next dungeon I just found a Masterworks Half Plate and as the reward for the dungeon too :roll:

Pliskin

Arbiter
Gragt said:
Best moment yesterday was when we beat that stupid arcane skeleton in the aqueducts. It raped our party a few time, mostly because we didn't get to it together and we weren't buffed properly, but once we went in all together and properly buffed, including acid resistance, he died in three seconds. Take that, you prick!

Little advice to those who just start: careful on the loot that you vendor as some of that stuff can be useful. Even if you do not use scrolls, someone in the party can use them, and that potion of energy resistance may not be useful now but can prove very useful later. Also when you open a chest, do not loot ever item right away as some bind on pickup and might be better for another party member; you can change the ownership of the item by clicking on the small arrow next to its name in the loot menu.

Yes, I had a couple of potions of acid resistence I had sold off right before we went in there --- d'oh! And I'm a Rogue --- I'm supposed to be grabby.

Speaking of which, I'd like to point out that if everybody in the party is going to cannonball through the dungeon, don't complain when you get hit with a trap or miss a secret door --- those stealth-related skills take time to use, and the Rogue class seems to have a base speed somewhat less than the fighter-based classes. End result being Rogues pulling up the rear when they should be in front.

Edit: be very careful when you roll your character. It is quite trivial to reset your enhancement points, though you can only do it every 3 days, but stats are impossible as far as I know and feats take an hefty sum of money (in-game and probably real too as you need a very item for that).Not that you can get items that give a bonus to a stat later, so if it isn't a core stat of your class, you can easily go with a low score then boost it later.

It also costs 900 gold (along with the 3-day wait) to reset yr Enhancements. As I found out to my detriment, when I realized that the Rogue Action Boost is duplicated under Human Versitility, and decided to dump it for something else.

Sovard said:
Also, Gragt loves my grease spell and I quote, "FUKIN NOOB" "fail bard" "thanks"

Oh, I thought he was talking to me --- since I'd been playing the game for a whole 5 minutes before I hooked up with you guys.

Though, after Gragt (our tank) left, I thought the two of us still did OK --- especially taking out that troll unassisted.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Any info on how to earn turbine points ingame? I'd really rather play a warforged ;)
I got 50 turbine points but that seemed to be quite arbitrary and more of an advertisment for the store than anything else.

At the moment I'm a human rogue/barbarian on cannith. The nick is Salem Jerro.

Multi-headed Cow

Doing quests and getting favor (Basically reputation) translates somehow into turbine points. Pretty slow going, though.

Mystary!

Arcane
For every two favor points you get one Turbine point, but you can also get some as chest loot, so it can be farmed if you've got enough patience.

I've got a level 2 cleric on Cannith now, called Fyezall.
Silliest death so far: I had swam through a tunnel without any trouble, but I drowned on the way back becasue I had equipped my looted, heavier armor. It had decreased my swim skill ie the time I could spend under water.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Well I'll be damned - this game actually looks pretty good.

I have a strange fascination with MMO's which compells me to play most free trials (or free games) at least for the first few hours/levels (depending on how good/shit it is). The first 30 levels of AoC for example is actually pretty damn fun (gets progressively shittier after that though). Though, no MMO has ever held my interest long enough to reach the level cap. In 10 years, and countless dozens of MMO's I have never ever even come close to reaching the end game :shock:

Never got around to DDO until now, after reading this thread. I remember reading a few poor/mediocre reviews for it when it first came out and promply forgot about it. But damn, I'm having fun atm - surprisingly good graphics and animations, not to mention the voice acting (especially the DM - kinda cheesy, but really makes it feel like a D&D game, great atmosphere). Not too sure about the combat though, but I'm only lvl 1 so who knows....

Oh, I rolled a Dwarf Cleric named Heigle Kruger on Cannith (though just testing so may re-roll a few times as I tend to do). See you guys there soon I hope

:D

BSOD

Novice
What the christ, a MMO being praised by 99% of Codexers in this thread that even MetalCraze is playing? Shit, I need to check this out.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I think between all of us grouping together we've put about 80 hours in two days... r00flez!

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Sovard said:
I think between all of us grouping together we've put about 80 hours in two days... r00flez!

If we all get together at the same time (maybe even Guild up - the Codexians?), the poor bastards already on this server will never know what hit'em :twisted:

In fact, if we stay true to form, they may all leave and re-roll on other servers leaving Cannith as the unofficial Codex Server :lol:

Percy

Cipher
I am thinking about giving this a go too, but I can't believe there is no spears? That's lame.

I don't really want to run around with a great sword or a great axe. Any other cool weapons?

Humanophage

Arcane
Humokt Humokklo on Cannith.

I've just rolled a halfling fighter with weapon finesse. Relatively low strength, high dexterity, some charisma for intimidation. The basic idea is to avoid being the usual boring fighter while having an extremely high AC and putting out decent amounts of damage. Will the lack of a large damage bonus make such a character redundant on the upper levels?

Update: looks like this one has no future. Still contemplating which class to choose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom