Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

Shannow said:
Anybody past level 4 yet?
Sovard and Gragt, one more rank and I'll be level 5.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Humanophage said:
I've had a few dungeon runs with unfamiliar people, and the whole experience wasn't that different from instances in World of Warcraft, Everquest, Guild Wars, etc. No one had enough time to listen to what the NPCs or the DM have to say, no one bothered with commenting on the surroundings or examining them, it was just about killing everything as fast as possible. Perhaps that depends heavily on the party.

While the mechanics supposedly don't reward mindless slaughter, there were several quests involving killing a certain number of particular monsters. It's impossible to sneak by some monsters and take the chest, because the chest will be artificially locked. I got the overall impression that avoiding combat isn't really encouraged at all. On the overall, while it's still an improvement over standard Everquest-clone combat, it isn't that great of a leap.

Love the emphasis on non-standard potions though.

The game is just a coop slasher with a dnd flavour yes. But at least it is much more fun than NWN2 OC or SoZ

Sovard also said he will make a guild (maybe even today) if people are serious about spending some time on this game.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
There are missions that are "fail if x number of creatures dies before x is accomplished", but that doesn't happen too often.

The damn game isn't taking my card still. I guess I have to call an account rep today. Which they operate only 4 1/2 hours a day and today is the last working day of the week. Woohoo.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
The game is just a coop slasher with a dnd flavour yes. But at least it is much more fun than NWN2 OC or SoZ

Sovard also said he will make a guild (maybe even today) if people are serious about spending some time on this game.
Don't even think about wriggling away. We have witnesses who tell you like this game.

BSOD

Novice
Allrighty, I have a shitty lvl 2 fighter who's pretty much done everything that can be done on korthos island on my own. Anyone at or around that level?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Alright I'll comb this thread and make a character list

Cannith
Mangoose - Mangoose Mangina - Wizard
overtenemy - MaidenSavius - Paladin
sah - sah - Rogue
Gragt - Gragt Blakemore - Paladin
MaskedMan - Dragonbadass McDragonslayer - Paladin
//Multi-headed Cow - Ohgod Itsheavan - Rogue
Exceptional White Man - Pad Thai - Paladin
Sovard - Sovard - Bard
Pliskin - DonCalMSnake - Rogue
Satori - Devadatta - Paladin
serch - serchs - Fighter
fyezall - Fyezall - Cleric
Skyway - Kraze van Kodexstan - Sorceror
Shannow - Salem Jerro - Rogue/Barbarian
AlaCarcuss - Heigle Kruger - Cleric
Humanophage - Humokt Humokklo - Rogue
BSOD - Vercngetorix - Fighter

Araraoraoglongestservernamestartswithana
Multi-headed Cow - Wadlor - Cleric
phanboy_iv - Stolos Malaguena -

Thelanis
raw - riclic

Sarlona
CrusaderTemplar - - Cleric, Ranger, Wizard

Gogogo create guild. I'll be in-game today.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Fyezall is our cleric now.

And I am still taking name ideas for the guild!

Multi-headed Cow

Probably should knock me off that list. I've been too busy and lazy to play my Kannith Kodex Kharacter. When I do get gaming time the idea of soloing a rogue fills me with dread so I avoid it.

Keep posting about the wild Codex adventures though, getting a kick out of hearing about it. Also amazed Skyway's enjoying it too.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I will be VIP in a few hours and I will make the guild at that time. Everyone chime up on what you would like the name to be.

We shall wear this tag proudly as we spam-die to traps and kobold swarms.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Surprisingly no Rangers. From what I hear, the Tempest path is one of the highest damage dealing builds in the game.

Maybe I'll roll one when I unlock the Drow race :twisted:

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Alright bastards, I rolled a Dwarf Cleric, Rigor Goldhammer by name.

Edit- On Carnith or however it is spelled.

bert

Arcane
Okay, I rolled a Human Barbarian on Cannith, character name is grenadierman

Percy

Cipher
I made a Ranger and mutliclassed him with Rogue when I gained second level. What can I say, I like sneak attacks.

There's heaps of annoying fuckers spamming the general chat with stupid questions. Not an elitist, but why can't the actually read up on DnD? If one more person asks what a n armour check penalty is...

Game is actually pretty fun.

Quit bitching cunt you're on newb island, what kind of fucking questions do you expect to be fucking asked?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom