Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How Will WOTC New Approach to Races Effect the Future CRPG?

Norfleet

As for "racial stereotype", IMO dwarf needs to be greedy stubborn manlets, otherwise, killing then would't be that fun.
You'll never hear a dwarf crying about being characterized as greedy and stubborn, though. That's because they ARE greedy and stubborn.

Source: Am Dwarf. Drunk, Dig holes, live underground, am greedy and stubborn.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As for "racial stereotype", IMO dwarf needs to be greedy stubborn manlets, otherwise, killing then would't be that fun.
You'll never hear a dwarf crying about being characterized as greedy and stubborn, though. That's because they ARE greedy and stubborn.

Source: Am Dwarf. Drunk, Dig holes, live underground, am greedy and stubborn.
l0fxmu.png

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
TSR's later design philosophy is best summed up in their infamous Code of Ethics from a few years later, which reads like a SJW wishlist from a different era. (Spoilered for length, emphasis mine)
TSR adopted its first code as "standards for written material" in July 1982, at a time when Gary Gygax was still in control of the company. Although pithier than the later 1994 Codex of Ethics, many of the same elements were already in place, even some of the sections that you thought necessary to highlight in larger font:

tsr-code-of-ethics-1982-jon-peterson-version.jpg
Figures; it was Blume brothers-era TSR, a tad beyond its creative peak. They did publish quality stuff afterwards (although these tend to have 1970s origins, like Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure or The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth), but the decline did come gradually. By the second half of the 1980s, average product quality had already fallen off the cliff. (What are the memorable modules of that era?)

I really should read that TSR Buck Rogers PDFs I pirated some years ago. I wonder if it is any good. To my knowledge there are a few versions.

TSR Buck Rogers Archive. (Sorry no DLs here its a product listing)
Apparently, it is quite good as a space opera game; its main problem was that by the time it came out, nobody knew, or really cared about Buck Rogers anymore.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Second edition deeply sanitised AD&D. Gone were character options like the half-orc and the assassin, poison and demon summoning spells

Half Orcs made their return in Monsters Compendium Vol. 1 published in 1989. That was further expanded out in The Complete Book of Humanoids (1993). There was also Player's Options - Skills & Powers (1995).

Assassins were turned into a kit for Rogues in The Complete Thief's Handbook published in 1989. On top of that you had The Complete Ninja's Handbook (1995).

However, people ported over the classes from AD&D 1E to 2E with zero problems. The systems were nearly identical with 2E being an organized coherent whole with the ideas of NWP/WP integrated into the core rulebooks unlike in 1E.

They've always had poison and demon summoning spells in the Player's Handbook. For example, the demon summoning spells were codified into Monster Summoning I-VIII as it combined numerous single species summoning spells into a single spell. Being able to summon a demon or devil was always with the permission of the DM.

Poison is covered on pages 89, 101, 102, and 103 of the DMG. They were in the PHB on pages 21, 28, 32, 80. 82, 133, 140, 141. That's the premium editions. In the first printing they were DMG pages 38, 63, and 73. PHB it was pages 15, 21, 23, 38, and 100.

The extent of the sanitization of AD&D 2E came in the renaming of devils and demons. They still existed as they originally did, but using a different racial name. They became Baatezu and Tanar'ri. Wow such sanitization of the source material... We never used the new names either, but kept the old ones.

Let me guess you actually never played AD&D 2E or you haven't played it in a very long time and your memory has failed you due to old age.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
TSR's later design philosophy is best summed up in their infamous Code of Ethics from a few years later, which reads like a SJW wishlist from a different era. (Spoilered for length, emphasis mine)
TSR adopted its first code as "standards for written material" in July 1982, at a time when Gary Gygax was still in control of the company. Although pithier than the later 1994 Codex of Ethics, many of the same elements were already in place, even some of the sections that you thought necessary to highlight in larger font:

Figures; it was Blume brothers-era TSR, a tad beyond its creative peak. They did publish quality stuff afterwards (although these tend to have 1970s origins, like Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure or The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth), but the decline did come gradually. By the second half of the 1980s, average product quality had already fallen off the cliff. (What are the memorable modules of that era?)

Oh boy what good modules that came out is your idiotic question? I guess Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc... don't count. What about the the adventures for Dragonlance? Most of the iconic adventures are from the OD&D and AD&D 1E/2E era. Then you had to contend with the adaptations of those modules to SSI's Gold Box games that used a modified AD&D 2E ruleset.

As for the writer's guide, this was standard for print, radio, tv, and movies. I'll take this writer's guide over the current trash being pushed that is for the destruction of all things moral and good to pursue pleasure at all costs.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
This gets overlooked a lot, Gary had no control at this point because any decisions were decided by vote and the brothers almost always voted with each other. It's the main reason he fucked off to Hollywood because he couldn't stand being around them anymore.
Learned quite a bit when I spent a lot of time reading through Gygax's many Q&A posts. I'm sure they're biased, but, gives a lot of insight.
Full archive of his hundreds of Q&A posts here: https://archive.md/brD0G

pomenitul, Polanski and KateMicucci, you rated this post negatively. I would like to hear the philosophical grounding you base your opposition on. Regardless of a purely materialist outlook or a spiritual one I can't think of any tenable position you could deny this from.
This is exactly a case of "First they came for..." Why are you so butthurt about censorship when you're the one who asked for this? Is it possible that you didn't realize that this is what you're asking for?

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Half Orcs made their return in Monstrous Compendium Vol. 1 published in 1989. That was further expanded out in The Complete Book of Humanoids (1993). There was also Player's Options - Skills & Powers (1995).

Assassins were turned into <and so on>

Let me guess you actually never played AD&D 2E or you haven't played it in a very long time and your memory has failed you due to old age.
I played AD&D 2e through most of the 1990s; it was the edition I mostly grew up with. I did, however, have access early on to some 1e materials, and that came as an early warning that there was better, more interesting material out there. When I make the claim that the modules and supplements were generally shit, or that the core rules were decent but a decline from 1e, I am speaking from experience. Finding the 1e/Basic-Expert classics a few years later was a revelation: here was a much better D&D than what I had known!

Some of the removed content was later made available in supplements. That's a red herring. Most people play core with only a handful of extra books (some OK, some horribly designed - Complete Book of Elves and Psionics, anyone?), not to mention this means paying for "DLC" that used to be part of the core rules. That does not undo the bowdlerisation of the core rulebooks, which are slightly cleaned up and better organised, but lack the wealth of material and insight found in the 1e lineup. The 2e DMG, in particular, is entirely useless in learning how to set up a campaign, write an adventure, or actually run the game. This, once again, is painful personal experience. (What I learned, I did from example.)

Oh boy what good modules that came out is your idiotic question? I guess Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc... don't count. What about the the adventures for Dragonlance? Most of the iconic adventures are from the OD&D and AD&D 1E/2E era. Then you had to contend with the adaptations of those modules to SSI's Gold Box games that used a modified AD&D 2E ruleset.

As for the writer's guide, this was standard for print, radio, tv, and movies. I'll take this writer's guide over the current trash being pushed that is for the destruction of all things moral and good to pursue pleasure at all costs.
Curse of the Azure Bonds and Pool of Radiance are computer games, and good at that. The print versions are adaptations (sadly, fairly slavish ones). At least they eschew the storyfaggotry and blatant railroading that became standard with the execrable Dragonlance module series - rightfully and almost universally considered the main harbringers of decline in old-school gaming. Turns out replicating medicre chick lit on the tabletop does not make for any sort of excellence.

There are good supplements from the late 1e and 2e era, mainly the campaign settings in their first versions. However, TSR severely neglected the general AD&D line, flooding it with badly made shovelware that saw no playtesting (since the talented Lorraine Williams forbid playtesting during work hours), and was often released in a barely coherent fashion because Random House had a contract to buy enormous quantities of TSR product sight unseen, and TSR tended to be short on cash. Writing staff at the time mainly consisted of failed novellists who saw game writing as a jumping board to the more lucrative novel division. The results were predictable: it was a model which only produced quality accidentally, and when it did so, it soon buried it in mounds of shit. Exhibit number one: the initial Dark Sun line, and what followed.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And Codexers should all be grateful for TSR's condemnation of LARPers. :M

This explains why magic users are so fragile and clerics so strong. Both of this guys approves CoDzillas. hu3hui3hu3
Gary Gygax himself liked to play a magic-user named Mordenkainen when his Greyhawk campaign's co-DM Rob Kuntz was running a game. Mordenkainen even had adventure module named after him:

l5iwdm.jpg

From my POV if you kept this as a template it was by its nature more inclusive. The other path is to write 'inclusive' stuff into your modules like Amber Scott and then say it's inclusive.

So what that author is thinking is that a fan who comes from a minority can only identify with a character who's a minority. Or the same sexual orientation as them. In a CRPG.

And they accuse right ringers like me of being unconsciously / intrinsically biased and in need of 'education'.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I played AD&D 2e through most of the 1990s; it was the edition I mostly grew up with. I did, however, have access early on to some 1e materials, and that came as an early warning that there was better, more interesting material out there. When I make the claim that the modules and supplements were generally shit, or that the core rules were decent but a decline from 1e, I am speaking from experience. Finding the 1e/Basic-Expert classics a few years later was a revelation: here was a much better D&D than what I had known!

Some of the removed content was later made available in supplements. That's a red herring. Most people play core with only a handful of extra books (some OK, some horribly designed - Complete Book of Elves and Psionics, anyone?), not to mention this means paying for "DLC" that used to be part of the core rules. That does not undo the bowdlerisation of the core rulebooks, which are slightly cleaned up and better organised, but lack the wealth of material and insight found in the 1e lineup. The 2e DMG, in particular, is entirely useless in learning how to set up a campaign, write an adventure, or actually run the game. This, once again, is painful personal experience. (What I learned, I did from example.)

I find Basic to be shit since how they treated races as classes etc... As a prototype it's great, but it's inferior to what came later. I'm happy that you enjoy it, but for me the best TSR D&D ever got was AD&D 2E. It had many of the refinements and codification of the rules begun with 1E.

RE: Removed Content: There wasn't any as I cited the pages and the books where said material appears in AD&D 2E. You can't tell me that The Complete Thieves Handbook was so far removed from the initial publication of the core books as it was published in the same year that the core rulebooks were. In fact, The Complete Fighters Handbook was released in 1989 as well. I just invalidated your entire argument over removed content. Nothing was removed. It was still there and if you wanted to use the 1E versions you could do so easily. AD&D2E used the same mechanics as 1E to a T. I find the improvements of using kits better than the 1E we have to shoehorn in classes that are overpowered. But that's a matter of taste.

Curse of the Azure Bonds and Pool of Radiance are computer games, and good at that. The print versions are adaptations (sadly, fairly slavish ones). At least they eschew the storyfaggotry and blatant railroading that became standard with the execrable Dragonlance module series - rightfully and almost universally considered the main harbringers of decline in old-school gaming. Turns out replicating medicre chick lit on the tabletop does not make for any sort of excellence.

There are good supplements from the late 1e and 2e era, mainly the campaign settings in their first versions. However, TSR severely neglected the general AD&D line, flooding it with badly made shovelware that saw no playtesting (since the talented Lorraine Williams forbid playtesting during work hours), and was often released in a barely coherent fashion because Random House had a contract to buy enormous quantities of TSR product sight unseen, and TSR tended to be short on cash. Writing staff at the time mainly consisted of failed novellists who saw game writing as a jumping board to the more lucrative novel division. The results were predictable: it was a model which only produced quality accidentally, and when it did so, it soon buried it in mounds of shit. Exhibit number one: the initial Dark Sun line, and what followed.

I find that the Dragonlance modules to be fine. They weren't the decline as that happened with the release of Player's Options books. The overuse of the splatbooks is the decline as well.

They made some really good settings and really shit ones. The top three sellers for TSR were Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, and Dragonlance. Everything else paled in comparison in sales. They overproduced settings and ignored the general adventure modules since the boxed sets netted them a higher profit. However, the adventure modules that were produced were of good quality and better then what was done in OD&D's initial ones.

As for failed novelists, I find that most of the ones that did write for TSR became big names afterwards like Stackpole, Hicks, and Weiss.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
This is exactly a case of "First they came for..." Why are you so butthurt about censorship when you're the one who asked for this? Is it possible that you didn't realize that this is what you're asking for?

For a couple decades in the late 20th C. censorship ebbed to low tide, and convinced many that it could be a stable state of affairs, but censorship is the norm for societies in all times and places. The idea that all censorship is the same and equally wrong is among the lamest in the libertarian stable. What we want is a situation where a mainstream is emotionally continent enough to welcome reasonable dissent while firm enough to censor degenerates. Judging by his standards, Based Gygax understood this.

S.torch

Arbiter
A post in defense of LARPing.

:updatedmytxt:

It was a general reply to your post. I dislike the idea of a role-playing game telling what you should or should not do outside of what is coherent with the theme (in this case, fantasy) while you're role-playing. That type of mindset is what declines the hobby.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
A post in defense of LARPing.

:updatedmytxt:

It was a general reply to your post. I dislike the idea of a role-playing game telling what you should or should not do outside of what is coherent with the theme (in this case, fantasy) while you're role-playing. That type of mindset is what declines the hobby.

Someone missed the part that these were the writer guidelines for getting material published by TSR. It had nothing to do with what DMs and their players could do at the table. Although, back in those days society was much more polite and certain subject matter was seen in poor taste.

S.torch

Arbiter
The historical development shows that eventually that type of thinking ends up affecting not only "the tables" but other works like videogames or novels.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Brian Blume joined TSR, as an equal partner with founders Don Kaye and Gary Gygax, at the beginning of 1974, just 4 or 5 months after TSR was founded in September 1973. He and Gygax later became TSR's first two employees in the summer of 1975 (Don Kaye had sadly passed away), when they quit their regular jobs. Kevin Blume joined TSR in November 1976, to fill the position of treasurer left by the departure of Dave Megarry, who was soon followed by Rob Kuntz and Dave Arneson, none of whom could stand working under Gary Gygax. The "Blume brothers-era" of TSR began at the end of 1976 and lasted until December 18 1984 when corporate secretary Richard Koenings circulated a memo declaring himself CEO of TSR with sole authority of all company functions, or arguably to the formal severance of the Blume brothers' employment with TSR in May 1985. Nearly every TSR product you acclaim was produced in the period when Brian Blume and Kevin Blume led TSR with Gary Gygax. :M

Makes sense. Deities & Demigods(1980) had its title changed when it was republished in 1985.
I wonder to what extent this was actually applied beyond the covers, as I can probably dig up a lot of counter material.
The AD&D 1st edition Legends & Lore book (not to be confused with its AD&D 2nd edition successor) was, except for the new cover by Jeff Easley, identical to the later printings of Deities & Demigods, i.e. without the Cthulhu/Lovecraft and Elric/Moorcock chapters that TSR lacked the legal rights to publish but otherwise unchanged. Even the artwork remained exactly the same, including nudity in several images. This was the same treatment received by the Monster Manual, Players Handbook, and Dungeon Masters Guide, with new covers by Jeff Easley but no changes to the content, including the interior artwork.

This gets overlooked a lot, Gary had no control at this point because any decisions were decided by vote and the brothers almost always voted with each other. It's the main reason he fucked off to Hollywood because he couldn't stand being around them anymore.
Learned quite a bit when I spent a lot of time reading through Gygax's many Q&A posts. I'm sure they're biased, but, gives a lot of insight.
Full archive of his hundreds of Q&A posts here: https://archive.md/brD0G
You might take the time to learn about the history of D&D and TSR rather than relying on Gary Gygax's confabulations, especially the ones made after he was ousted from the company in October 1985; he refused to acknowledge that he had been backstabbed by the person he had brought into the company just six months earlier, Lorraine Dille Williams, and instead blamed the Blume brothers for everything, whereas in past years he had always been their foremost defender.

Brief timeline of the end of Gary Gygax's tenure:

• Gary Gygax meets Flint Dille in Hollywood
  • Gary Gygax separates from Mary Jo Powell Gygax and is joined in Hollywood by TSR employee Donna Yukevich (later replaced by Gail Carpenter)
  • TSR re-reorganized with Gary Gygax leading TSR Media (film/TV), Brian Blume leading TSR Ventures (licensing), and Kevin Blume leading TSR Inc. (games and publishing), effective June 24
  • TSR's staff at all-time peak near 400 worldwide; almost 60 people laid-off on June 24
  • American National Bank insists on second round of layoffs in July, ~80 fired
  • Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series debuts on television September 17
  • Wilbur Scott joins TSR as vice president of finance, to oversee further restructuring and layoffs
  • American National Bank directs TSR to add three members to its Board of Directors: Wesley Sommer, James Huber, and Robert Kidon
  • Wilbur Scott leaves TSR at beginning of year to return to his consulting business
  • Richard Koenings joins TSR, soon promoted to corporate secretary by board of directors
  • Another round of mass layoffs in April affects game division
  • Gradual staff reductions occur, aside from mass layoffs
  • Willard Martens hired by TSR as vice president of finance and treasurer
  • Dave Arneson sues TSR over royalties for Monster Manual II, resolved four months later in his favor
  • Rose Estes sues TSR over denial of stock option exercise in 1982
  • Lawrence Schick sues TSR for denial of "creative bonuses" for his design of Star Frontiers
  • TSR reduces wages/salaries of most staff by 25% on December 7, promises to repay lost earnings as bonus by September 1985
  • Richard Koenings circulates memo on December 18 declaring himself CEO of TSR effective immediately with sole authority over all company functions
  • In response to potential investors and their assessment of TSR finances, stock price is lowered from $2,500 to $300; corporate profit-sharing plan crushed
  • Another round of layoffs in March terminates 36 more employees, including remaining members of the Blume family
  • Lorraine Dille Williams travels from Chicago to Lake Geneva to inspect TSR's books, discuss potential investment
  • Gary Gygax exercises stock option for 700 shares in TSR, giving him 49.6% of the total, forming majority with Ernie Gygax
  • Board of directors on March 29 names Gary Gygax president and CEO of TSR
  • Board of directors nixes deal with outside investors to acquire shareholdings of Brian and Kevin Blume but offers for TSR to buy all their shares for $340.87 each
  • Remaining 95 TSR employees attend company-wide meeting on April 1 that reveals Gary Gygax is back as leader
  • Richard Koenings departs TSR, replaced as corporate secretary by Willard Martens, TSR's VP of finance and treasurer
  • Lorraine Dille Williams is hired by Gary Gygax as vice president of administration in April, starts signing documents in place of Gygax
  • American National Bank sends letter to Gygax on April 9 rejecting request for more half million dollars in cash for operations and refusing TSR purchase of stock held by Brian and Kevin Blume
  • Brian Blume and Kevin Blume on April 18 send TSR a formal notice of their intent to sell their shares, then sign severance agreements with TSR on May 6
  • Salary deferrals imposed by TSR in December come to an end in June
  • Lorraine Dille Williams and Willard Martens negotiate gradual repayment of $1.2 million owed by TSR to various vendors and service providers
  • Brian Blume and Kevin Blume send TSR further notices of intent to sell stock on May 31 and July 22, with Brian Blume hand-delivering a fourth notice on July 23
  • Jim Huber, one of the board of directors, on August 15 sends Brian and Kevin Blume a response questioning their ability to sell most of their shares
  • Gary Gygax writes to Brian Blume to deny that on April 18 he had agreed to purchase the stock shares of Brian and Kevin Blume
  • In September, TSR exceeds spending cap imposed by American National Bank, which stops advancing funds; Williams and Huber meet bank officials while Gygax travels to Los Angeles
  • American National Bank demands TSR trademarks as collateral, prompting Gary Gygax to issue October 4 memo to legal department asserting his work is performed under his own copyright
  • On October 7, Lorraine Dille Williams meets Kevin Blume and Brian Blume, gives $70,000 to cover exercise of Brian Blume's stock option for 700 shares
  • Brian Blume and Kevin Blume send TSR a notice of intent to sell all their shares, including the 700 from stock options
  • On October 10, Willard Martens sends letter to all TSR shareholders and board of directors about notice of intent to sell
  • On October 16, Lorraine Dille Williams sends $15,000 check to TSR to exercise her stock option for 50 shares
  • On October 18, Lorraine Dille Williams purchases all 1690 shares held by Brian and Kevin and Melvin Blume
  • On October 21, Gary Gygax sends memo to board of directors demanding reduction in number to three, elimination of compensation for board members; board requests meeting
  • On October 22, board of directors meets and terminates Gary Gygax's role as president, CEO, and chairman of the board of TSR
    • Wesley Sommer replaces Gary Gygax as chairman of the board of TSR
    • Lorraine Dille Williams replaces Gary Gygax as president and CEO of TSR
  • Gary Gygax on November 5 attempts to purchase 650 shares of stock formerly held by Brian Blume, drives to Brian Blume's house on November 11 to hand-deliver another offer
  • Litigation over the transfers of stock and change in TSR leadership ensues on November 12, with a judge soon granting a temporary injunction
  • Judge rules against Gygax on August 28, prompting Gygax to sell his shares in TSR to Lorraine Dille Williams

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Curse of the Azure Bonds and Pool of Radiance are computer games, and good at that. The print versions are adaptations (sadly, fairly slavish ones)........

Ahem!

frc1.jpg

s-l640.jpg

FRC1 RUINS OF ADVENTURE
(Pool of Radiance)
Item Code:
#9238 (FRC1)
Title: Ruins of Adventure
Type: Adventure
Author: James Ward, David "Zeb" Cook, Steve Winter and Mike Breault
Published: 1988
A great evil force descended on the town of Phlan years ago. The townspeople were all either killed or driven away, and Phlan became (literally) a ghost town. Fifty years later, the survivors are ready to reclaim their town. But they need a band of strong and brave adventurers to lead the fight - they need you.

Ruins of Adventure
is a set of connected short adventures written by James Ward, David "Zeb" Cook, Steve Winter, and Mike Breault - four names familiar to all AD&D; game fans. It uses the same setting, locations, and characters as the computer game Pool of Radiance by Strategic Simulations, Inc. In fact, many of the scenarios here in Ruins of Adventure will provide important clues to the successful completion of Pool of Radiance.

HEROES OF PHLAN TRILOGY
Pool_of_Radiance_cover.jpg

BOOK 1 - POOL OF RADIANCE NOVEL

Pools_of_Darkness_cover.jpg

BOOK 2 - POOLS OF DARKNESS

Pool_of_Twilight_cover.jpg

BOOK 3 - POOLS OF TWILIGHT

frc2.jpg

kw9MNch.jpg

FRC2 CURSE OF AZURE BONDS
(Gold box Curse of Azure bonds)
Item Code: #9239 (FRC2)
Title: Curse of the Azure Bonds
Type: Adventure
Author: Jeff Grubb and George MacDonald
Published: 1989
Format: 96-page book
Day breaks, and the crowing of a distant rooster wakes you from an all-too-short sleep. Another day of adventure, you think as you arise - but then you stop short. You, and all your companions, have an elaborate blue tatoo covering most of your sword arm!
And there's more to these marks than a drunken prank. As you try to find out the source and the meaning of your new adornment, you are drawn further and further into danger and mystery. Will you become a pawn in somebody else's power game, or will you fight for your freedom and individuality?
Curse of the Azure Bonds is an adventure set in the FORGOTTEN REALMS game worldfor the AD&D; 2nd Edition game. It is based on the best-selling novel, Azure Bonds, by Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak. And watch for the Azure Bonds computer game, coming soon from Strategic Simulations, Inc.!

FINDER’S STONE TRILOGY
Azure_Bonds_cover.jpg

BOOK 1 - AZURE BONDS NOVEL

Wyverns_Spur_cover.jpg

BOOK 2 - THE WYVERN'S SPUR NOVEL

Song_of_the_Saurials_cover.jpg

BOOK 3 - SONG OF THE SAURIALS NOVEL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom