Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could help design TES6; what would you do?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd just keep re-releasing Skyrim until people stop buying it.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
To make it good? I'd probably have to rewrite the script and completely remake the game from the ground up, but I'd probably make something like Oblivion again with great quests, music, atmosphere, nature and all that stuff. I wasn't too fond of the abstract high fantasy stuff of Morrowind and I feel that Skyrim went too dark and edgy, Oblivion nailed a nice middle ground IMO.
Not that it matters, TES 6 will be Fallout 4 with Swords. Maybe they'll go full retard and creatively bankrupt and add guns or some shit in the game. I'm more curious when they will decide to officially announce TES6: Skyrim 2 just to see the fuck up and how many RPG elements they removed this time.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Until the fleet of trucks unloading millions in cash stop, they aren't going to be changing anything.

They could consolidate the three consolidated stats down to zero for truly emergent gameplay that kids will be able to grasp better (accessibility). Anyways, who has time for making decent systems when you spend all your budget on graphics? But if I could answer this question seriously I would do the following-

1) Do to this game what they did to FO. Make this game isometric view, fixed camera, 2d. Make it party based because fuck everyone, I love it.
2) Use The Riddle of Steel rpg system and add tons of complexity since computers can handle it easily and quickly
3) Go combat lite. Have very few, hand crafted, nonfiller combat that is ridiculously challenging. No more endless hordes of enemies you plow through like a farmer reaping hay.
4) No scaling. Keep the open world, but have direction and a natural progression like the original open worlds. Not this full blown scaling, everything is as easy at lvl 1 as it is at lvl whatever geared towards monkeys and retards.
5) No controller support. Or have support but have it like the ES games have for PC and make it just plain suck with controllers.
6) Focus on everything the ES games since morrwind haven't - systems, complexity, rpg elements. No voice action. No jumping. No 3d. No fancy graphics. 95% of the budget goes to systems and content. 5% goes to graphics and art assets.
7) Invent something that makes the screen blurry when you record yourself playing the game so no one can ever watch videos of people playing a video game on the internet. That shit really bothers me because it is so fucking weird and no one seems to see it but me.
8) No crafting at all. I don't mind lite or npc crafting but this will be a fuck you to these contentless crafting/"survival" games that are all the rage.
9) Hand crafted items, and no generic shit. Go magic item lite and all hand placed like in RoA.
10) No difficulty levels. Everyone has a shared experience that plays. And that is rough to normals and impossible for the usual idiots that have ruined rpgs.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Until the fleet of trucks unloading millions in cash stop, they aren't going to be changing anything.

They could consolidate the three consolidated stats down to zero for truly emergent gameplay that kids will be able to grasp better (accessibility). Anyways, who has time for making decent systems when you spend all your budget on graphics? But if I could answer this question seriously I would do the following-

1) Do to this game what they did to FO. Make this game isometric view, fixed camera, 2d. Make it party based because fuck everyone, I love it.
2) Use The Riddle of Steel rpg system and add tons of complexity since computers can handle it easily and quickly
3) Go combat lite. Have very few, hand crafted, nonfiller combat that is ridiculously challenging. No more endless hordes of enemies you plow through like a farmer reaping hay.
4) No scaling. Keep the open world, but have direction and a natural progression like the original open worlds. Not this full blown scaling, everything is as easy at lvl 1 as it is at lvl whatever geared towards monkeys and retards.
5) No controller support. Or have support but have it like the ES games have for PC and make it just plain suck with controllers.
6) Focus on everything the ES games since morrwind haven't - systems, complexity, rpg elements. No voice action. No jumping. No 3d. No fancy graphics. 95% of the budget goes to systems and content. 5% goes to graphics and art assets.
7) Invent something that makes the screen blurry when you record yourself playing the game so no one can ever watch videos of people playing a video game on the internet. That shit really bothers me because it is so fucking weird and no one seems to see it but me.
8) No crafting at all. I don't mind lite or npc crafting but this will be a fuck you to these contentless crafting/"survival" games that are all the rage.
9) Hand crafted items, and no generic shit. Go magic item lite and all hand placed like in RoA.
10) No difficulty levels. Everyone has a shared experience that plays. And that is rough to normals and impossible for the usual idiots that have ruined rpgs.

Sounds good! I would go combat Medium (as opposed to "Lite") and keep it single character but as long as Bethesda remains Lord of the Millennial gaming hordes you're probably wasting your time and better off applying these ideas elsewhere.

Falksi

Arcane
I'd start by executing every dev who suggested the following for Oblivion/Morrowind:

*Level Scaling
*Compass with map markers on
*Crafting
*Generic enemies, instead of Morrowind like Alien ones (If you'd have told me back in the 00's I'd be begging for more Cliffracers in TES games I'd have shit)
*Randomized Loot
*Having it full of Dungeons which lead nowhere other than their enterance. The odd few? fine. But part of exploring is that it actually takes you somewhere. I should be entering dungeons which lead to myth & mystery. Not a fucking marker/switch and trip back to the start, like some schoolday sightseeing trip around a Yorkshire pit.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Non-linear dungeons would be a great start. Make them modular with a variety of different segments which activate randomly at the start of a playthrough. For example, the first time you enter Briarpatch Wood Crypts, you find the gate lock rusted shut. This forces you to crawl through the beslimed ghoul infested gutters. When you decide to replay the game six hundred hours later, you find the gates open and stride right into the main hall. The dungeons associated with the main quests should overflow with unique puzzles and traps instead of copy and paste pressure plates. This would allow the player to approach the matter more as an adventure game if he so wishes.
If you made the game big enough, you could have a lot more dungeons and not need to randomise their sections or features as there would already be a decent amount of variety. It would be better if, in your example, the gates were open in the second visit because you left them open.

One feature I disliked about Daggerfall was that it reset dungeons and the creatures in them as soon as you left. This discouraged the player from looking for new dungeons. A more persistent world would give more of a sense of achievement.

Of course, creatures could move back into dungeons over time if there was nobody around to stop them, but it shouldn't happen as soon as you walk out, and they shouldn't be of the same type unless there was a good reason for it (bears like caves, ghouls prefer graveyards etc.).

Booger

Educated
some realistic changes

- improve follower AI. it's so annoying when they get stuck or trigger traps etc.
- make loot much sparser
- implement something like VATS

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm tired of console kids taking over this site. Don't you have a micecraft video to watch on youtube?

You are a like a piece of shit that constantly consumes more shit. I can't believe it.

Well, believe it buddy. I'm a shit eating shit, and you are just a console retard on the wrong site. Can't you take your general gaming console love to a site that isn't supposed to be about rpgs?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Of course you don't. Because you are a general console game lover.

The burden of proof lies on you.

Okay, I'll explain the obvious - this thread is specifically about a series that has been a console series Morrowind, and has streamlined the rpg out of it since morrowind, culminating in the general console game Skyrim. Skyrim is a console game made for the console specifically, and had every rpg element besides some very rpg lite elements removed or dumbed down to Zelda levels of non-rpg.

Also, I've only seen you recently and don't know much about you but from our little interaction I can tell you have console sensibilities. You look at games with general gaming eyes and have little real rpg experience. I would be very surprised if you are older than early 20s. You are far away from being an adult and having opinions that matter and that are grounded in wisdom and experience.

When I was your age I too was an idiot that believed style was important and fashion a real thing. People your age are wrapped up in the superficial and will not even begin to understand what is real and make believe for at least another decade if then. And I'm suspecting most from your generation will stay stupider longer judging from how many 40+ year olds I see wearing skinny pants and wearing hipster shit like north land or whatever brand is all the rage. Real adults focus on function over form. or I should say smart adults.

I hope I am right about your age because it means you still have a chance to be normal and intelligent. If you are 30+ you are just fucked to a life of being a slave to lies and nonsense and stupidity and you will never not be stupid. But if this is so, take heart, as stupid people are generally much happier than non-stupids just as kids are generally much happier than adults.

Ruchy

Scholar
I would adopt nearly all of the design decisions of Requiem then I would get some talented chap to write me a decent main quest.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remove all RPG elements and make it a GOOD and FUN medieval FPS like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was. Focus on the combat and its mechanics rather than "skills" and RPG "elements".
Add some really cool backdrops and monsters and so on, some story with a couple of twists and done.
It's obvious Bethesda is going away from RPGs with every game, so at least make something good out of it

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Remove all RPG elements and make it a GOOD and FUN medieval FPS like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was. Focus on the combat and its mechanics rather than "skills" and RPG "elements".
Add some really cool backdrops and monsters and so on, some story with a couple of twists and done.
It's obvious Bethesda is going away from RPGs with every game, so at least make something good out of it
Exactly. Be an action game or be an RPG, but be a good version of either, not dumb shit that fails at both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom