Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could help design TES6; what would you do?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
What I would do
  • Bring back stats to at least 7 stats that mean something
  • Have the player pick a class, and lock out some skills based on class. That is, skills only available to certain classes (armor/weapon smith to fighters, magic crafting for mage types, etc.) Best armor, weapons, and spells are only craftable
  • Make some areas inaccessible to players without said class
  • Make some weapons unusable to players without said class or stats
  • Add random powerful items, but make them appear in random places so fags can't go directly to certain key weapons/armors
  • Add factions that lock you out of other factions
  • Create a dialog system that doesn't suck, and base reaction on race/class. No more fully voiced conversations, just the intro is fine
  • Make the player a small part of an actual world, not the chosen one/savior of everything/the linchpin to the fate of the cosmos
  • Just make the characters naked under their clothes, saving modders and every other pervert the time of having to do this on their own.
  • Multiplayer co-op and have the players working together to enhance the story
  • Ability to play passive. Select Pilgrim class and get spells for placating enemies or moving unnoticed. Whatever. Just enough with the mighty axe fighting.

What they will do
  • Health and magic will be given each level. Stamina will be removed
  • Player can do anything and will continue to specialize at levelup, but players start at being able to do everything moderately well
  • Fully voiced conversations where the player just clicks to continue the conversation (ok, this is already there.)
  • Feats like Fallout 4
  • Less player responsibility. Piss off the guards? Press X to bribe!
  • More epic content. Player is a god who was strpped of all powers, and your enemy Daedra Lord Bowser is taking over the world! Only at the end do you find out that you are a Daedra god! And it was you who stripped you of your own powers! Something to do with a prophecy of some sort!
  • No death. Player dies and respawns at checkpoints, or is knocked out and gets back up after the screen fades for 3 seconds
  • Player has a third arm, so the player can swing a sword, cast a flame spell, and heal themselves at the same time.
  • Oblivion gates
  • Player can only play as a female, or better, player can be a tranny or select other for gender, where you can type in up to 512 characters describing your associations
  • Less races, and all races are treated exactly the same, just looking slightly different. Redguards, Imperials, and Bretons? What are we, middle ages Europe? This is 2017! (Argonian chicks will still have big juggs, for some weird reason.)
  • More cool bad-ass killing moves! Maybe one where the player bites the enemy on the neck and chews off its head.
  • Money will continue to have no use whatsoever, or be even less useful
  • A high score table kept at Bethesda, published online, with a ladder system
  • Online required, but no multiplayer
  • Dragons! DRAGONS! DRAGONS!!! They are everywhere! (ok, this is a given.)

AngryKobold

Arcane
Proper design of lizards. Female reptiles don't have boobs. Hell, even Larian Studios got it right this time.

Edit, so you get the not- so- subtle joke:
That's because lizards are literally the only good thing about TES. The rest is beyond any help now. That includes engine, community, target audience, gameplay and art direction since 2006. Guess it counts as "everything".

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Proper design of lizards. Female reptiles don't have boobs. Hell, even Larian Studios got it right this time.

That's because lizards are literally the only good thing about TES. The rest is beyond any help now. That includes engine, community, target audience, gameplay and art direction since 2006. Guess it counts as "everything".
I don't remember, because I own Skyrim but haven't played in a while. Is there any difference in the races? You can't give one a bonus to strength, water breathing, or much else, can you? Do argonians get water breathe, and kahjits get a sneak bonus, or is it just cosmetic now?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

"Muh fictional lizard women in a fantasy setting shouldn't have boobs! This totally UNREALISTIC!"

You're an idiot.

AngryKobold

Arcane

I don't remember, because I own Skyrim but haven't played in a while. Is there any difference in the races? You can't give one a bonus to strength, water breathing, or much else, can you? Do argonians get water breathe, and kahjits get a sneak bonus, or is it just cosmetic now?

Small differences. All races got minor ability bonuses and unique gimmicks. The most of gimmicks was useless. Argonians got permanent water breathing, but you wouldn't call it useful. That's what the game really needed. Underwater hiking, in case the regular hiking didn't piss you enough. And don't make me start on poison immunity that grants no poison immunity.

So cosmetic only. And that counts as a positive! I welcome every game where my PC doesn't have to be a dirty mammal.

AngryKobold

Arcane

"Muh fictional lizard women in a fantasy setting shouldn't have boobs! This totally UNREALISTIC!"

You're an idiot.

Just stick your head into an oven and suffocate realistically. It is not about realism. It's about aesthetics.

You might say: but a lizard with boobs is a win- win, the best of two worlds! Hell no. Because it's a lizard with breast implants we're talking about, it looks weird and there's something wrong with you. What's next, maybe D- cup Thri-kreen?

typical user

Arbiter
Bash Emil-what's-his-name skull into his desk until he finally tells management that someone else should be lead quest/story designer?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Hardcore gamers like people who watch other people play video games on youtube?
I don't think hardcore gamers watch other people play games, they are too busy playing games.
There is nothing good or fun about popamole games for retards. Only rpgs are good games. Why do you idiots even post on this site. There are a billion other sites that are specifically for general gamers like you. Why infest what is supposed to be the only hardcore rpg site with your casual, general gaming filth and retardation. No game was ever fixed or made better by being less of an rpg. And anyone thinking this clearly should get the fuck out and go to whatever general gaming sites are popular. You retards aren't wanted here.

People can like more than one genre.

I understand why you don't have the "possibly retarded" tag. The possibly is a redundant word.

Because everybody blocks his posts after seeing two or three, so tags are deemed unworthy.

Has this site really sunk so far that the popamole retards have such control that I am the only one that sees it? If this is no longer a site for people who love rpgs equivalent to my wine aficionado example, it is isn't an rpg site at all. A wine afficiando site filled will beer drinkers has nothing to offer wine aficionados but popamole retardism and people too stupid to find a correct site.

I can't do it anymore. Its one long retard fight of me versus general gaming console fans. This community is the decline of the genre. Have fun you fucking idiots. I'm taking my toys and going home.

Danikas

Arcane
I never get why they insist on depicting whole provinces with 5 cities having 20 inhabitants each, it makes the world really fucking small when 1/10 of it is the size of my backwater town, Gothic 3 had same problem for me.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I never get why they insist on depicting whole provinces it makes the world really fucking small when 1/10 of it is the size of my backwater town, Gothic 3 had same problem for me.
Play Daggerfall

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I did man but now its just too dated for me + Handcrafted world > Procedural generation.
This is a common misconception about Daggerfall. Very few things are procedurally generated during gameplay.

I'll clarify. Quests (outside of the main quest), loot, enemies, wandering NPCs and store inventory is procedurally generated. That's about it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Ye I know they generated stuff beforehand and tweaked it still its not a handcrafted world by any stretch.
Yet Beth's handcrafted efforts after Daggerfall have all been monotonous bland repetitive monstrosities. Whatever program they were using for Daggerfall managed to create a more compelling world to explore than their handcrafted Cyrodiil or Skyrim, and at thousands of times the size at that. I gurantee you if they made Skyrim with the same tools they made Daggerfall it would still be critically acclaimed by normies simply because it looks more realistic. I mean do you really think Skyrim Thieves guild quest is better than any randomly generated quest in Daggerfall? Fuck no. That shit is total garbage. I'll take a computer generating content over the retards at Bethesda any day.

Danikas

Arcane
Ye I know they generated stuff beforehand and tweaked it still its not a handcrafted world by any stretch.
Yet Beth's handcrafted efforts after Daggerfall have all been monotonous bland repetitive monstrosities. Whatever program they were using for Daggerfall managed to create a more compelling world to explore than their handcrafted Cyrodiil or Skyrim, and at thousands of times the size at that. I gurantee you if they made Skyrim with the same tools they made Daggerfall it would still be critically acclaimed by normies simply because it looks more realistic. I mean do you really think Skyrim Thieves guild quest is better than any randomly generated quest in Daggerfall? Fuck no. That shit is total garbage. I'll take a computer generating content over the retards at Bethesda any day.
Well thats a fair point :thumbsup: (and for the record I never got that far in skyshit to see any of the guild quests, I uninstalled it after my second dungeon) then again why bother at all with bethesda games

:hearnoevil: :timetoburn:

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Has this site really sunk so far that the popamole retards have such control that I am the only one that sees it? If this is no longer a site for people who love rpgs equivalent to my wine aficionado example, it is isn't an rpg site at all. A wine afficiando site filled will beer drinkers has nothing to offer wine aficionados but popamole retardism and people too stupid to find a correct site.

Yes, you're right. The popamole squad is going to go to your house and flay you alive, then make your skin into a handbag while you slowly watch and writhe in pain.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Hmm, serious thoughts:

- Let the game set on one of the sumerset islands: Everyone hated the High Elves, so it would be cathartic to burn their whole infrastructure. I also like the eastern vibe I get from them and after the snowy and very homely Skyrim a more colorful city in a japanese style would ne nice.

- More story, less storytelling: The Elder Scrolls games are the most enjoyable, the less they try to tell a story or give me urgency. Exploring a dungeon and earning money to buy myself a house can be a story in itself and when I look at games like Dishonored 2 or Gone Home, where the ENVIRONMENT tells so much about the people who inhibit this worlds, I wonder why Bethesda could never have done this. Just turn the story into a epic treasure hunt and give the dungeons a lot more lore with painted reliefs and all that.

- Cut out the questmaker: if it is a treasure hunt, you shouldn't find the treasure right away. But you can compensate that with a good questlog.

- Cut the level scaling: D'uuuh.

- Implement the Daedra more: the Daedras are still one of the cooler ideas of the setting, should have more to do for you than one quest. Maybe being the servant of one Daedra gives you a boost on skills, but it also means that you are attacked by more powerful believers of other Daedras the stronger you get. Also, maybe the Daedras are a faction onto themselves.

- Limit the access to factions and guilds: The guild be connected to the factions (maybe two rivaling Altmer-houses) and your decisions to follow one, should involve you more into the story. And if you want to access one of the blocked guilds, there should be quests build around secret takeovers or killing the leader of one guild. You should also be limited to be the master of ONE guild, which should be compensated with stat boosts or another line of quests, around this job.

- Samurai Vampires:
Because why not? Dawnguards idea was good, why not do it right this time and basically hunting Dracula in Edo castle could be fun.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom