Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, May 19, 2018.

1. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Also the UI is damn great, it is LEAPS better than EU4/HOI4/CK2/Stellaris, and is even a little bit better than Victoria 2 which I consider the benchmark for Paradox UI.
    The artists realy have done a great job for the UI.

The map visualy looking is also a great step up from their previous games, from aesthethics point, this game is leaps above everything else what pdox had to offer so far.

^ Top  
  2. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Tactics changed

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  3. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    U wot m8?

The UI looks like Ceasar 3 and I don't mean this as a compliment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Vic2 has the best pdox UI so far, change my mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Why would I give a fuck about your retarded opinion.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Yea you don't give a fuck about my opinion but 'u wot m8' me.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I wanted to express surprise, not to signify I care that greatly. Victoria 2's UI is so bad that I don't know where to begin. I haven't played all of PDX' shit, but I found EU4 to be quite good, compared to what we had before it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Maybe it's just because I'm not an idiot but I've played every paradox game pretty much and I can't think of a single one where I didn't learn and enjoy the UI in 15-20 minutes tops.

If you're having trouble with Vic2/Hoi4/Eu4's UI's you probably have bigger problems. These aren't complicated systems lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted

I would love to hear you compare and contrast how EU4's ui is vastly improved compared to Vic 2.

Hurr durr, country info is at top of screen, diplo I right click on other countries.

That part is exactly the same, I suspect it had something to do with all the retard friendly systems in eu4 like mana points that enable morons like you to actually play these games.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    My firs PDX game was either HoI in 2004 or EU2, can't rightly remember.

I fail to see what does Victoria's interface have that sets it out as better in any way.

Also, I'm sure you "enjoyed in 15 minutes" the torrent of dialogue windows in Victoria, EUIII or any PDX game before EU4.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Life of the Party Arcane

Life of the Party
  12. Alexios Savant Patron

Alexios
    There's nothing inaccessible about Victoria 2's UI at all. It even tells you what every tab contains in nice big letters, which is far more than newer Paradox games can say (see HOI4, where the UI is left a mystery until you figure out what everything is through trial and error).

^ Top  
  13. what am i doing Prophet

what am i doing
    I'd agree if not for its habit of dropping mouse clicks when running at speed 5, which automatically makes it a trash UI in my opinion, no matter how good everything else is designed.

^ Top  
  14. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    ??? I don't get it.

"I fail to see what does Victoria's interface have that sets it out as better in any way."

Me neither

My issue is with

" Victoria 2's UI is so bad that I don't know where to begin. "

How is EU4's UI substantially better then VIC 2?

You're probably just a retard who couldn't understand the old Pdox games, you probably enjoy EU4 for it's mana system. For retards like you.

^ Top  
  15. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I like the notifications in the top left for one thing. Reduces the number of popup windows.

^ Top  
  16. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted

IDK, maybe it's just me but I never though popups were a big deal unless I was going 5x speed trying to burn years.

EU4 was junk anyways, 1 step forward 2 steps back from 3.

^ Top  
  17. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Take note the first game was named Europa Universalis: Rome, so Imperator is also just a EU4 spin-off, so basicaly it is a map painter in a different setting.

The Roman times is a much better setting to create an empire, blob and map paint because there are plenty of small provinces to conquer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LizardWizard Arbiter

LizardWizard
    Vic 2 is practically popamole compared to Ricky

^ Top  
  19. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Is typing properly difficult for a retard like you?

Do you mean victoria revolutions? I liked vicky 1 alot when I played it. It's one of my favorite games of all time. That said I don't have the desire to spend hours on end splitting pops these days.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    This AwesomeButton Retard seems extremely butthurt. I would be too if I was an EU4 downs fanboy, lol.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Trithne Augur

Trithne
    Are you just after Kodex Kool Kredits or are you this much of an edgy shit normally? Try putting forward an argument that isnt "hurr mana durr retard"

^ Top  
  22. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Nah,he is pretty insane. He even called me of all people a communist and a liberal,it really gave me a good laugh. If you are lucking he will ignore you :).

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted

Nah I wasn't always edgy but now I'm edgy as fuck when dealing with people moutbreathers.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Maybe that is what you tell yourself. But the reason you are edgy as fuck is because that's all you can do.

Oh no, some dumbfuck is calling me rearded on the internet, what am I going to do?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted

Yet you're the one who couldn't understand victoria 2.

Idiot :)

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.