Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Yosharian

Arcane
Requiem is for gameplay.
3DNPCs for content and great followers.
Inigo is for awesome follower.
Apocalypse is for being a powerful wazard.
Mostly agree. I think 3DNPC is a little overrated. And Apocalypse has some incredibly OP spells, but fuck me it has some amazing ones.

DraQ

Arcane
Requiem is for gameplay.
Mostly agree. I think 3DNPC is a little overrated. And Apocalypse has some incredibly OP spells, but fuck me it has some amazing ones.
3DNPCs has some low points but you get a bunch of questlines and interesting followers that are pretty well rooted in often more obscure aspects of the lore.

Yosharian

Arcane
Requiem is for gameplay.
3DNPCs has some low points but you get a bunch of questlines and interesting followers that are pretty well rooted in often more obscure aspects of the lore.
My standards are pretty high, it doesn't meet them. But that's just me

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Modding Bethesda games to make them even remotely playable is why I no longer buy anything they make. Fuck them. Fuck them sideways with a cheese-grater.

deuxhero

Arcane
New dev diary from the Beyond Skyrim team.

at 4 mins in it says their Illiac Bay is being polished up for a "pre-release" (I assume another demo like Bruma). No idea why they didn't just concentrate on one province at a time.

DraQ

Arcane
Requiem is for gameplay.
My standards are pretty high, it doesn't meet them. But that's just me
Seriously, could you expound?
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Apply ice.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

at 4 mins in it says their Illiac Bay is being polished up for a "pre-release" (I assume another demo like Bruma). No idea why they didn't just concentrate on one province at a time.

Why don't these guys just make their own game?
They clearly have the time, motivation and capacity. So why working on massive free projects in such a shitty engine?

Yosharian

Arcane
Seriously, could you expound?
The voice acting isn't up to the standards set by the base game. The dialogue isn't particularly good. The NPCs don't behave similarly to Skyrim's base NPCs. They don't offer something which has a significant effect on the game - they're mostly just window dressing.

All in all, the mod doesn't 'fit' with the base game, and doesn't offer anything particularly interesting.

deuxhero

Arcane

They clearly have the time, motivation and capacity. So why working on massive free projects in such a shitty engine?

Typically most of the people are working on this are amateurs or don't do much. People often use such projects for resumes.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The way he talks is how religious fucks talk about repairing a cathedral. And here is the Dwemerian chamber which we have reconstructed with great care and respect and honour. Oh ye Skyrim fan, thine taste is impeccable and we take very seriously our godly mission of improving such sacred game textures.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Okay, I have been holding out. I actually do have an excellent mod recommendation for Skyrim. And there is even a Fallout 4 version!

It's called: Uninstall

Best modification ever!

P.S. I'd really like to think we could eventually slap Todd Howard's dick out of Fluent's mouth.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I recently discovered Enderal. I actually knew/heard about it for years but then must have gone senile and forgot about it completely. Now I have finally installed it, and it's pretty damn impressive. Todd must feel depressed.

Also, the writing is actually tolerable so far. No more stuff like this:

Finally the full price I paid for Skyrim is paying off.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Todd doesn't feel a damn thing. They made the same sort of mod for Oblivion too, if Todd felt any sort of regret he wouldn't have made Skyrim such a sack of shit. He does what he is told to do which is to make the lowest budget AAA dumbass action RPG possible. He nails it every time and is well compensated.

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane

Costs. Modding only costs time, making a game that nobody buys is riskier.

Yep, and significant development on a project like this is a way to get your foot in the door in the industry, or at least something to pad out a portfolio.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Todd doesn't feel a damn thing. They made the same sort of mod for Oblivion too, if Todd felt any sort of regret he wouldn't have made Skyrim such a sack of shit. He does what he is told to do which is to make the lowest budget AAA dumbass action RPG game possible. He nails it every time and it well compensated.

Correct. And the 'evul plan' was revealed in all its glory with F76, which is an EPIC level of experiment in "what can we get away with". Re-re-re-used engine, remove NPCs cos now the other players are NPCs, barest minimum of 'quests', slap in some 'current year trends' like battle royale, spend all your dev money on the in game store while very slowly trickling in pay-to-win items amongst the over-priced cosmetics for real monies.

Regardless of how you feel about earlier Bethesda stuff, at least there was always some amount of effort to make an entertaining game for the sake of being a game. F76 is a crude and barely functional framework of a game draped over an online service with one purpose: to milk money out of the Fallout 3/4 fanboy whales for the next X amount of years until they make Fallout 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom