Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

I thought Bleakfalls Barrow got hit with the endless Draugr stick by Requiem, but Labyrinthian...cripes. The undead dragon has around 25 of them backing him up, all capable of Shouting, and a small horde of skeletons and two dragon priests. Who are so broken in Requiem it's crazy. At first I kept up a stream of summoned Trolls and Bears and Ghost Warriors and whatnot, then called in Atvir Dres with his personal spell. Then said screw it and used AFT's 'Summon Fucking Everyone' tool to call in my entire clique.

The two Dragon Priests killed all but a handful of them.

Compared to them the named and supposed boss Morokei was annoying but doable. Keep a wall of bodies between you and him, take care of his ghosts and then wail on him when he takes a few seconds to flat-line your minions.

"Putting FFFFFUUUU- back in fun" should be Requiem's motto.
:martini:

What's really fun is combining Requiem and Dwemer Certified (made by the guy who did Robco Certified for FO3 and New Vegas). After finishing Labyrinthian I finally had the resources and requisite perks in Enchanting and Smithing (which hurt to waste points on considering he's a mage/researcher/Necro focus) to build my first major Dwemer unit, a Combat Sphere. I'd experimented with Spiders but those things are shit.

Combat Sphere Crossbow + Elemental Fury+ Shockburst or Fireburst or Frostburt= Your mechanical minion has his own personal bazooka. I enchanted my first one with EF + FB and took him back to Labyrinthian's area to clear Shalidor's Maze and Lost Valkygg. Skeletons and Draugr hordes flying everywhere! Enchanting its Sphere Blade with EF + the standard non AOE Fire spell made it wreck close quarters too. Can't figure how to enchant its armor though. I can remove it but it doesn't show up in the table lists.

Next time I run into a Dragon Priest road block I'm stock piling materials and burying them in my mechanical miracles.

Gord

Arcane
This mod I just stumbled upon changes some of the auto-accepted quest so that you still have to actively seek out the quest giver as well as gives some options to refuse certain quests:
"The choice is yours"

Also there's a new version of "Better quest objetives" called "Even better quest objectives".

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33547/

Update 1.1 is live! See the changelog for details.
---------------
ABOUT
---------------
This is Cabbage In A Pot, a mod meant to increase immersion and improve the overall experience while playing Skyrim. Basically, this mod adds a cabbage in a pot to the walkway above the south entrance to Riverwood. Both the cabbage and the pot can be moved and taken, and even placed somewhere else!

---------------
FEATURES
---------------
- Adds a cabbage in a pot to Riverwood
- Both cabbage and pot are fully interactive
- Can be picked up and placed somewhere else
- Full 3D models for the inventory system and the world view
- Increases realism and immersion, as well as the overall experience

---------------
COMPATIBILITY
---------------
This mod is compatible with all three official DLCs and every mod tested so far. If you find any issues with conflicting mods, please let me know so I can add it to the list.

---------------
CHANGE LOG
---------------
18/3/2013
v1.0
Initial Release
-Added a cabbage in a pot to Riverwood

20/3/2013
v1.1
-Updated the name, ID, and position of the pot
-Updated the position and ID of the cabbage
KNOWN BUGS: If you've interacted with or picked up the cabbage and the pot, duplicates may be created.

---------------
TO-DO LIST
---------------
Make the cabbage in a pot lore-friendly

---------------
SPECIAL THANKS
---------------
I'd like to thank Muppetpuppet for inspiring me with his mod, Moonpath to Elsweyr. Without him, I never could have done some of the things included in this mod.

I'd also like to thank Elezeid for providing the images I used!

:salute:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Has someone made a mod compilation like there was for Oblivion (POEE)? The more the better, a massive mishmash of all the shit thrown together would be the best. It's not for me and I'd rather not install the game and spend a day downloading and checking that the pos actually starts up without choking to death.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I wonder where did mammoths go?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why are you fags still playing this stupid game?

You know that one person that likes the milkshake and fries from Wendy's because they like to dip the fires into the milkshake and think it's good despite both items being relatively shit?

Yeah, that's how I feel about hiking simulators like Skyrim.

tindrli

Arcane
W0hTy5v.jpg
:troll:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
360 Walk and Run Plus
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34508/

And fuck you Bethesda for not making this.
I don't understand. There are no cloaks in the game by default. Are these just tweaked animations that work for cloaks? How can Bethesda be called out for making animations that don't take into account items that don't exist in their game?

escom

Learned
I don't understand. There are no cloaks in the game by default. Are these just tweaked animations that work for cloaks? How can Bethesda be called out for making animations that don't take into account items that don't exist in their game?
It's for the walking, running animations, the cloak animation is just a plus. You can rotate your char like in gta 4 (almost). So if you run backwards you see the front of your char.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's for the walking, running animations, the cloak animation is just a plus. You can rotate your char like in gta 4 (almost). So if you run backwards you see the front of your char.
Ah I see now. I dunno, is it that big a problem it's not like that to begin with? Doesn't seem like it's an especially crucial feature, third-person is really only useful for viewing environments while you hike around anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom