Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yes, Akratus, I figured as much. ;)

Anyway, Heresiarch, it's good to finish Skyrim's civil war quest at least once in vanilla, so that you can experience just how underwhelming it is. The changes that guy's mod makes sound pretty amazing compared to what is currently in the game. Not sure if I want to put up with the bugs, but we'll see.

Lhynn

Arcane
I don't want it easier. I want it to work as a game and be balanced as such. It's not difficulty that frustrating. It's not even getting one-shoted. It's getting one-shoted EVERY TIME. That's to the point that it messes with suspension of disbelief.

edit: Whatever. Skyrim is broken and has crap writing anyway. If you guys enjoy an unbalanced mod, good for you. It's just that I'd rather not have page after page of trolling over it.

Have you considered, that if you're the only person with certain issues, and nobody else has them, the fault is on your end? Hm?
I have them. gord has them, and a couple other people have raised the same issue, go back to your cave.

Eyeball

Arcane
Soooo any tips on surviving as a straight caster in the early Requiem stages? I can't kill a fucking thing just using my pissant spark spell.

Apart from "git gud" that is. I could use some help gitting guder.

neilsouth

Augur
I'm having stutter/freeze problems and I've only added 30 mods, system is perfectly capable!

It skips a little when walking about, but if I do a fast about turn it does a mini freeze as if it's suddenly coughing at the amount being loaded in.

Soooo any tips on surviving as a straight caster in the early Requiem stages? I can't kill a fucking thing just using my pissant spark spell.

Run away and heal. Lead them into traps. Shoot spells from behind corners and while backpedaling. Make sure you use the right spell for the right enemy - fire for undead and trolls etc. Side step arrows and zig zag so the enemy misses.
Clockwork plays a mage and actually likes Requiem, so he'll probably have better advice.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Run away and head straight to Winterhold would be my advice. You are a glass cannon without ammunition and useful spell tomes are too expensive in the beginning so you are in no shape for a serious fight.
And level enchanting and alchemy. But that's a boring grind and it always makes me hate the game and quit it after I gained a decent level in these skills.

Or you could as well say fuck it and grab a bow.
Then u git gud automatically.
:popamole:

Or you could as well say fuck it and grab a bow.
Then u git gud automatically.
:popamole:
That literally happened in one of the let's play's on YouTube I posted. The guy kept struggling to kill this bandit in melee and dying over and over. Then, out of desperation, he pulls out a bow and kills him in two hits. "Oh. Well, that worked..."

Heresiarch

Prophet
Have you guys ever experienced the dreaded Infinite Loading Screen issue? I've just had one while leaving the Whiterun catacombs. Loaded back the game and I could successfully leave, but I have a feeling it will occur quite often if I don't do something about it.

I've experienced LOOOOONG loading screens - especially when loading up a saved game. And I experienced an infinite loading screen when first using Mod Organizer. (I think I fixed it by fiddling with the profiles and uncheck all mods and then rechecking them.)

You can follow the ini changes suggested in here. So you can get a log and see why it's screwing up.

Also, you can try the solutions in this thread - I think quite a few people have said this fixes it:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/945533-skyrim-infinite-loading-screen/

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding.

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

1. tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
  2. fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
  3. fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
  4. recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill.

It is a scientific fact that you need to git gud before you can have legitimate input about Requiem's difficulty.

eremita

Savant
It is a scientific fact that you need to git gud before you can have legitimate input about Requiem's difficulty.
Its a scientific fact that there are no scientific facts.
o_O
:obviously:
That post is about theoretical models/paradigms (Newton's theory/Einstein's theory), not about scientific facts as a whole - it's out of context... Applied chemistry, biochemistry, neuroscience, physics etc. provides reliable scientific FACTS. Actually, those are the closest thing to the objective facts.

Also, that guy is religious and that's enough for me. :killit:

Last edited:

Heresiarch

Prophet

Simple. Use cover. See that rock way the fuck over there? Hide behind it. Stupid nubs.

31070-1-1360201403.jpg

Heresiarch

Prophet
Apparently the game will crash whenever it reaches 3.1GB of memory usage. WHAT A SHITTY GAME

Installed the ENBoost and fucking god it fixed EVERYTHING. I'm seeing shit like only 900MB of memory usage instead of 2.5GB now.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Its a scientific fact that there are no scientific facts.
o_O
:obviously:
That post is about theoretical models/paradigms (Newton's theory/Einstein's theory), not about scientific facts as a whole - it's out of context... Applied chemistry, biochemistry, neuroscience, physics etc. provides reliable scientific FACTS. Actually, those are the closest thing to the objective facts.

Also, that guy is religious and that's enough for me. :killit:
Which one does Requiem difficulty science fall into? :retarded:

Plus it doesnt change the fact that those "facts" could very well be wrong or inaccurate, as they often are, and well see someone debunk them or correct them. The truth is we dont know everything about anything, so claiming something is a fact is most likely a lie.
And before you go there the scientific method is a good idea, but has turned the scientific community into circle jerking idiots or mean spirited fucktards, they so closely resemble this site and its crowd that its scary. Also, its relies upon previous knowledge that could be proven mistaken down the line, so far from perfect.

PS: Judging someone for their beliefs of something neither them nor you can understand, mediocre fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom