Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

DraQ

Arcane
Any tips on when you should take on spriggans, where you can easily get fire stuff, etc? Hoping for a fire enchant weapon to pop up in a store so I can use it or learn the enchantment, I do less damage than it regenerates at the moment (level 9), and I'm starting to see a few near Falkreath.
Fire damage is good, either alone or combined with weapons. High burst damage is good. If my past suggestion has actually been incorporated already (author said it will) axes are good as well.

Running isn't half bad either.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kicked a few mods which might cause trouble and played for 3 hours without single CTD. :incline: Use Boss first than Wrye Bash which helps put mods in place and then create Bash.eps but only with leveled lists. Don't forget to DL unofficial Patches there were new versions of them a few days ago.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Sprigs don't have much health so you can keep the basic flames spell in one hand just to stop their regen while you attack with the other (same with trolls). Or you could get some fireball scrolls from a mage in the meantime.

Or you could sneak up on them with a bow.:troll:
Bow is useless unless it's (fire) enchanted.

Heresiarch

Prophet
4:30 hours of playing and no CTD. Max VRAM usage was 1850Mb. I hereby declare my Skyrim to be stable.

Lhynn

Arcane
I doubt there will be derp as it looks like its pretty simple by design, but that shit looks heavy as fuck, you sure your pc can handle it?

Drax

Arcane
Can anyone give me some feedback on the WARZONES - Civil Unrest mod? (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9494)

I'm thinking about giving it a try but I don't want any added derp. My shit's also in a nice stable spot so I don't want it freaking my installation out, either. I need to use Skyrim as a crutch until Witcher 3 comes out.
Like Lhynn said, it's a decent mod, but if you don't have a pretty good machine it may buttfuck your rig.
I'd say give it a try, if only to see your pc being sodomized.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Can anyone give me some feedback on the WARZONES - Civil Unrest mod? (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9494)

I'm thinking about giving it a try but I don't want any added derp. My shit's also in a nice stable spot so I don't want it freaking my installation out, either. I need to use Skyrim as a crutch until Witcher 3 comes out.

Go read its forums posts; Its support has been stopped for a long while and is very unstable to play now. And for such a complex mod it's very difficult to get rid of too. Don't use it.

For anyone using this mod, it can now be considered to be almost totally incompatible with 1.9 version of Skyrim. This mod was last updated for the 1.7/8 patch I believe and therefore, is fundementally lacking or having certain components which are now no longer supported with current Skyrim versions. Thus, this mod can be considered to be highly unstable. I am not critical of the author, nor am I not endorsing it, simply that it has become outdated. I had brief contact with the author who expressed the keen desire to continue modding, however, also illustrated his frustration at the generally obstinate, recalcitrantly uncooperative, unwilling or simply, perceptionless Skyrim community.
This mod is likely to cause a high level of crashes (unless run solo [unconfirmed]) due to the way it now handles Skyrim data. Consequently, any users using this mod are likely to experience large amounts of crashes and comprehensive game instability. It is a shame to see a mod with such ground-breaking potential to fix perhaps the most glarring and obvious issue in Skyrim, a lack thereof of a "civil wr" to dissappear. Apart from the "Civil War Overhaul" I have not seen a comparable attempt to fix the civil war issue and so, I regret to inform you, not officially, but inform never-the-less, this mod has unfortunately met its end. A long time ago, admittedly, but has. I am assuming that MGE no longer visits this thread and so, I strongly advise not spamming "crash issues" or recommendations. Good hunting and keep stable.

Immersive Patrols is a good substitute. It adds a few fights in the map, as well as the titular patrols (which will engage enemies if you're around when they meet each other). Never gave me any problem (apart from Dawnguard patrols not recognizing me as a vampire)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12977

I think you could combine it with a mod that spawns more NPCs for big clusterfuck battles, but I'm not sure.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Aight I'll check that one out. There are a whole list of these types of mods, so I should be able to come up with something that works similar enough.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I personally use Nexus Mod Manager. That plus non-overzealous mod installing (Rule numer 1: Never install multiple mods at the same time, always one, then test, then continue. If you don't you're pretty much an idiot) means I have zero problems.

Dunno, sometimes it's fun to fuck around and install random mods that look vaguely interesting, that's how I found Immersive Patrols which I really like. As long as you don't go full retard with the uninstall and break your saves, you have nothing to lose.

set

Cipher
Here's another dubious quality of Requiem: The Soul Cairn has "unique" enemies in it planted by the author. They're called "invisible entity" and just like their name, they are in-fact an invisible entity. You cannot physically see them. They are also completely silent. They also have about ten quadrillion health (they are level 75) and cause the AI of any companions you have to freak out and start attacking you.

It's not like this place needs more things to fight, at one point I was fighting ten to twelve skeletons at once, half of them being frost mages and archers with absolutely zero cover to hide behind in this desolate wasteland.

It's like the author of this mod doesn't want me to finish Dawnguard.

Gord

Arcane
I heard you can see them with the detect life spell.

Again, I don't mind the introduction of dangerous high-level enemies. In the case of the invisible entities however, the problem I see is that they don't get any proper introduction that allows a player to get used to the concept (which is fairly unique as far as TES goes).

Lancehead

Liturgist
Invisible Entities are not silent; their footsteps make sound. And Aura Whisper detects them.

I like them because for once there's an enemy that can get a drop on me. The only problem is that there's no easy way to expect them, so reload is how you deal with them.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Is dawnguard that bad? never even bothered playing it.
It's not bad per say. It's just not above the quality level of the rest of Skyrim. Not sure what bros were expecting there... Also, some people don't like the vampire lord stuff or the fact that there is one friendly NPC that you really should have the choice to kill, but don't, so "story on rails". How unusual in Skyrim. :roll:

I found it Good For What It Is™ on the whole. It adds 2 new factions and crossbows to the game, as well as gives vampire PCs a powerup and either path you choose, you'll get an awesome new stronghold.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom