Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Hellion

Arcane
MicroSoft can successfully market anything. If they announced a "first-person open-world Magic+Steampunk RPG sequel, from legendary RPG devs, coming to Xbox Pass" the soy would be too great no matter if one played the first Arcanum or not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Another positive review from a feminine animator:

5 Stars on Trip Advisor
Jun 23, 2022 - Animation Department in Tustin, CA

Pros

I only joined the company in the past few years but, the time I've been here has been incredible. The leadership team are extremely understanding and actually care about the employees. Work life balance is actually a thing here and not just a phrase they use. All of the people I've worked with are passionate about what they do, dedicated to creating a great product and genuinely solid humans. Since I got here, I've felt welcomed and valued rather than feeling like another cog in the development machine.
Although the company has grown quickly, the culture and values are still intact. It feels like working at a small studio but with the backing and dedication to create AAA titles. I've worked at a few big companies and can say, with out a doubt, this is one of the best places to work. Honestly, couldn't be happier with my position here.
Also, there are great snacks... Just saying.

Cons

There are SO many people called Chris.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You've all created such a great work environment, I wish more companies could be like this. *Heart emoji* *High five*
Hope all these good vibes result in a good game. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guess a person's weight by a quote.
Eh, artists tend to be a thin bunch. People can enjoy snacks in moderation.

Is she complaining regarding "Chris" because of what I think or?
Just the number of Chrises at inXile. Looking at linkedin search results there's Keenan, Wiedel, Thomas, Toups, Arnold, Warner, Howe, and Cunningham. Given the existence of Parker and Jones and the guy you're thinking of, quite a popular name there.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah, maybe prejudice got the better of me. She might be just a young, naive, lively, annoying humourless girl. By the way, isn't it easy to solve "Chris problem" within work enviroment by just calling them using their, you know, SECOND name?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, maybe prejudice got the better of me. She might be just a young, naive, lively, annoying humourless girl. By the way, isn't it easy to solve "Chris problem" within work enviroment by just calling them using their, you know, SECOND name?
It's just a joke man. She's not seriously bothered by it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a real chance this could be Arcanum 2? That would be pretty big shoes to fill and I have doubts Inxile could do it.
Well, Microsoft does own Activision now and Activision *is* the rights holder for Arcanum.
you expect Fargo to scrap everything they've built so far and restart the development as "Arcanum 2"?

Well, I was mostly being tongue in the cheek. Should have used :Mto better get that across.

That said, there are worse ideas.

ResetRPG

Novice
MicroSoft can successfully market anything. If they announced a "first-person open-world Magic+Steampunk RPG sequel, from legendary RPG devs, coming to Xbox Pass" the soy would be too great no matter if one played the first Arcanum or not.
Could definitely see the team bring Arcanum 1 back for a Enhanced Edition and port it to consoles like they did with the first Wasteland.

Would be awesome to see more people get into the series.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
inXile looking to compete with Reviewbrah:

Tune in to Jayce St. John's Survival Hour with the wasteland’s most macho survivor and 3-time world wrestling super champion Jayce St. John as he and Wasteland 3 Game Director David Rogers descend 16 million Scovilles-deep into a world of pain. Do they have what it takes to survive? They better!

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine

Brian's looking healthier.

Fargo has Anderson but he also needs to get Boyarsky and Cain from Obsidian(wasting time with silly games like outer worlds) to complete the orginal Fallout/Troika team. We need Arcanum 2, Blloodlines 2 and a proper Van Buren game. Also, throw in Avellone before he gets lazy and drunk once again. He has nothing better to do than wasting his time on twitter recounting the good old days.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
inXile looking to compete with Reviewbrah:

Tune in to Jayce St. John's Survival Hour with the wasteland’s most macho survivor and 3-time world wrestling super champion Jayce St. John as he and Wasteland 3 Game Director David Rogers descend 16 million Scovilles-deep into a world of pain. Do they have what it takes to survive? They better!

Disgusting. Imagine putting that stuff in your body even once. They killed a chicken to make this travesty? The disrespect.

“From one thing, know ten thousand things.”

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I couldn't really understand what they were saying? Can someone translate and give the me abridged of what they were doing?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I want BARDSTALE expansion. BTCS + Dragon Wars and more to the BTT. And toss in assets from older versions. Imagine playing c64 gfx with modern ui and speed.. hmmm. Unlock em all baby!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The documentary conveniently skips over the rough Tides of Numenera/Bard's Tale IV era :M The ending note is also corporate propaganda cringe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom