Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ryzer

Arcane
Still 0 news about InXile Arcanum project? Is it real, though? Sounds like gossip to me.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Still 0 news about InXile Arcanum project? Is it real, though? Sounds like gossip to me.
Maybe this?

7112a4964f.jpg

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Arcanum without Cain,Anderson and Boyarsky?Fuck no. That was their game.
Fargo should borrow Cain + Boyarsky from Obsidian because they are all under Microsoft and are wasting the few years they have left with making mediocre games like Outer Worlds.About time they give us finished version of Arcanum untill they get too old and senile. God knows where Anderson is but i don't think he would say no at the chance to reunite with his buddies. They could also throw Avellone a bone and he could write under an alias if they don't have the guts to make it public.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Arcanum without Cain,Anderson and Boyarsky?Fuck no. That was their game.
Fargo should borrow Cain + Boyarsky from Obsidian because they are all under Microsoft and are wasting the few years they have left with making mediocre games like Outer Worlds.About time they give us finished version of Arcanum untill they get too old and senile. God knows where Anderson is but i don't think he would say no at the chance to reunite with his buddies. They could also throw Avellone a bone and he could write under an alias if they don't have the guts to make it public.

While they share (or shared) professional and creative interests, based on interviews, none of the principal RPG designers from the 90s/early 2000s seem particularly close, including the Troika trio.

If I recollect properly, while living in basically in the same area, the friendship of the Troika trio is (or was) limited to trying to make time for one 'Troika' lunch every year to reminiscence about the good old days.

The situation might have changed somewhat, but for the most part they don't come across as friends.

jackofshadows

Magister
Fargo should borrow Cain + Boyarsky from Obsidian because they are all under Microsoft and are wasting the few years they have left with making mediocre games like Outer Worlds.
Implying Fargo didn't sell his ass to M$.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Wasteland 2 was solid. They haven't made anything good since. Wasteland 3 is crap. Numenera was TERRIBLE. Let them die with Sawyer.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Wasteland 2 was solid.
It had okay combat, but there was no story, no engagement. If the game was a guy, I'd say the guy was a burnout and an empty shell of a man who comes back 30 years later to repeat a feat he doesn't feel like repeating, gives it a half hearted attempt and fails because he's not the man he used to be, and doesn't have it in him to give another performance. In fact he's exhausted and has nothing to give at all.

I can't fathom why they released it at all. W2 is not what RPGs used to be. Can't they see? Can't you?

Wasteland 2 is an ok game, even if it misses what makes Fallout great. You can't expect people to make a masterpiece on demand. Such things are rare and there is always a chaotic spark behind them.

jackofshadows

Magister
Wasteland 2 was solid. They haven't made anything good since. Wasteland 3 is crap.
If W3 is crap then W2 is even bigger crap. At least W3 offers more coherent experience (also, more <> better) and in terms of presentation it's vastly superior.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wasteland 2 was solid. They haven't made anything good since. Wasteland 3 is crap.
If W3 is crap then W2 is even bigger crap. At least W3 offers more coherent experience (also, more <> better) and in terms of presentation it's vastly superior.

I can understand preferring W2 to W3, but not with that level of discrepancy. I prefer W3 to W2 in general, but I think W2 had better combat.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
What Wasteland 2 lacked was sufficient production values, in my opinion. It felt like an ambitious game held back by its budget and time constraints. Wasteland 3 on the other hand, felt like the complete opposite. They were both good for what they were, though.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
w2 & 3 suck because of full party creation
Why would that reason ever be a problem? People used to start BG1 & 2, and Icewind Dale 1 & 2 multiplayer games just to have full party creation for themselves; despite losing out on the prepared interactions of the pre-made party characters. I myself would make at least four PCs (in the Infinity engine games)—losing out on some of the friendships, and personality clashes between the many possible party member combinations, because custom PCs are silent aside from command barks.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
w2 & 3 suck because of full party creation
Why would that reason ever be a problem? People used to start BG1 & 2, and Icewind Dale 1 & 2 multiplayer games—just to have full party creation for themselves; despite losing out on the prepared interactions of the pre-made party characters.
not my fault those people are retarded

same people probably play D&D by themselves because they're autistic

Codex Year of the Donut
None of the interactions matter because you're just a group of faceless rangers. No shit it's worse than fallout and will never measure up to it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

W3 is the console version of W2. Just say you prefer console presentation with cancers of voice acting and cinematic dialogue. In terms of gameplay W3 is smaller, shorter and has less of everything.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If W2 came out what it is now with the Director's Cut it'd be hailed as one of the greatest RPGs ever. If you buy and play it now it's a fantastic party-based, turn-based, isometric RPG that captures the feel of late 1990s golden era better than D:OS or any other modern pretender. It's all you've ever wanted from Fallout 3 and much more.

Unfortunately the release version was unfinished, unbalanced and hilariously buggy and most people never went back and gave it another chance with the remaster. Too bad.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Unfortunately the release version was unfinished, unbalanced and hilariously buggy and most people never went back and gave it another chance with the remaster. Too bad.

Played it on release, it was very solid. Among the early kickstarter CRPGs it was the least bad actually.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
None of the interactions matter because you're just a group of faceless rangers. No shit it's worse than fallout and will never measure up to it.
Well what does? About the only other RPG that does is Planescape. I never expected Wasteland 2 to match those.
As for faceless rangers... WL2 does allow something niether Fallout or Planescape do—custom faces for the player character(s).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom