Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Vegas shooting mystery solved

F7mLUfv.png

Vatnik Wumao
The running out of ammo complaint is silly. Unless you're going full auto in every mission and regularly using LMG, you have more than enough ammo.

PanteraNera

Arcane
The running out of ammo complaint is silly. Unless you're going full auto in every mission and regularly using LMG, you have more than enough ammo.
The RNG can be silly, where it only drops you 9mm, 45cal & shotgun shells.
If you reload and do the same fight again, you could get all rifle ammo.
And a third time, something in-between.

A big income of ammunition is the auto-resolve with militia and there is people that know about that and use that and others that don't.

Also using weapons that use different calibers is making it way more easier.

Modron

Arcane
Not to mention melee is the strongest weapon in game, going full ITZ on any idiot who bothers to get close saves quite a bit of ammo.

Fargus

Arcane
Ammo is not much of a problem. But seems like its better to craft some armor piercing rounds early on. You can break down garbage like pipe bombs for bullet crafting materials.

I gave it another go, so far money is not a problem like last time, because i just stuck to captured towns and mines and trained militia to the max. I also believe i had wrong ideas about some game mechanics. But i feel pretty much the same about most of the combat encounters, quantity over quality and tiny maps. Another thing that gets on my nerves is scripted shit like multiple wave sieges or unkillable characters.

Most fun i had so far was when we attacked an outpost with hyena's breeding grounds without any planning. Most of my mercs got pinned down, but thank God we had Barry and his shaped charges and also rpg we took from a nigger early on... and lots of rockets for it that we farmed on one of the captured outposts that constantly was under attack. We got rushed by some retard with a crocodile named after a crocodile from russian cartoon.

Another amusing fight was when we attacked a swamp outpost and mid fight when we were whacking some moles, a patrol wandering around the area joined the fight and spawned right behind our backs, around 8 nigs. Thankfully they spawned very close together and were taken care of thanks again to Barry's shaped charges.

Other than what i mentioned before there was surprising lack of cringe and wokeness in the the writing. But can't say i like it either. Plot twists are just meh and predictable. But the merc banters and dialogue interjections still deliver.

Some screenshots below.

Really like Raider's personality in this game, despite shitty voice acting. He also dislikes that fat fuck Hitman Hennessy for hitting on Raven. Back in 2000s when i played Jagged Alliance 2 it even lead to lovestruck and frustrated Hitman leaving my squad like in some teenage drama.

Just for fun.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
You get a good machete very early on in fleatown as well. Almost as if the game's trying to tell you something.

Where exactly was it? I dont remember any machetes there. I did get a bunch of nice stuff from lootboxes, some books and even metaviron syringe.

Fargus

Arcane
I got Raven killed, and tried to recruit Raider a while later... it didn't go so well.

In my game Raider got machete in the face from some local rapist and died instantly in front of Raven. I think it was 140 damage lol.

But i reloaded because fuck that, dude has 91 leadership.

And Raven is too good of a sniper to lose.

PanteraNera

Arcane
looting is randomized
It highly is.

For example with the M.E.R.C. backpacks you can totally luck out and get a FAL, just after leaving tutorial island. Or just a diamond, a couple of skill magazines, a set of armor, crafting materials like a chip or a lens and so on. It is highly randomized.

Beowulf

Arcane
It's randomized, I haven't found there a machete in my 2 playthroughs. So going by that logic of his - if you find a pack of shotgun ammo instead, the game tells you that shotguns are OP.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You get a good machete very early on in fleatown as well. Almost as if the game's trying to tell you something.

Where exactly was it? I dont remember any machetes there. I did get a bunch of nice stuff from lootboxes, some books and even metaviron syringe.
It's in a crate near Lalee's house if I remember correctly.
The unique machete called "The Thing" is obtained from Luigi's bodyguard Joseph, which you can pick up after the fight between Boss Blaubert's gang and Luigi's gang, as long as Joseph dies in the battle. It has slightly more base damage than the regular machete (18 versus 16), a higher base critical hit chance (15% versus 5%), and a larger bonus to damage from the wielder's strength (unspecified).

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Other than what i mentioned before there was surprising lack of cringe and wokeness in the the writing. But can't say i like it either. Plot twists are just meh and predictable. But the merc banters and dialogue interjections still deliver.

Predicable plot comes with the genre I guess.
Where there ever any sofisticated plot twists in 90-ies action movies?
The moment you see Korazon with that scar on her no-nonse bitch face, like 5 minutes into the game, you know you'll end up in conflict with her.

The best melee weapon I found so far is The Thing, which you can get as early as in Good Place.
Is there anything better?

And one more pic to your collection of interactions with Chimurenga:
dsIWk3q.png

Edit: Looks like I was too slow mentioning The Thing.

Fargus

Arcane
Ivan called Igor a useless piece of shit, but he seems fun to keep around. Love the references.

Beowulf

Arcane
The best melee weapon I found so far is The Thing, which you can get as early as in Good Place.
Is there anything better?

You can sharpen a regular machete to get more base damage than the Thing. I think it still has more crit % though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Think I took a leap of faith here, gentlemen, cause what seemed to look like a cautious but still essentially just a road accident,
now is starting to look more like a work in progress, with the the potential to actually get somewhere.
As far as I'm concerned, just being able to mod out scramble turns would be sufficient to elevate it.
Could be possible, if only via a hackjob of giving everyone the equivalent of Fox's unique trait.
It would not be enough. Enemy groups are still blind and deaf and can be taken down at day time with magical stealth that basically lets you walk up to them and set overwatches (even easier with pause mods which is probably reason why it was not in the game). This plus shorter ranges of weapons (result of blind and deaf enemies) makes combat much worse than JA2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know its redundant to repeat here but seeing 'nu-xcom' system in jagged Alliance is simply disgusting. Living in the age of decline...
Don't listen to Archangel, he hasn't even played it and has no clue what he's talking about.
Hey fangirl. I've "played" enough to see your shit that you are eating.
I know this is your main cope mechanism but it is not working.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn. I tested the mod that gives full damage to assault rifles for burst and full automatic fire, and it surely changes things up for the better. Things die very quickly, and it actually puts fear in me when the AK guys approach. Wish I had discovered this mod way earlier. The only problem is that the AI is still way too suicidal. They keep running like lemmings straight into the killings fields. I hope someone can mod that AI and make them a bit more hesitant, maybe probe with one or two, not the whole squad.

Beowulf

Arcane
So, another pod bullshit that makes me regret playing Ironman:
1YZ4ngF.jpeg

Basically I talked to this working girls abuser and the AI turn started - before I could do anything Dr Q was slashed for critical 127 dmg.
Shit like this is unaviodable without savescumming or preapring in advance with multiple overwatches for every conversation, unless you know that you are perfectly safe (vide: savescumming)

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, another pod bullshit that makes me regret playing Ironman:
1YZ4ngF.jpeg

Basically I talked to this working girls abuser and the AI turn started - before I could do anything Dr Q was slashed for critical 127 dmg.
Shit like this is unaviodable without savescumming or preapring in advance with multiple overwatches for every conversation, unless you know that you are perfectly safe (vide: savescumming)
Tnx for beta testing this game for the rest of us. But again if you are playing ironman you will need to expect a few deaths

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit like this is unaviodable without savescumming or preapring in advance with multiple overwatches for every conversation, unless you know that you are perfectly safe

Just grenade them?

ArchAngel

Arcane
PanteraNera out of all decline here you are the biggest disappointment here. I always assumed you were this autistic hardcore gamer that only wanted the "True experience" based on how much you shit on and nitpicked Phoenix Point (like Sensuki that had a low res CRT monitor for true BG1 experience) but no, you are a hypocrite and like the rest. Such a shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom