Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 releasing on July 14th

Tyrion8338

Novice
I really liked ja2 and this new game looks rather promising, they even have original creaton on board.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
GiMYwC6.png

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Wow, I could have sworn that there was a Jagged Alliance 3 that got released about 7-8 years ago, and it was so universally reviled that it quickly disappered but I guess no such thing ever existed. I'm beginning to feel like a character in a Philip K. Dick novel with "false memories".

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Wow, I could have sworn that there was a Jagged Alliance 3 that got released about 7-8 years ago, and it was so universally reviled that it quickly disappered but I guess no such thing ever existed. I'm beginning to feel like a character in a Philip K. Dick novel with "false memories".
The Codex is actually a gateway linking myriad alternate realities; in yours, Jagged Alliance 3 bombed in the mid-10s, but in some of ours we're awaiting the release of a different JA3. :M

Modron

Arcane
You'll have to elaborate which third installment of Jagged Alliance do you mean: Crossfire, Back In Action, Flashback, Rage, or even Online?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/339640/Jagged_Alliance_Online_Reloaded/

This at one time was to be JA 3 supposedly:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
There's some record of an attempt at a circa-2010-2011 JA3 made by ex-Nival devs on a suped-up Storm Engine out there. Someone more prestigious than me'll have to dig up the full story, but screenshots of it surface if you go looking for them.
0577f5-51b1eebbe24a8-ci-A2-NDIDMDdf-Ym-Vl-YQ.jpg
1-t2-1.jpg
2220649-ja3-1.jpg
3-2.jpg
42526.jpg
7b1b80-51b1eebc1bcaa-ci-A2-NDIDN2-Jf-Ym-Ux-YQ.jpg
ddeb90-51b1eebbb8ab2-ci-A2-NDIDZGJf-Ym-Vi-Yg.jpg
ja3-3.jpg

VonHoffenHeimer

Educated
I'm so glad i have to listen to stupid black talk the whole trailer.

"Yo man, we be takin out da enemy an shiieet". Who can stand listening to this shit?

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
sorry to break it to you all but it'll be shit
You just know, don't you?

If they had any remaining masculinity they would have known to get an Arnold sounding voiceover or somebody who sounded like a fiery spirited soldier or mercenary.

That mistake alone tells you a lot about what they are doing in the back in development. Basically taking turns whacking each other off.

Quite a few guys from Fallout : New Vegas available with the right voices but they got this guy. The bad judgement shows.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Wasteland with Ivan and Scully? Might be ok. But that voiceover, wow. They couldn't even get a real black American, they went budget imitation. You can clearly hear his accent slip a few times, ruins immersion.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
My nigger fatigue is reaching levels hitherto thought impossible.

1) To have a VO on the trailer like that, either the devs are cucks or they genuinely think it's cool, in either case, it doesn't bode well for the game.
2) If it's not the devs themselves responsible for that, then they either chose and monitored the people who did it or they didn't, if they didn't choose and monitor the people who made the trailer, that's poor attention to detail, which doesn't bode well; if they did choose, then see 1)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My nigger fatigue is reaching levels hitherto thought impossible.

1) To have a VO on the trailer like that, either the devs are cucks or they genuinely think it's cool, in either case, it doesn't bode well for the game.
2) If it's not the devs themselves responsible for that, then they either chose and monitored the people who did it or they didn't, if they didn't choose and monitor the people who made the trailer, that's poor attention to detail, which doesn't bode well; if they did choose, then see 1)
The game takes place in an African country. If seeing and hearing black people in a game makes you recoil, you should avoid it entirely (though the point is that you'll be killing many of them).

PanteraNera

Arcane
If seeing and hearing black people in a game makes you recoil
I think the "woke-ism" is getting on some peoples nerve.
If a "stronk wimen" would have narrated the trailer, there would be probably the same reaction.
The thing is, no one knows why they (or the publisher!) has chosen to make the trailer as it is, so it is all highly speculative but who am I kidding, we are on the codex, either way:
:shitandpiss:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom