Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road Studio & Moebius Closed Down

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It will depend on if Activision will be total fucking dicks about it, or be reasonable. As long as she can make a GK4 by purchasing the trademark, so that the shit publisher is no way shape or from involved in the development of it, this would be good.
Well, the issue with having only the trademark would be that while she could use the GK name, she couldn't really use any of the content from previous entries in the series. It'd be an unfortunate necessity to negotiate with Activision in order to make a proper sequel with the original characters.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, the issue with having only the trademark would be that while she could use the GK name, she couldn't really use any of the content from previous entries in the series.
IIRC she already has the trademark, or at least has a share of the trademark, that was how she wrote the books way back, after having already split with Sierra. I remember she mentioned in an interview back in the early 2000s that both her and Vivendi (well, Activision now) need to come to an understanding to make more games, though she can still write books by herself. I don't know if the situation's changed since then.

trustno1code

Prophet
There's a "schedule" update with various events happening in the following days.

If anybody wants more Dean Erickson/GK2 action:

THURS, May 17 (?? date to be confirmed)
-- An extra special treat! Will Binder (director), Dean Erickson (Gabriel), Peter Lucas (Von Glower) and I will be having a chat session to shoot the shit about the GK2 production. How cool is that? We're going to be recording it earlier in the week and it may be podcast on the 17th. Still waiting for final confirmation on the podcast, but we WILL be doing this chat session and you WILL get to hear it this week!

Apart from that Jane's going to be popping up during a Gabriel Knight playthrough marathon, done by one of the (female :smug:) backers and the Double Fine Game Club playthrough of GK1 (those are on the 11th & 12th) and a Reddit with Robert Holmes on the 13th.

Keshik

Arcane
Finished her playthrough of GK and GK2, took her 23.5 hours. Right now there's another guy doing a run through of GK3 on that same channel.

Keshik

Arcane
She's doing a skype chat with Will Binder, Dean Erickson, Peter Lucas about GK2, first part is up -

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
I thought the homo-erotic undertones in GK2 were the fruit of the "b movieness" of FMV and accidental. It seems it was intentional.

o_O

Stabwound

Arcane
Dean Erickson is a fucking bro. It have a fond respect for the guy for being active with GK2 fan stuff almost 20 years later. Although Tim Curry is arguably the better GK, I would kickstart the shit out of a GK4 with Dean.

It's cool to hear from Van Glower again too.

likaq

Arcane
412K now, 5 hours to go. If they manage to reach 450K they will add:
extra 1000 lines of dialogue to flush out the game and we’ll record the main theme with a live orchestra

She have my 50$. Period. :)

LizardKing

Scholar
I upgraded my pledge.
Even her worst is better than pretty much anything these new (past 10 years) adventure game developers make.

likaq

Arcane
Well, they still have paypal running. 450K is still possible!

Keshik

Arcane
That was some surge in the last few days. Hope they can get to 450k via PayPal donations, I'd like that orchestra :)

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
I don't they will ditch their 450k plan because of such a small difference. They are likely going to get the difference through paypal though, lot's of people around the world didn't donate because Kickstarer requires paying through amazon.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
We'll find out soon enough, Jane & Robert are putting together a "final update" video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom