Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road Studio & Moebius Closed Down

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Oh I had no idea she was working with Signus Labs until your post, before I went to do a check on older Kickstarter updates. I guess we're going to have to wait for a fortnight for the next official word, because I'm searching on the official forums right now and there doesn't seem to be anything on their partnership with Signus Studios. Someone did ask a question along the lines of "Aren't you guys supposed to be working with Signus," but there's no reply to that.

-edit- Looks like we're not the only ones confused:
http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/showthread.php?509-A-bit-confused-on-who-is-doing-what

Signus worked on Lola and Lucy's Big Adventure, but maybe that's all they'd worked on before she decided they weren't the right people for Moebius and Mystery Game X?

Keshik

Arcane
Yeah that was a surprise, she had talked them up in a video in the past. Maybe they're doing the Mystery Game X ?

Stabwound

Arcane
Pandora Directive did it much, much, MUCH better. More and better gameplay. better FMV too.

Also GK3>GK2. The hatred people pile on 3 never ceases to amaze me (cue that utterly moronic Old Man Murray article)
My experience with GK3 mirrors Jaesun's GK2 mishap perfectly - I installed it, started it, tried to play it and then turned it off due to the horrible 3D. There might be a good game under it, but I've never found the strength to discover it (and the negative reviews on the net sapped my motivation, sadly).
And yes, Tex Murphy is also pretty great, but I only played the games later, so they do not get such a nice nostalgic reaction from me like the Beast Within (and the 3D first person world exploration with weird controls pisses me off, but I got over it).
Same with me. I love GK1 and 2, but I simply couldn't stand playing GK3 at all. It also didn't help that the game had some technical problems when I installed it on my new computer, including Gabriel walking through walls and the camera going 12946x too fast.

Fuck GK3 anyway.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
GK3 is a very good game, especially f you like French esoterism and Rennes-le-château. It just would have been much better with GK1 or 2 technology.

Keshik

Arcane
And still the wait for MGX goes on, although apparently there might be something in the next 2 weeks.

Stabwound

Arcane
So what the hell happened to this kickstarter? According to their page, the game was to be released this month. Is it dead in the water, or what? I can't read the updates because they're all for backers only.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You know I don't even remember a release date (I usually don't care because I assume they will possibly get delayed) and I don't care if it does get delayed.

Updates have basically been some art desktop pictures (that we get via email) but that is basically it so far.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I just had a look at the pinkerton road forums.

1. It seems the Moebius game might end up being episodic. It was initially going to be one game with 3 acts but now it may be devided into 3 episodes :
http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/show...-may-be-episodic&p=22740&viewfull=1#post22740
Jane Jensesn said:
Hi, guys --

We haven't fullly decided yet, but yes, Moebius has basically 3 acts which *may* be released episodically. That would help us spend a little more money on the game since we would have some income coming in while the last episode is being done. However, honestly, that hasn't been decided yet. In any case, our backers will definitely get the entire game and the boxed version, which will have the entire game in one box.

Jane

I thought the kickstarter pitch was for a full game:
Size: Moebius will be about the size of GK1 – 50 rooms with 10-20 hours of gameplay (depending on your level and gameplay mode).

2. The developing studio has changed. Initially it was some Russian studio called Signus lab, but now they've been canned and Phoenix Online (the guys that made Cognition) are on the job:
http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/showthread.php?509-A-bit-confused-on-who-is-doing-what

Hey Jaesun isn't there a special backer forum for Moebius ? I Can't seem to find one.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Pinkerton-CSG-Members-Only-Forum

Update 34 has the password. Not much in there though.
February update said:
Next Month:
* Some final cut scene and game footage with the real voices! (yay!)
* Playable chapter 1 Venice game section by end of March (our first beta)
* Stuff from our Open House (it's March 30, so I'll probably do an update Mar 31)

MGX:
I am expecting to hear something definitive in the next few weeks... will do an update as soon as I have a greenlight.

kaizoku

Arcane
Damn thread bumping.
I was hoping that MGX had been finally revealed.

I'm ok with the episodes.
It's not ideal, but it would hopefully help in making a better game.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I wonder if they expected their kickstarter to get what DFA got and now have hit some trouble with the game due getting only 435k.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if they expected their kickstarter to get what DFA got and now have hit some trouble with the game due getting only 435k.

Well, they shouldn't have expected much more. Their pitch was very vague at first and they were just selling "a couple of new adventure games from our newfledged studio, we haven't decided yet on what they'll be."

If their pitch was about a "Moebius, a Gabriel-Knight styled adventure" (focus on Gabriel Knight), they had done some very basic pre-production and prepared a tight pitch, they could have gotten as much as DFA, I believe. I mean the most enticing thing in their videos was Jane's daughter.

Stabwound

Arcane
Hmm. Malakai Rectum?

It's not really what I expected, it just looks like Grey Matter, which was a game that turned me off enough that I couldn't play it even though I love the Gabriel Knight games. At least this doesn't look as puke-inducing as GK3. The storyline sounds decent, so hopefully it's at least a good storyfag game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The animations are a tad.... stiff? But I don't give a shit. I'm looking forward to the story. And very curious how she will approach some game design with her hands freely allowed to do whatever the hell she wants.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
bXC5xjj.png

Dreamworks face

DeepOcean

Arcane
Those 3d graphics are gorgeous in comparison with GK 3 and if I managed to survive the bugs, stiff animations and terrible early 3d to enjoy the story and the puzzles on GK 3, it is going to be easy to ignore the graphics on this one.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I thought the kickstarter pitch was for a full game:
Size: Moebius will be about the size of GK1 – 50 rooms with 10-20 hours of gameplay (depending on your level and gameplay mode).
I remember that she said on the forums that she was thinking about dividing the game on episodes, but nothing confirmed yet.She said also that in case of the game being divided on episodes, the backers are going to get all the episodes when they are released, only non-backers have to pay for each episode. I guess it is a way to get more money into the project.

kaizoku

Arcane
Malakai Rectum?
srly?
Even Malakai Uranus sounded better... :smug:

It looks good to me. I am not bothered by the animations.
It won't be what will make the game fail or succeed.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks okay, Jane, but now show us Gray Matter 2 :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom