Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Japanese games are shit. Here's why.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Alexandros said:
Mrowak said:
About sexual content - yeah its shit. I already stated in WW's lp thread that I would prefer SRance not to have it or minimise ot. It is still an excellent game and solely because of that I can look past its flaws.

I completely understand. The problem for me is that I can't do the same. As I wrote above, the setting of a game, the tone, the atmosphere, the general vibe are important to me. If I don't like these elements, it's quite possible I won't play the game at all, especially if I feel that they considerably cheapen the overall experience.

That's fair enough. The very reason why I'm not playing games as much as I used to is that in the face of idiocy and blandness of the setting I cannot suspend my disbelief. It is hardly possible to get any enjoyment from a story/setting driven game, to get "emotionally attached" to characters when you intellect screams "bullshit, crap, idiocy, wtf was that i don't even" in 5 minut intervals at every imbecility that transpires on the screen. I feel your pain here :( However, this might apply to any given game (SC2 for instance) not only japanese titles.

In my case SRance is an exception - if you had told me 5 months ago that I would enjoy a hentai game or that there are hentai games I could enjoy I would have called you an Andhaira. Again, I wrote about the strong points of this game in another thread - if its not enough for you to give it a spin and like it - I can easily understand that. :salute:

@Black Cat

Your post warrants some detailed, well-thought reply that I simply have no time to write at the moment. Will catch up with you on that later.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave said:
Ah, but you see, those are females in the picture, Nameless One aside. The low testosterone levels present in Japanimation male heroes render them incapable of sporting a bald look and stubble, which as we know is one of the only manly looks acceptable for protagonists, next to buzz-cuts. Japanese faggotry still stands.

/oobaeew

Leaving this image here:
1060-vagrant-story-ashley-riot-1280x960-customity.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Leotards are actually a very Western thing. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

But hair with two long antenna that... well, cockroach hair? Definitely Japanese.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
La Chatte Noire said:
Is Le Petit Furet playing Recettear? Your Kawaisa rating just went up five ranks, i say. Keep this up and you'll turn into a huggable plush ferret.

You bet I am. I even pre-ordered it though I only started playing it recently due to some constraint. I'm not a fan of the cutesy anime look but it doesn't bother me as long as it has no highly retarded elements, and the demo showed that I could expect standard fare. Nothing ground-breaking but it gives good and honest entertainment. The various dialogs also help to keep things interesting but I wonder if this is due to the translation or if the original dialogs also had the self-aware quality of referencing other video games or internet/gamer jargon.

Anyway. There is a lot of retardation in anime but then again I'm not blind enough to not see that it applies to pretty much everything else. And then once in a while I stumble upon a movie like Memories by Katsuhiro Otomo, which reaffirms that greatness can come from anywhere.

roll-a-die

Magister
treave said:
Ah, but you see, those are females in the picture, Nameless One aside. The low testosterone levels present in Japanimation male heroes render them incapable of sporting a bald look and stubble, which as we know is one of the only manly looks acceptable for protagonists, next to buzz-cuts. Japanese faggotry still stands.

/oobaeew
You know what, I'm going to have to bring up naruto, and I hate doing that, but it's pretty much the defacto massively popular on current times jap faggotry Anime.

Killer_bee.jpg

Current_Raikage.PNG

Ibiki.PNG

Onoki.PNG

Satetsu.JPG

Ginji.JPG

Those are all in color because I know the codex are GFX whores.

roll-a-die

Magister
Alexandros said:
Sadly I'm no expert on art, but I'll take a shot at it. Based on the screenshots you provided, here's what I think classifies them as "anime style":

1. Highly stylized hair. Almost every character has hair that look like the ones on posters at a hair salon.
In the case of something like Naruto that's often intended, as Kishie was going to be a stylist, before being drawn to being a mangaka.
2. Adolescent looks. Almost all of the younger characters look like they're 12 years old. Bone structure and physique in particular is almost the same for every character, ie that of a teen (at best).
Often the fact is that anime/manga style is often HEAVILY abstracted, due to limitations and cost's of the printers. At least that's how it was originally, before it became affordable to do higher quality art, the style caught on.
3. Lack of detail in facial features. That is the most telling, since almost every face is so plainly (and cleanly) designed that it bears no relation to reality.
As above.
4. Every character looks like they have make-up/mascara on and that even the males pluck out their eyebrows. There are certain signs of an effeminate look even in male characters.
Look down. I posted a popular japshit manga, most of the character's there have very little feminism to them. To go a few steps further, these are from another popular jap shit anime, known mostly for big tits and bishonen,
Braincolour.JPG

Gildarts_lost_limbs.jpg

Juracard.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know what, I'm going to have to bring up naruto, and I hate doing that, but it's pretty much the defacto massively popular on current times jap faggotry Anime.

Trap sprung, this topic now contains a string of Naruto screens. The descent into Weeaboo Codex is now almost complete. :smug:

Ah, Fairy Tail is awesome. Great shounen.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, the man understand what's wrong with One Piece faggotry and produce what's needed in Fairy Tail. Massively :incline: of his.

There's still faggortries inside, of course, but overall it's mile better than OP.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, the guy who did Dragon Ball did One Piece. Fairy Tail was done by the guy who did Sailor Moon and Inuyasha.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
http://www.mirtna.org/pics/hair-hair-long-beautiful-hair.jpg

What the fuck? Except for the third and fourth (who are, after all, from fantasy games, of which one is obviously inspired by anime, while in Japanese games pretty much anybody has dumbshit hairstyles) they look like hairstyles that a normal person could have. And TNO hardly has an outrageous hairstyle. It's fucking dreads, that's all. Trying way too hard to defend your faggotry.

It's obvious that the west is guilty of a lot of shit too. Nobody denied it. But it's also quite obvious that the shit is predominant in the east. Obvious if you're not a weaboo of course, because for a weaboo slightly smaller eyes automatically means a whole new original style.

Because it works both ways, you see.

How does it work both ways? Not everything in west is animu faggotry because a couple of exceptions like Bastion was what I said. How would that be the other way? Not everything in east is animu faggotry if the majority is animu faggotry? Well, no shit, the point is still the majority is still animu or inspired by it. Or are you gonna tell me anime is an exception in the east too. :roll:

Can you point the elements where this retarded cutesy look is present, please?

Already did. Reading is teh hard.

That's not an argument. That's a proposition.

I'm sorry, what? Really, is that another way of saying I have no idea about art direction (nice that you consider yourself artsy... so fitting) so just I'm gonna deny this argument?

an anime like game or not by that description?

Who the fuck cares? OH MY GOD JUST CHARACTARS R ANIMEEE GAEM IS SO ORIGINAL AND IZ NOT ANMEE!!!

Sorry, still inspired by anime, still faggotry.

which as we know is one of the only manly looks acceptable for protagonists, next to buzz-cuts.

:retarded: I'm sure you played games before those listed in that picture with western characters, yes? Well, maybe no, since you seem to be a weaboo faggot too.
Either way, I'd rather play a bald marine than an orphan faggot who could pass for a woman anytime.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, that was lame. Clearly he was just rehashing his Dragon Ball work under the guise of TMNT. Transformations and magical blasts? Jeez.

FeelTheRads said:
I'm sure you played games before those listed in that picture with western characters, yes? Well, maybe no, since you seem to be a weaboo faggot too.
Either way, I'd rather play a bald marine than an orphan faggot who could pass for a woman anytime.

Sensitive much, bro? I didn't say you liked bald men. :( No need to get so touchy feely.

laclongquan

Arcane
From what I stated Is whoever the mangaka important to the point?

One man make One Piece. The other man see what's wrong with One Piece and fix that, produce a hugely different manga in term of storyline, characters but keep the art style pretty much alike.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This thread required some quality art. Posting something just because it's high in popularity between common retards isn't smart idea.

Yes I talked about that anime that was not One piece.

FeelTheRads said:
Because it works both ways, you see.

How does it work both ways? Not everything in west is animu faggotry because a couple of exceptions like Bastion was what I said. How would that be the other way? Not everything in east is animu faggotry if the majority is animu faggotry? Well, no shit, the point is still the majority is still animu or inspired by it. Or are you gonna tell me anime is an exception in the east too. :roll:

:lol:

It's like watching a Volourn flower bloom

Whatever. Keep googling shonen and Final Fantasy pics and pretending you know about the "obvious majority" if that makes you feel less threatened.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This thread required some quality art.

Good one. Your humor amuses me.

Whatever. Keep googling shonen and Final Fantasy pics and pretending you know about the "obvious majority" if that makes you feel less threatened.

Yeah, sorry, both you and BC were asked to provide examples. You barely could name a couple of which most if were not straight anime were at least influenced by it. But I'm sure the majority is not anime, you just have problems finding it. :roll:

Phelot

Arcane
I must say that Japanese games DO look the same. They all seem to have the same style...

Not saying the West is any better with their WoW graphics...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Were not some anime styles influenced by games? On the other side Disgaea the anime was quite different from Disgaea the game. They killed the funny and highly artistic look and feel of all Disgaea characters.

In somewhat related note. Disgaea 4 limited edition would cost 115$. Disgaea 4 normal edition would cost 85$. It looks like fight against computer piracy was sufficient to allow rise in prices.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In the vein of my original request (which nobody as deigned to answer), we can have a direct comparison between the best western art versus the best Japanese art, and see which has the least amount of faggotry in it. I don't see how posting the worst for either side is going to help resolve this argument.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom