Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
https://www.tumblr.com/jesawyer/702211769362415616/is-oei-tools-publically-available-for-purchase-or

doctorkaboose asked:
Is OEI tools publically available for purchase or is it purely an Obsidian thing? If not, are there any free resources you could point people towards in terms of branching dialogue tools?

OEI Tools is not available for purchase/public use (it is used by some other XBox studios and it has been licensed in the past, but it's never been publicly available).
You can get a free version of articy.draft 3 if you'd like to experiment with branching dialogue systems.

Which other Xbox studios other than inXile?
Beth might want to use it. Playground could be using it for Fable; sure in those games you're only able to communicate through expressions, but that would still involve branching on behalf of the NPCs, wouldn't it?

https://www.tumblr.com/jesawyer/702211769362415616/is-oei-tools-publically-available-for-purchase-or

doctorkaboose asked:
Is OEI tools publically available for purchase or is it purely an Obsidian thing? If not, are there any free resources you could point people towards in terms of branching dialogue tools?

OEI Tools is not available for purchase/public use (it is used by some other XBox studios and it has been licensed in the past, but it's never been publicly available).
You can get a free version of articy.draft 3 if you'd like to experiment with branching dialogue systems.

Which other Xbox studios other than inXile?
Beth might want to use it. Playground could be using it for Fable; sure in those games you're only able to communicate through expressions, but that would still involve branching on behalf of the NPCs, wouldn't it?
Arkane and Doublefine also seem like possibilities.

Wunderbar

Arcane

lMsLo4a.png

yikes.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
At this point, all I want is for him to be so distracted from doing other shit he never works on another video game again. This may be the case with him getting shelved, but we'll see.

There are hopes that Microsoft loses its shit and performs mass firings of senior staff over there at Obshitian. At this point, I'm kinda hoping for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.tumblr.com/jesawyer/706650739267846144/whats-your-take-on-all-this-ogl-stuff
otter-blogger asked:
What's your take on all this OGL stuff?

Dumb and short-sighted, but par for the course when money people get involved. The attempts at spinning it are particularly ridiculous and no one is buying it.
I only have a little bit of experience working within the tabletop RPG sphere, but I have to say that as bad as videogame publishers can be, the most soulless people I've encountered in the broader industry are on the tabletop publishing side. Unless someone working as a tabletop publisher is reading this - you're great, of course.
Obviously someone has to worry about the bottom line, especially in an industry notorious for losing money, but when that becomes the only thing they care about - oof, what a rough way to suffocate everyone else's love for something.
No matter how great and passionate and forthright the individual devs and designers are, the people in charge can always ruin a good thing. Of course, that's true for every industry; it's just really on display right now.

https://www.tumblr.com/jesawyer/706718989499400193/do-seki-and-aedyran-belong-to-the-same-language

impoffreemarket asked:
Do Seki and Aedyran belong to the same language family? Rekke seems to pick up Aedyran fairly quickly, even if he struggles at times, something that is really hard to do if you're not in the same or close language group to your target language. Is it possible they were the same language, but diverged due to Yezuha's isolation from outside world?

Seki and Aedyran are completely unrelated. Kate wrote Rekke as being particularly adept at learning new languages, with an implication that he is already a polyglot.

Harthwain

Magister
It's hilarious. I guess some people want to emulate "Drums in the deep" style so hard they fail to realize when to stop for it to make sense.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
tfw you stooped so low as to put a Story Mode in your game
That was forced on him. He was a strong proponent of forcing players to step up, even if playing on easy was the best they could manage.

Wait... did I accidentally play "story mode" on Pentiment? How do I enable the game play?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom