Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Intriguing survival/"sims-like" (?) about abandoned children trying to survive in a ruined city. $20 is too much for me to back but they will be hitting goal already. Should be interesting to check out in a year or two, see what they come up with. Demo available.

lightbane

Arcane
ntriguing survival/"sims-like" (?) about abandoned children trying to survive in a ruined city. $20 is too much for me to back but they will be hitting goal already. Should be interesting to check out in a year or two, see what they come up with. Demo available.

Tried this. Quite basic at the moment, but it's promising. Not recommended for those who have actual children since the game is definitively not happy, but probably not an issue for most Codexers.

Tried that a little. It's a grittier, darker and edgier FTL, with similar features and flaws.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ters-have-raised-almost-usd10m-so-far-in-2018

Video game Kickstarters have raised almost $10m so far in 2018
Total money pledged reaches three-year high, but number of campaigns drops to six-year low and success rate remains steady

Fresh analysis from ICO Partners shows that video games projects on Kickstarter have secured close to $10 million in backing since the year began.

The consulting firm has published its latest half-year analysis of funding generated through the leading crowdfunding site, which shows the amount of money raised in the first half of 2018 is on par with that achieved during the same period last year - up by just $400,000 to $9.82 million.

While only a slight uplift over H1 2017, the firm reports this is the highest amount of money pledged during a first half since 2015. However, it also notes the number of campaigns launched since January 1st came in at just 723 - the lowest for a first half of the year since 2012.

In fact, this is 13 per cent down compared to the number of campaigns launched in H2 2017, which was only 5% down from the previous half. ICO Partners noted that this is likely caused by "creators with the inability to put together a good campaign moving away from crowdfunding as it is now understood how much work is required to manage a successful Kickstarter."

The number of projects reaching their funding goal has actually remained relatively flat; at 166 projects for H1 2018, compared to 168 for the previous half. This is also down on the 179 projects fully funded in the first half of 2017. The ratio of funded projects has seen a slight uptick following the decline in the number of campaigns, up to 23 per cent - the highest since the second half of 2013.

Looking at the amounts raised by each campaign, only three raised more than $500,000 - although this is the highest since the second half of 2016. Two of these raised more than $1 million each, accounting for more than a fifth of that $9.82 million total.

There were also more projects raising between $50,000 and $100,000 than there were in either half of 2017. However, the number of projects raising between $10,000 and $50,000 and those raising less than $10,000 were at their lowest point since 2013.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I backed this. It looks like a fun roguelite-whatever in the vein of NEO Scavenger, with a great setup:
Island is a roleplay and strategy game where you play as a castaway in the eighteenth century. Inspired by Daniel Defoe's "Robinson Crusoe" and Jules Verne's "L'île mystérieuse" (Mysterious Island) style and setting.
eac25dc2e0ef1fef43652ad6625b185c_original.png

The pitch really gives the impression that the team has its shit together in terms of scope; there's more than enough information on the KS page for me to feel like I could make an informed decision on backing it, which honestly ranks pretty damn high on the list of what I'm looking for in a KS project. It was also pretty cheap at 10 Euros. Hope this makes it. It even looks good! Oh, and it's also fully turn based.
It's at €1,889 of a €3,000 goal, with 20 days to go.
I really hope they don't meet the stretch goals, though:
624a5fdf435fbadeec353f5ad8470b75_original.png

It's hard to imagine a scenario more antithetical to multiplayer than this. :?
Unless of course it is a 2-player co-op mode where one of the two plays as Wilson the volleyball.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/674930/Boyfriend_Dungeon/

Features.png

• Beautiful weapons to romance with unique personalities
  • Procedurally generated dungeons and varied combat styles
  • Each weapon feels and plays differently
  • Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality - male, female, and non-binary romance
  • Precious memories created with your lovers can save your life in the dunj
What_Is_This.png

For your summer job, you’re tasked with clearing the creatures in “the dunj”. Soon you discover weapons you find transform into cuties… and they’re SINGLE! (What a craaazy coincidence because you also happen to be up for grabs yourself.)

Spend the cash you earn on romantic outings to forge precious moments with your lovers and work together to clear the rampant monster infestations, because after all, a couple that slays together, stays together.

steam.jpg

Bae_Blades.png

• Épée (Isaac): the sharpest dresser
  • Dagger (Valeria): tired of backstabs
  • Talwar (AJ): worried he’s becoming an antique
  • Lasersaber (Seven): it's hard to get a handle on him
  • And more revealed as we go …!
bfd4.5.jpg

Remember Last Epoch?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch

Alpha is Here. Become the Traveler!

Hello, Travelers! Today is a very exciting announcement day for us at Eleventh Hour Games. We’ve been hard at work over the past 3 months listening to your feedback, improving systems, and creating new content. And now for the moment we’ve all been waiting for…

Alpha is here!
Alpha access is now available to Kickstarter backers Elder and above and by purchasing an Ancient Champion Alpha pack or above on www.lastepochgame.com/supporters.

What’s New in Alpha?

• New areas to explore which are the first areas of the real campaign
  • Mastery system redesign, including 5 new mastery classes (15 total!)
  • New skills and visuals
  • New monsters
  • New AI
  • New chat system
  • New game launcher and patcher
  • And much more… read the full patch notes here.
Last Epoch encourages our Traveler Community to stream and showcase the game for discussion, but keep in mind that all systems are still under development and will improve based on your feedback. And now with our new patcher, updates and fixes will be implemented faster than ever!

To give feedback, join our Discord or post on our forums.

Ready to download the Alpha? Check out the full install guide here: https://lastepochgame.com/support/article/how-to-install-the-alpha/

If you have any issues, please send us an email at support@lastepochgame.com.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Metroidvania + Ninja-action

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom