Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was hoping for that to happen eventually. It will probably be cringe, but I'll still play it. :)
It's not professional quality but the general level of cringe is surprisingly low. Most VAs aren't just neckbeard enthusiasts mumbling into their headphone mics, they're relatively talented amateurs and some of them are even legit actors (albeit young and aspiring), like Henry, by far the best of the bunch.

But good old fashioned cringe is definitely there. As with the game in general, the lows are p. low.

Gerrard

Arcane
I just found that pepiks are making dubbing for KCD, finally, i hope that sequel will have czech dub from the start.

Massive incline, but the complete disconnect from lip sync is pretty bad.

Also, the fact that it's not Warhorse who did it is pure :decline:.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just found that pepiks are making dubbing for KCD, finally, i hope that sequel will have czech dub from the start.

LMAO, the initial scene with Kobyla and Istvan was so cringy it kinda reminded me of the opening scenes in the Czech dubbing of Operation Flashpoint ("Kecy, Češi by neporazili ani tým školaček. Debile! Kozlowski, já to poslouchal...") - and those were super cringe if you are wondering. Some other stuff was actually surprisingly good though, so it might be worth a try (and not just for the lulz).

Anyway, I found it kinda surprising that Vávra didn’t make a professional Czech dubbing from the start (since it was fucking superb in the first Mafia, which actually had some celebrity actors in the cast). I remember reading somewhere many years ago, that the STALKER devs originally didn’t want to make an Ukrainian language version for the Shadow of Chernobyl, but THQ basically forced them to add it. Nothing like that happened here even though there are all these people who apparently prefer the "native" language with subtitles (like playing AC2 with Italian dub etc)...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
unknown.png

:dead:
It's easy, because one is actual Latin, the other 2 are gibberish

I figured as much and tried picking the options that looked like proper latin to me but uh... the Monk was not impressed.

Paul_cz

Arcane
nyway, I found it kinda surprising that Vávra didn’t make a professional Czech dubbing from the start
It would have taken about 5 months to record everything in sufficient quality and the designers would have to be present (as they already were for english voice acting to give direction). Opportunity cost of doing czech voice acting was too high for too little benefit and Warhorse barely managed to get the game out in time without going bankrupt as it is. And after release, same calculation was made...do we dedicate manpower to something few people will appreciate, or focus on DLC/New project? Czech voice acting logically lost out.

That said I would not be surprised if the second game had it, now that Warhorse is part of Embracer group, KCD is a proven success and they might not be in such time crunch.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just hope they aren't gonna call it "Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2" :lol:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2: The Return of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Gerrard

Arcane
Explain why there are German and French dubs then.

Should've made a new kickstarter for the Czech one.

Last edited:

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Anyway, I found it kinda surprising that Vávra didn’t make a professional Czech dubbing from the start
This is a Czech game.
The lack of Czech voice acting says a lot about the intentions of the developers.
They weren't making a game for Czechs, they were making a game for Westerners to advertise Czech culture and inscribe it in Western history.
I remember reading somewhere many years ago, that the STALKER devs originally didn’t want to make an Ukrainian language version for the Shadow of Chernobyl, but THQ basically forced them to add it.
The Ukrainian language is actually the Poltava dialect of the Russian language.
The modern Russian literary language (which is called the Russian language) is an artificial language created by intellectuals from the territory of modern Ukraine, Belarus and Croatia, it was a project to create an inter-Slavic language on a Russian (modern Ukrainian and Russian) basis. Modern Russian (literary Russian) is mutually intelligible with the Ukrainian Galician dialect (there are different words, but they can be easily understood in meaning; this is not the case in other Slavic languages). The modern Ukrainian language is incomprehensible even to many Ukrainians, because it is analogous to the language "scots" (surzhik from Polish and Russian) for the Gaels.

Modern Russian (literary Russian) is mutually intelligible with the Ukrainian Galician dialect (there are different words, but they can be easily understood in meaning; this is not the case in other Slavic languages).

If you speak Russian, please let me know what this dude says.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Long ago there were no Czech or Russian or Slovak or whatever languages as we know them now, just a jumble or regional Slavic dialects and slangs, in some corners mixed with German, Greek or whatever else. Just a big ol' mess.

So p. much all current, official Slavic languages are "artificial", in the sense that at some point a bunch of linguist codified a body of grammar and vocabulary cooked from one or more of those dialects, mixed in their own ingredients, called it "Slovak" or "Czech" or "Russian" and demanded everyone uses it from now on.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Long ago there were no Czech or Russian or Slovak or whatever languages as we know them now, just a jumble or regional Slavic dialects and slangs, in some corners mixed with German, Greek or whatever else. Just a big ol' mess.
Damn, there is a Russian language. The language taught in universities.
In Russian textbooks, it is called "Russian literary language". In the Russian literary language there are no dialectisms and obscene words. You see, it doesn't even have the word "ass". A joke is connected with this: "there is an ass, but there is no word for it."
If you take any Russian book published in Russian before 1960, or a book that contains a description of the life of some Russian sub-ethnic community, then you will find a dictionary of dialect words.
To understand the difference between the artificially created Russian language and the living Russian language, open Tolstoy's novels in the original (they were written in literary Russian) and open the Dictionary of the Welikorussian Language by Vladimir Dahl to understand the difference between the literary language and the language that was used in daily use at the time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, there is a Russian language. The language taught in universities.
In Russian textbooks, it is called "Russian literary language". In the Russian literary language there are no dialectisms and obscene words. You see, it doesn't even have the word "ass". A joke is connected with this: "there is an ass, but there is no word for it."
If you take any Russian book published in Russian before 1960, or a book that contains a description of the life of some Russian sub-ethnic community, then you will find a dictionary of dialect words.
To understand the difference between the artificially created Russian language and the living Russian language, open Tolstoy's novels in the original (they were written in literary Russian) and open the Dictionary of the Welikorussian Language by Vladimir Dahl to understand the difference between the literary language and the language that was used in daily use at the time.

But what you're describing applies to literally every codified language.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded

I'm just not a philologist.
Philologists are the only people who can legally make a living with their tongue and hands.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist this obscene joke. But these guys really believe that their science prevails over genetics and archeology!)

I have heard something about the reforms of the Galic-Romance language in Frankia, I know about the promotion of modern English by Shakespeare and all these playwrights who actually worked for the politics of Anglo-Saxonism (under the Welsh Tudors and Scots Stewarts!!!), but I do not possess knowledge of the history of these languages. I'm only talking about what I know. Or what I think is what I know.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
So you're telling me that you can understand this, but Polish, Czech or Serbian is not intelligible for you?

But the Poles and Serbs have their own rich history, these peoples have their own ambitions. The Poles claimed and are claiming dominion over the entire Salvan world, the Serbs are the descendants of the ancient Macedonians and come from the Chatal Huyuk culture, there are very few real Slavs, all the Serbs I saw had olive skin and black hair. They, like the Bulgarians, are descendants of the ancient pre-Aryan population of Europe.
The Serbs even have a different mentality than the Russians. Russians and Slavs are very hot-tempered, Serbs accumulate emotions in themselves, so that they can explode later.
Despite this, I respect the Serbs. I also respect other Anatolian peoples, such as Armenians. Among the Armenians, by the way, as well as among the Serbs, there are very few Aryans, but they are. There are Armenians who are similar to the inhabitants of the Middle East, they are the descendants of the inhabitants of Urartu. Those Armenians who were Aryans and conquered this land, live modestly in Armenia and Turkey, they have blonde hair and blue eyes, they do not look like your Armenians from Glendale, but at the same time, among the "black Armenians" these people are most respected as "real Armenians", just like blond Serbs, are the most honored in "black Serbia".

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm just not a philologist.
Philologists are the only people who can legally make a living with their tongue and hands.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist this obscene joke. But these guys really believe that their science prevails over genetics and archeology!)

I have heard something about the reforms of the Galic-Romance language in Frankia, I know about the promotion of modern English by Shakespeare and all these playwrights who actually worked for the politics of Anglo-Saxonism (under the Welsh Tudors and Scots Stewarts!!!), but I do not possess knowledge of the history of these languages. I'm only talking about what I know. Or what I think is what I know.
Ok. I don't understand how this is an answer to what I said, but ok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom