Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Smejki What's up with the radio silence on KCD2? It's been what, 3 years, since KCD came out? Gotta have something to wet our appetites by now. I know the popular marketing model is to release the bulk of advertising/etc closer to release, but you gotta slow roll people too. :)

Are you expecting Smejki to make the high-level executive decision to announce KCD2 on the Codex tomorrow?

Smejki What's up with the radio silence on KCD2? It's been what, 3 years, since KCD came out? Gotta have something to wet our appetites by now. I know the popular marketing model is to release the bulk of advertising/etc closer to release, but you gotta slow roll people too. :)

Are you expecting Smejki to make the high-level executive decision to announce KCD2 on the Codex tomorrow?

No, I expect him to get up, walk over to Vavra, who is probably shitposting in Shoutbox, and get permission first. :smug:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

No, I expect him to get up, walk over to Vavra, who is probably shitposting in Shoutbox, and get permission first. :smug:
Decisions on that level are certainly not up to Vavra anymore and probably not even up to Warhorse. Announcements and release dates are decided at Koch, if not Embracer.

Funposter

Arcane
Good luck selling a game to western audiences where your main character is named Grzegorz Sójka and comes from village called Krzyżanowice.
A Pole goes to an optometrist for a check-up. He's asked to read a board with the following letters:

CZWINZNOSTACZ

The optometrist asks, "Can you read it?"

"Read it," says the Pole, "I know the guy!"

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Warhorse CEO's presentation about the technical and financial aspect of vidya development and about the nuts and bolts of the industry in general. An interesting look behind the magical curtain.

SlamDunk

Arcane
What's up with the radio silence on KCD2?
Indeed...

htywGWM.png

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Completed this game twice now, first time without mods and second time with some.
I love the world and atmosphere, mixed bag on combat, story and quests. Sharing the same appeal as STALKER for me. The only bad downsides to me (herb picking, Henry becoming He-Man at higher levels and master strike/clinch spamming) were luckily easy to mod, and make combat feel more rewarding.
Oh yeah, even despite getting to play this game 2 years later after release, I guess some bugs never change.
fgb2zQV.jpg

0DAkCff.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm convinced KCD 2 is not happening at all or we would have heard something by now. Not that it will be any good now that Warhorse is certified POZ.
They're posting job offers now and then so they are doing something. And that something is certainly not a pixel art platformer or a racing game.

So yeah, KCD2 is happening.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
There's no way that could run fine even on high-end gpus at the time. Even the "downgraded" release version launched with performance issues and it still doesn't perform as it should on last gen GPUs. If they didn't do that it would've been even worse than crysis 1.

Gerrard

Arcane
What am I supposed to be seeing in that beta footage that is so much better than the end result? That the density of foliage is cranked up like in the bullshots for Crysis way back?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There's no way that could run fine even on high-end gpus at the time.

First a correction, all the amazing forest footage comes from the 2014 alpha. Beta came out much later and the foliage was already scaled down.

And second, there are dozens of old videos on the Tube by people playing the alpha just fine, just type "KCD alpha".

But again, I don't know if they chopped it down because of consoles or because this level of detail wasn't viable even for the PC version.

Quillon

Arcane
beta with the realistic forest ran better than the final game for me but final game has a lot of shit going on; more npcs, simulation systems etc. maybe beta was "lightweight" with only high quality gfx?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom