Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wesp5

Arcane
Something about the cryengine not being able to handle a bunch of NPCs in a giant city or so, with current hardware at least.
Really? That's interesting.
Still, Prague in CryEngine.
Imagine that...

There are not many NPCs in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt, but they build Prague just fine in whatever engine they use!

Harthwain

Magister
There are not many NPCs in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt, but they build Prague just fine in whatever engine they use!
When I was looking at bits of gameplay I did think it could make a good place for a vampire-themed cRPG, especially with the free-style movement.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Is Vavra involved
It's still his day job.

Note: the game is not "100% in development," that itself is nothing more than a rumor. A rumor we'd all very much like to believe, and one that seems reasonable to assume, but a rumor nontheless. "100% in development" means the thing has at least fucking been announced.
People can know things even when they aren't publicly announced yet. Kingdom Come II is 100% in development.

notpl

Arbiter
Is Vavra involved
It's still his day job.

Note: the game is not "100% in development," that itself is nothing more than a rumor. A rumor we'd all very much like to believe, and one that seems reasonable to assume, but a rumor nontheless. "100% in development" means the thing has at least fucking been announced.
People can know things even when they aren't publicly announced yet. Kingdom Come II is 100% in development.
If you work for Warhorse Studios and personally know that fact but are unable to disclose it online due to a contractual restriction, then yes, this is true. If that is not the case, then no, you do not know this.

Paul_cz

Arcane
If you work for Warhorse Studios and personally know that fact but are unable to disclose it online due to a contractual restriction, then yes, this is true. If that is not the case, then no, you do not know this.
You do not have to work somewhere personally to know what is being worked on there.

notpl

Arbiter
You do not have to work somewhere personally to know what is being worked on there.
I would say it downgrades your "knowing" to a max of 95%. Being very generous with that figure, even.

The sequel will be Kangdom Coonz Dee-liv-rance

Kangdom Coonz, a dynastic turn based rpg. Play as Tyronicus, a man who never knew his father and was raised by his 30 year old grandmother. The general thrust of the prologue, Tyronicus must endeavor to fuck bitches, give snitches stitches, consume purple drank, avoid paternity tests/child support, smoke weed, hustle, spend every last cent in his possession because my nigga could die at any moment, yolo, ect ect. Only to be killed by an unknown rival in a random smoke shop... Then this is where the game truly blossoms - play again as the bastard son of Tyronicus, Shawntavius, a man who never knew his father and was raised by his 45 year old great grandmother. Except it is up to you, playing as Shawntavius, to break the cycle and become a real Kang - the rightful ruler of CHAZ. Through an advanced barter system comprising pimping, dealing, stealing, gambling & hustling CHAZ can eventually be turned into Wakanda. But then, the white devil does what the white devil is known for, he strips Wakanda of it's glory & superior advanced technology... It is now up to Lil Snizzle Ma Pizzle, a man who never new his father and was raised by his 60 year old great great grandmother... Okay I'm done now.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Kangdom Coonz, a dynastic turn based rpg. Play as Tyronicus, a man who never knew his father and was raised by his 30 year old grandmother. The general thrust of the prologue, Tyronicus must endeavor to fuck bitches, give snitches stitches, consume purple drank, avoid paternity tests/child support, smoke weed, hustle, spend every last cent in his possession because my nigga could die at any moment, yolo, ect ect. Only to be killed by an unknown rival in a random smoke shop... Then this is where the game truly blossoms - play again as the bastard son of Tyronicus, Shawntavius, a man who never knew his father and was raised by his 45 year old great grandmother. Except it is up to you, playing as Shawntavius, to break the cycle and become a real Kang - the rightful ruler of CHAZ. Through an advanced barter system comprising pimping, dealing, stealing, gambling & hustling CHAZ can eventually be turned into Wakanda. But then, the white devil does what the white devil is known for, he strips Wakanda of it's glory & superior advanced technology... It is now up to Lil Snizzle Ma Pizzle, a man who never new his father and was raised by his 60 year old great great grandmother... Okay I'm done now.
You think you can just rip off my RPG game game and not catch a bullet?

SlamDunk

Arcane

Daniel Vávra said:
For years I've been playing with the idea of autonomous chat bots with a set pattern of behavior for NPCs in games. And now it's here, and better than I expected.

Interview with Hans Capon, whose character I set up for about 10 minutes in @inworld_ai It's terrifying...

FvrVBcsWcAIjLEA

FvrVM90XgAAFptx

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Daniel Vávra said:
For years I've been playing with the idea of autonomous chat bots with a set pattern of behavior for NPCs in games. And now it's here, and better than I expected.

Interview with Hans Capon, whose character I set up for about 10 minutes in @inworld_ai It's terrifying...

FvrVBcsWcAIjLEA

Dunno, that doesn't sound like capon at all. It's still pretty generic and doesn't work with games like kcd or any regular rpg. Good enough for games where NPCs are just go litter the world sure, or something sandbox like kenshi or something.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep, works for games where writing sounds like AI generated already but the target audience doesn't notice or care coz they're all about builds and combat anyway - Kingmaker comes to mind.

Wouldn't work for the likes of KCD or Witcher where people expect NPCs to actually sound and behave like human beings.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Finished this. Thought melee/ranged combat was obnoxious, but I get the impression that was the point. I do like how they kept things grounded to the point where I finished the game with a kill count in the double digits and how in all the mandatory combat heavy quests you can just hang back and let the army you're fighting with do most of the work. The stealth options were nice to have too.

Didn't care for the writing. Henry's character arc seems inspired by Enzio's from the Assassin's Creed games and I found him initially obnoxious there too. The game also has no resolution. Was Vavra so full of hubris that he conceived this as a multi-game epic from the start or was the initial idea so ridiculously big that he had no choice but to break it up? Either way, I hated how the epilogue was full of characters prattling on and on about politics I don't care about. In my head canon ending, Henry says to hell with this and just retires with Theresa, earning easy money winning archery contests. Perfectly fine not seeing how the rest of it goes.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Was Vavra so full of hubris that he conceived this as a multi-game epic from the start or was the initial idea so ridiculously big that he had no choice but to break it up?
The initial idea was to tell the story in three acts. KCD was going to be Act I but during the development they decided it was best to combine Acts I and II into one game. The sequel is supposed to be Act III, although some people claim that the whole acts structure was abandoned.

As for the sequel's title, perhaps it will be Kingdom Come: Vengeance, as per the title of the still unfinished main quest...

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The sequel will be Kangdom Coonz Dee-liv-rance
Sheeeeiiitttt oohhh lawdy lawd !!! Jamal haz cum to see us agen!
I would play a game like KCD but set in Africa.
Then again a historically accurate depiction of medieval Africa is even less palatable to the usual suspects than medieval Bohemia.
Just play GTA: San Andreas. It's an open world game set in Africa

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom