Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Oh, cool, another Summer fuckfest, where all kinds of devs fellate each other while pretending to give a fuck about making good games.
Hope Vavra is doing alright.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Just read an article from Vávra where he writes about the current state of AI and how due to the quick advances of the learning language model stuff, his current project is probably the last "traditionally developed" game he works on. Since in the future games he expects e.g. to only write key story aspects and scenes, while all the fluff text will be generated based on various inputs he sets (character histories, relationships, tastes, preferences..).
On one hand I can see the appeal of not having to waste so much time writing secondary text, on the other...meh.

notpl

Arbiter
Just read an article from Vávra where he writes about the current state of AI and how due to the quick advances of the learning language model stuff, his current project is probably the last "traditionally developed" game he works on. Since in the future games he expects e.g. to only write key story aspects and scenes, while all the fluff text will be generated based on various inputs he sets (character histories, relationships, tastes, preferences..).
On one hand I can see the appeal of not having to waste so much time writing secondary text, on the other...meh.
This AI fad has done a really great job of exposing hacks writers and artists. In almost every case the people who believe it can replace them are exactly the ones that should be.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Is this perhaps another hint? She's a game designer at Warhorse:

Fucking hell, the brain rot has reached even Warhorse:

alblj2.jpg

https://twitter.com/lenikrsova/status/1664620636340211712

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is this perhaps another hint? She's a game designer at Warhorse:

alblj2.jpg

https://twitter.com/lenikrsova/status/1664620636340211712

Czechia is fucking pozzed.
I'm sure czech codexers can confirm.
Only guy who was ever based and redpilled at Warhorse was Daniel Vavra.
I visited Czechia several times in the past, it wasn't that pozzed back then (granted, I didn't spend that much time in Prague).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The final parts of KCD force you to deal with two explicit homosexuals, doesn't matter that they're bad guys, the poz was there from the start. Vavra pulled a sleight of hand, easing you into thinking he was making a Based Game with the total lack of black people and woman warriors and then bam here's the other giving you a reacharound.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Czechia follows the same pattern as all the other countries, including Russia - a generally based population with small pozzed bubbles in big cities.

Plus Vávra has always made a point to hire everyone from anarchists to hardcore libertarians. Yes there will be virtue signallers in Warhorse. What matters is if Vávra let wokistas to take over Warhorse like it happened in CDPR.

SlamDunk

Arcane
The final parts of KCD force you to deal with two explicit homosexuals, doesn't matter that they're bad guys, the poz was there from the start. Vavra pulled a sleight of hand, easing you into thinking he was making a Based Game with the total lack of black people and woman warriors and then bam here's the other giving you a reacharound.
Yes, that is true and I didn't like it, but at least that faggot shit was resented by everyone and approved by no-one in the game, which made it OK in my books. Were the two villains faggots in real life, as well, by the way?

God will you people ever grow up
The one who needs to grow up here is you.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I played and finished Tell Me Why. It is a pretty good narrative adventure game.
I also know a real life girl who transitioned to guy (like the playable character in the game), you would never know he was biologically born a girl. And he is much happier as a person.

Don't get me wrong, I hate resetera authoritarians and censorship-happy trans activist assholes just fine, but that does not mean everything trans/gay-related is automatically "brain rot".

Smejki , judging by your laughing emoji and your tweet about AI I gather you think Dan is a moron for thinking AI will be used even for writing secondary text in games in foreseeable future, correct?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom