Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Paul_cz

Arcane
As for the sequel's title, perhaps it will be Kingdom Come: Vengeance, as per the title of the still unfinished main quest...
My money is on Kingdom Come II: Retribution

One of the original prototype names for the game, back when they planned it to be "complete" with multiple maps (and not funded by kickstarter and bakala) was 1403: Retribution.

Vengeance sounds lame.
Either way, I hated how the epilogue was full of characters prattling on and on about politics I don't care about
One of my favourite things about the game. I love how it makes the point to show Henry how insignificant he and his Big Important Quest is in the grand scheme of things. And how quickly alliances and alegiances can change, sometimes week to week.
Vávra said how pissed animators were at him for insisting on that long political cutscene at the end, I am glad he stuck to his guns.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One of my favourite things about the game. I love how it makes the point to show Henry how insignificant he and his Big Important Quest is in the grand scheme of things. And how quickly alliances and alegiances can change, sometimes week to week.
Vávra said how pissed animators were at him for insisting on that long political cutscene at the end, I am glad he stuck to his guns.
Well yeah, I hated it because a) this has nothing to do with me/my character and b) I/my character has no say about any of this and can't do anything to affect whatever it is these nobles are going to do. Henry didn't need to be there for that meeting.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Well yeah, I hated it because a) this has nothing to do with me/my character and b) I/my character has no say about any of this and can't do anything to affect whatever it is these nobles are going to do. Henry didn't need to be there for that meeting.
you’re offensively average in your taste and analysis

agris

Arcane
Patron
you’re offensively average in your taste and analysis
Meetings are awful and ones you don't even need to attend are even worse. This could have been a letter.
Sounds like you weren’t invested in the story. That’s fine, but asking for it to be more cookie cutter and take the same bog standard, mediocre approach to storytelling as all the other crap out there is just inane

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sounds like you weren’t invested in the story. That’s fine, but asking for it to be more cookie cutter and take the same bog standard, mediocre approach to storytelling as all the other crap out there is just inane
It's as inane as The Phantom Menace's dry scenes about trade disputes.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's as inane as The Phantom Menace's dry scenes about trade disputes.
Sure, just replace The Phantom Menance with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, replace the medium of movie to historical aRPG, replace interstitial exposition dumps regarding trade disputes with game epilogue showing that there’s forces beyond your control at work and: voila! A Roguey analogy.

Really, you can do better.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sure, just replace The Phantom Menance with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, replace the medium of movie to historical TPP aRPG, replace interstitial exposition dumps regarding trade disputes with game epilogue showing that there’s forces beyond your control at work and: voila! A Roguey analogy.
The evil gay men getting away and not getting the chance to take revenge on the guy who killed your parents was all you needed to know about forces beyond your control being at work.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Sure, just replace The Phantom Menance with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, replace the medium of movie to historical TPP aRPG, replace interstitial exposition dumps regarding trade disputes with game epilogue showing that there’s forces beyond your control at work and: voila! A Roguey analogy.
The evil gay men getting away and not getting the chance to take revenge on the guy who killed your parents was all you needed to know about forces beyond your control being at work.
I thought we just needed a letter?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I thought we just needed a letter?
That was a "this meeting could have been an email" joke.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just call it Kingdom Come 2, no need for any shitty subtitles.
This. Always thought any sub-titles (the ones with colon) are lame, dorky and stupid. Was surprised Vavra et al., who showed such a solid judgement about so many aspects of the game, made such a Hollywood-exec-level mistake.

Simply "Kingdom Come" would've been a dope name (going into Kingdom Come II).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This. Always thought any sub-titles (the ones with colon) are lame, dorky and stupid. Was surprised Vavra et al., who showed such a solid judgement about so many aspects of the game, made such a Hollywood-exec-level mistake.

Followed by Kingdom Come II me

BruceVC

Magister
What about KC: The Sword and the Throne because you still need to get your fathers sword back and the narrative is about monarchs and leadership successions?

Tim the Bore

Scholar
Second playthrough right now and Jesus, I don't remeber it being so buggy. Playing on hardocre and had to repeat the battle of Pribyslavitz 15 times, each time because of the bug, save for one attempt. Which meant watching all the custcenes over and over again, going through the loading screen, the usual - but seriously, 15 times?
I gotta vent - here are the many times of me trying to get through that lovely mission:
  1. The game crashed
  2. For some reason I lost the battle halfway through, by losing too many people - even if I could see that they were, well, fine. This will happen few times and, as it turns out, is related to a certain bug, of which I was not aware at the time
  3. Same as the above
  4. Soldiers bounced of each other while trying to cross the bridge and decided to fuck off in another direction completly, abandoning the battle. The game assumed they all died, so it failed. Can't blame them for leaving I guess
  5. The game crashed
  6. Once again, lost the battle by losing too many people, while not really losing anyone. I started to get suspicious
  7. Got stuck in the texture, had to reload
  8. Game crashed, and so did my heart
  9. Soldiers just... stood in front of the bridge. Mission failed.
  10. Okay, I simply died in this one, this is on me
  11. Lost the battle again due to losing soldiers. I decided to check what is going on. Turns out, there is a bug that makes it so that killing enemies counts as killing your friends... and if you will lose too many friendly units, you'll lose the battle. This is getting surreal.
    Fight fire with fire however - there is another bug that, if you'll kill someone with poison, they won't be counted as dead, but simply unconscious. So you can use one bug to prevent another, which is some seriously big brain time
    It's slow though. Boring as hell.
  12. Soldiers bounced off the bridge, mission failed, video games were a mistake
  13. I actually got to the main bad guy, and the cutscene is playing. Halfway through it I got a message that the mission failed. Turns out the game keeps playing itself during a long, NON-INTERACTIVE CUTSCENE, and soldiers died in the meantime in the battle. Just... just...
  14. I rushed to the boss, skipped the cutscene, killed him. Finally, this wretched mission is over!
    Well...
    The next cutscenes is playing, after which... the game teleports me back to the room in Pribyslavitz and makes me fight some random, bald soldier. What?
    I killed him, but couldn't leave. Turns out, there is a bug that, if you defeated Runt with parrying, there is a 50% chance that you will be stuck in this room for all eternity with some dummy soldier. There is no way out of that place. So they finally closed me in a room with no doors I guess. Probably deserved it
  15. I killed him again, this time the luck was on my side and the mission actually managed to complete itself without crashing. A miracle.
Look, there are bugs and there are bugs. But this... this is something else.

Good game though.

Modron

Arcane
I think I only had 2 crashes over ~160 something hours in it seemed fairly stable for a modern release to me.

Tim the Bore

Scholar
Good game though.

Was it worth it?

resize

tastywaffles

Literate
Kingdom Come 2, no need for any shitty subtitles.
Kingdom Come 2: No Need For Any Shitty Subtitles

Followed by Kingdom Come II me
Kingdom Come: Again

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Soldiers bounced of each other while trying to cross the bridge and decided to fuck off in another direction completly, abandoning the battle. The game assumed they all died, so it failed. Can't blame them for leaving I guess
Soldiers just... stood in front of the bridge. Mission failed.
Soldiers bounced off the bridge, mission failed, video games were a mistake
I rushed to the boss, skipped the cutscene, killed him. Finally, this wretched mission is over!
Well...
The next cutscenes is playing, after which... the game teleports me back to the room in Pribyslavitz and makes me fight some random, bald soldier. What?
I killed him, but couldn't leave. Turns out, there is a bug that, if you defeated Runt with parrying, there is a 50% chance that you will be stuck in this room for all eternity with some dummy soldier. There is no way out of that place. So they finally closed me in a room with no doors I guess. Probably deserved it
Cheers!

ChPvC5YXEAA3AGw.jpg:large

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This photo creates a lot of questions. When and where was it taken? The Karlovacko beer points to Croatia. MCA's thin face suggests a period of time many years ago. Or perhaps he lost some weight as a consequence of his recent ordeal?

We all knew MCA was at least partly gay, but did we know this side of Vavra? When were they in relationship? Did it influence the writing of KC:D or will it influence the writing of the sequel? Will there be important questions posed like "What can change the nature of a peasant"? And will there finally be gay romance options open to Henry? After all, we've all been disgusted by his conservative heteronormative behavior in the previous installment.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Good game though.
That's the mark of a truly great game. People still love KCD despite it being buggy as a cesspit.

For me, the latest funny bug worth mentioning about was during Henry's dream sequence in the end when suddenly subtitles from the Johanka DLC quest started to show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom