Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

BruceVC

Magister
If you "loved" it why only 78/100?

With that score you should have used "liked" instead.
Thats a good question, I wanted to give it 80+ but its not fantasy and I can only give fantasy 80+ scores

Oh and any score higher than 50 means I like it. But I dont use love in a frivolous way

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Thats a good question, I wanted to give it 80+ but its not fantasy and I can only give fantasy 80+ scores

Oh and any score higher than 50 means I like it. But I dont use love in a frivolous way
Bruh your entire scoring system is frivolous if it's genre capped.

BruceVC

Magister

Bruh your entire scoring system is frivolous if it's genre capped.
Its not frivolous but yes there is an ostensible design flaw. You see when the " BruceVC game rating system " was created it took years of analysis and data mining to ensure the reviews were accurate but it was created on reviews of fantasy games only. But I take the criticism and maybe the algorithms need an update...noted :cool:

But just for the record, I dont know how well you did at school but B+ is a very good result, I got an overall C in grade 12, I just got into University on my overall results. I would have loved a B+ ( 75-79 )

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A 78 out of a 100 is a very good score when using a proper scale that isn't curved towards the top half. But, genre locking your scores based on whether or not a game is fantasy is retarded. That being said, this bit is flat out wrong.
dont know how well you did at school but B+ is a very good result, I got an overall C in grade 12, I just got into University on my overall results. I would have loved a B+ ( 75-79 )
My parents beat me if I got anything lower than an A. With how easy school is, getting anything less than a 90% is actually unacceptable, outside of some very difficult STEM classes that you won't be taking until the latter years of your four year degree.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Single-number scores are all retarded, they don't ever mean shit.

It's better to review different aspects of the game separately - audio, visuals, writing, gameplay etc. - like some German or Jappy outlets do.

It's even better to write a proper review or at least a short post with pros/cons + overall impression.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw BruceVC you haven't touched the full potential of the game, playing on Standard with the save-anywhere mod.

This game was made as the ultimate immershun machine, it you don't play on Hardcore with all the maluses switched on you always stay on the first base with it, second at best. Exceptional immershun is its way to compensate for the lack of fantastical elements. Its main source of fun.

It's like dating a girl you really like, she's charming and funny and you're having a good time. Maybe you even hold hands and kiss a bit. But you never fuck. You never discover her full potential.

What I'm saying is you have to fuck this game hard, sweating and grunting and butt-slapping, to really understand what it's capable of.

:kingcomrade:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Insights into Bruce’s granular 100 pt scale just reaffirm that most people should be using a 3 or 4 star system. 100 pts is a lot for normie brained ppl

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sick sample size. Also, scales/reviews should not be catered towards normies, so your point is moot.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So what are the rumours for the sequel? Is it even in development?
It's 100% in development but that's about all we know rn.

However considering KCD came out 5 years ago it'll be very strange if they don't at least announce it this year. KCD took 5 years to make, including raising money, producing demos for backers, struggling with workforce and engine problems and other first-rodeo headaches. None of that should be an issue this time around, now that they're financially and workforce-wise secure and most major engine problems are solved.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet

However considering KCD came out 5 years ago it'll be very strange if they don't at least announce it this year. KCD took 5 years to make, including raising money, producing demos for backers, struggling with workforce and engine problems and other first-rodeo headaches. None of that should be an issue this time around, now that they're financially and workforce-wise secure and most major engine problems are solved.
I heard they were redoing it in a different engine cause they weren't able to render prague on the cryengine well enough.

notpl

Arbiter
Note: the game is not "100% in development," that itself is nothing more than a rumor. A rumor we'd all very much like to believe, and one that seems reasonable to assume, but a rumor nontheless. "100% in development" means the thing has at least fucking been announced.

SlamDunk

Arcane
I heard they were redoing it in a different engine cause they weren't able to render prague on the cryengine well enough.
Heard where and said by whom?

Anyways, I doubt there would read

Experience with CryEngine
Experience with CryEngine Sandbox or similar game engine
Knowledge of working with CryEngine Sandbox

in their job advertisements if they had switched engines.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

What the fuck.
It's CryEngine, baby! How the hell can't they render Prague properly?

BruceVC

Magister

Day 1 purchase for sure :bounce:

notpl

Arbiter
Is Vavra involved or is it gonna be a california'd sequel with black lesbians as soldiers.
Nobody knows, because there is not one single piece of concrete info anywhere that states they are making a sequel to kingdom come.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Not by Warhorse, except for that one slip up by the community manager (DrFusselpulli) a few years ago who wrote on the now defunct official discussion forum that the sequel will continue straight from where KCD left off. He deleted the post after the news of it had spread.

Then there's the 3rd party stuff, like this, for example: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/posts/8396340

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Note: the game is not "100% in development," that itself is nothing more than a rumor. A rumor we'd all very much like to believe, and one that seems reasonable to assume, but a rumor nontheless.
About two years ago (2:17:50, only Czech) Martin Klima, their producer, was asked "Can you say anything about your new project?" and he said "Can't say much but what do you think it might be, hm? :everyone laughs: It's not a space racing game, I can tell you that".

So yeah, it's 100%, unless you wanna play obtuse.

deama

Prophet
Heard where and said by whom?

Anyways, I doubt there would read

Experience with CryEngine
Experience with CryEngine Sandbox or similar game engine
Knowledge of working with CryEngine Sandbox

in their job advertisements if they had switched engines.
On this thread couple dozen pages back, or more.

What the fuck.
It's CryEngine, baby! How the hell can't they render Prague properly?
Something about the cryengine not being able to handle a bunch of NPCs in a giant city or so, with current hardware at least.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Something about the cryengine not being able to handle a bunch of NPCs in a giant city or so, with current hardware at least.
Really? That's interesting.
Still, Prague in CryEngine.
Imagine that...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom