Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see an arrow sticking out of the head's horse - so fake!

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I love this game and have played it several times, but I have never actually finished it. What happens is, once the monastery quest comes around I end up getting frustrated and bored and end up killing everyone in the monastery and then, of course, the town guards get involved so they all die and after that I've got an insatiable bloodlust going on so I end up going town to town looting and pillaging. That's the canon ending to Henry's story in my world.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I love this game and have played it several times, but I have never actually finished it. What happens is, once the monastery quest comes around I end up getting frustrated and bored and end up killing everyone in the monastery and then, of course, the town guards get involved so they all die and after that I've got an insatiable bloodlust going on so I end up going town to town looting and pillaging. That's the canon ending to Henry's story in my world.
There's an easy hack to get around the buggy, railroaded monastery quest. Once you know the identiy of the fake acolyte, although the game won't allow you to utilize this knowledge in dialogue, you can find a dagger stashed away, sneak up on your target while he is alone, kill him with an automatic stealth dagger takedown, then pick up the required item from his corpse and continue on with the main quest.

Granted, the remainder of the main quest isn't much good, either. :M

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
There's an easy hack to get around the buggy, railroaded monastery quest. Once you know the identiy of the fake acolyte, although the game won't allow you to utilize this knowledge in dialogue, you can find a dagger stashed away, sneak up on your target while he is alone, kill him with an automatic stealth dagger takedown, then pick up the required item from his corpse and continue on with the main quest.

Granted, the remainder of the main quest isn't much good, either. :M
I'll keep that in mind next time Zed, but if I really sit and think about it, I don't think I'll have the patience to even go through those steps before losing my temper. Especially since it would be my 4th time going through that despicable place.

Paul_cz

Arcane
You monastery haters are weird as fuck. I enjoyed my time there, did all the sidequests there, it felt like game withing a game and incredibly impressive quest all around, even if not perfect.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You monastery haters are weird as fuck. I enjoyed my time there, did all the sidequests there, it felt like game withing a game and incredibly impressive quest all around, even if not perfect.
The monastery stressed me out. I got flashbacks from being a new guy at a job I used to have - when they give you a 5-minute lesson on some machine you have no idea how it works, and then expect you to handle it - under time pressure.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Monastery is very cool, one of the most unique quests I've ever seen in any game.

Standing in place and praying for 10 mins real time while the sun is slowly going up and illuminating the pictures of the saints to the sound of chanting monks vs "collect 20 rat tails", what is better and why.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Monastery is very cool, one of the most unique quests I've ever seen in any game.

Standing in place and praying for 10 mins real time while the sun is slowly going up and illuminating the pictures of the saints to the sound of chanting monks vs "collect 20 rat tails", what is better and why.
Why are you making me choose between 2 awful things?? I want a choice between some cool, fun options in the game :mad:

TedNugent

Arcane
Finally got some swanky brigandine and ye olde maille pantaloons, and now everybody calls me "knight" and is happy that I deigned to talk down to them.

Monastery quest is pretty boring because you switch from doing cool knightly things to medieval monk things, without any of the associated cool stuff you would have in a movie/book (like say throwing off your robe and fighting). But the rest of the game is great.

Smejki you transferred to Larian, right? If so, and I presume you are working on nude bear textures for Baldur's Gate 4, can you tell one of your old friends from Warhorse to come here and post about KCD2? Come on, mannnnn.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Monastery quest is pretty boring because you switch from doing cool knightly things to medieval monk things, without any of the associated cool stuff you would have in a movie/book (like say throwing off your robe and fighting). But the rest of the game is great.
The tedium/monotony is the point. :M

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The quest's point is to bring you closer to God.
Bohemian monk simulator for a while there.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The tedium/monotony is the point. :M
Yes. The quest is wasted on unwashed rubes like Porky.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
I just assumed that if I went around the monastery shouting "HEY HAVE YOU SEEN ANY BANDITS? I AM LOOKING FOR A BANDIT HIDING IN THIS MONASTERY. I HEARD THERE IS A BANDIT AMONG THE MONKS HERE, DO YOU KNOW WHO IT IS?" the guy would try to get rid of me somehow, and it worked.

VerSacrum

Educated
Sames, just wish the culprit wouldn't have been that obvious

V17

Educated
I loved it in theory, but the implementation was way too annoying. The game warned you of trespassing if you went to your work place five minutes earlier (when you already didn't need to be anywhere else), you had one specific place you had to sit at when eating, but the game never tells you this or shows you the place and just tells you to sit anywhere where there's food on the table, which doesn't work, that one was also idiotic. There were also some bugs with how your items are taken away and returned. And the fps sucked in places. It felt unfinished, and since some elements of it were a bit annoying by design (which on its own is not wrong), it multiplied the technical annoyances.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
If I recall correctly you can jump off the scaffolding around the church and invade the place through the roof with your full kit, making the quest 1000x better

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If I recall correctly you can jump off the scaffolding around the church and invade the place through the roof with your full kit, making the quest 1000x better
Or you can lockpick one of the Very Hard doors, which by this point should be a cakewalk.

It's still worth to do the quest properly, just to snort the medieval monastery life vibes, which is the whole point.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Or you can lockpick one of the Very Hard doors, which by this point should be a cakewalk.

It's still worth to do the quest properly, just to snort the medieval monastery life vibes, which is the whole point.
Cvv buddy, I promise you that I really tried the monastery quest the first time through and I understand that they wanted it to be just as boring as a real church and they totally succeeded at that. But now that time of my life is over and I solve all of my problems with violence

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
We are working on something, but what it is, is still a secret. Video games take a very long time to develop.
Videogames seem to take a long time to develop in Current Year, because so many developers have become clueless and incompetent. Granted, an Open World RPG has a justification for taking longer in development than the typical game, especially if operating on a new game engine, but even so it's been almost six years since Kingdom Come: Deliverance released, and Warhorse should be readying the sequel for release by now. Instead, there has been absolutely no news released concerning the game's development, which, combined with this latest quasi-announcement, perhaps suggests the attempted sequel entered development hell and has been abandoned in favor of a different game. :M

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

It's pretty enjoyable if you do it "properly", but only during the first playthrough. After that, it gets kinda stale because there's no mystery (you already know who the right guy is) and the busywork you get assigned feels like actual busywork, unlike during the first playthrough when the novelty factor keeps it interesting.

Harthwain

Magister
Videogames seem to take a long time to develop in Current Year, because so many developers have become clueless and incompetent.
You also have to take into account how huge big open world games are these days. They probably need to do everything by hand (all quests, interactions, etc.), and try to maintain the historical accuracy of the setting while at it.

which, combined with this latest quasi-announcement, perhaps suggests the attempted sequel entered development hell and has been abandoned in favor of a different game. :M
It could be in a development hell, but I doubt it will be abandoned "in favor of a different game". These guys have a good brand on their hands. I will be surprised if they pass on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom