Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
BTW, why is Henry retarded? I though it was common sense to not get into arguments with lords, sirs and such. You do not even get an option to be less retarded..
He-he...
I know, right?
A more brutal noble would've cut his friggin' head off...
It was really rather stupid of Henry, but bear in mind that he completely lacked court manners...
Also was wounded and lost his family, so he wasn't really thinking straight, maybe?

Cologno

Educated
BTW, why is Henry retarded? I though it was common sense to not get into arguments with lords, sirs and such. You do not even get an option to be less retarded..
Henry's lineage is not what it seems. Don't know how far you've gotten.

MasPingon

Arcane
So far so good, no gamebreaking bugs. When it comes to combat I just send the dog to bite the enemy in the balls and fire arrows. Not very chivalrous but fuck that when you're trying to just stay alive long enough to reach the next town.
When do you get the dog? At what skill level does bow use become useful and how to train it to get there. I did the hare hunt with that lord and it was extremely hard to hit them even at closest possible range where they do not start running away from you. Just not having any X on the screen is hard and then Henry is hilariously bad at keeping the bow steady..
You get the dog from Teresa, right where you sleep at the mill next to Rataje. You need to ask her to get him. You can pick the skill so he will hunt rabbits for you. I don't know how the god damn bow works, I got 5 in bow and still my Henry shoots like he is Blinkin from Man in Tights.

thesecret1

Arcane
The better your bow skill, the steadier Henry's aim. And you'll learn where the arrow's gonna fly with practice. Pro tip: don't hold the bow drawn. Release the arrow right as Henry fully draws the string, like the various archery instructors in-game tell you, making it one fluid motion. Idk how it works mechanically, but I found my aim to improve massively once I started doing that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The better your bow skill, the steadier Henry's aim. And you'll learn where the arrow's gonna fly with practice. Pro tip: don't hold the bow drawn. Release the arrow right as Henry fully draws the string, like the various archery instructors in-game tell you, making it one fluid motion. Idk how it works mechanically, but I found my aim to improve massively once I started doing that.
That does not work vs moving targets..

thesecret1

Arcane
That does not work vs moving targets..
Try practicing on the river stumps in Ledecko. Bows are hard in early game, but later on, you can downright snipe with them

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can you level archery somehow outside combat or hunting rabbits? :D
I see on map I discover archery places but do not know if those can level up your archery. Also arrows break and I am not swimming in cash (and what I gather I spend on repairing my armor).

Val Doom

Literate
I found the archery contests at the ranges to be a good place to level the skill up in the beginning, but you actually have to win the contest in order to get any real exp.

Incognito/STK

Educated
Back when KCD came out, I liked the setting and premise, but the combat put me off and I never went far in the game. Now with all the hype, I tried playing with a PS4 controller and behold, fucked up Hans on both archery and sword fighting right at the beginning. Autism?

otsego

Cipher
I see on map I discover archery places but do not know if those can level up your archery. Also arrows break and I am not swimming in cash (and what I gather I spend on repairing my armor).

I don't know how many of these exist, but there are some tournaments scattered about that you can bet on and then get taught bow skills: https://kingdom-come-deliverance.fandom.com/wiki/Chumps_on_the_River

Other than that I think it's just by visiting trainers.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't know how many of these exist, but there are some tournaments scattered about that you can bet on and then get taught bow skills: https://kingdom-come-deliverance.fandom.com/wiki/Chumps_on_the_River

Other than that I think it's just by visiting trainers.
That does not work, you need to win the tournament to get taught :D
Back when KCD came out, I liked the setting and premise, but the combat put me off and I never went far in the game. Now with all the hype, I tried playing with a PS4 controller and behold, fucked up Hans on both archery and sword fighting right at the beginning. Autism?
I managed to beat him in melee using my shield tactic (with a stolen shield from Intro) but in archery using controller was even worse. I think I scored one hit at all and got 1 point :D

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Nah, the game works surprisingly well with a gamepad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Combat is miles better with a gamepad but everything else sucks, especially inventory management.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
I love riding the horse with a pad, lockpicking is great as well.
Yeah, inventory management sucks a bit, but it's okay once you get used to it.
Overall I think I prefer a gamepad for the game, which is kinda weird, especially for a first person perspective game.

Ugh, where do these morons come from...

Oh, no this huge open world game with cutting edge graphics and in-depth simulation systems has some NPCs bugged out, or elevation changes can trigger some issues. That never happens with other huge open world games... it's not like Skyrim had a whole meme thing with horses riding up mountains vertically, or Witcher 3 with roach on roofs, or CP2077 with t-pose NPCs... Oh wait...

Incognito/STK

Educated
Combat is miles better with a gamepad but everything else sucks, especially inventory management.

Exactly. But an active controller doesn't disable the K&M, so when managing the inventory I use the mouse. And so far I'm really enjoying this chad simulator.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Got to Finding Ginger quest and charcoal burners told me to kill some bandits before they take me to Ginger. 2 of them destroy me. I wonder if they sleep and can be stealth killed, my Henry is a talker and not a fighter.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wonder if they sleep and can be stealth killed, my Henry is a talker and not a fighter.
There's only one person in the entire game you HAVE to kill, everything else has loads of alternative solutions. There's even an achievement for not killing anyone (except that one byatch).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I played just fine with K&M, and i even had mods that made the combat harder and disabled master strikes.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Got to Finding Ginger quest and charcoal burners told me to kill some bandits before they take me to Ginger. 2 of them destroy me. I wonder if they sleep and can be stealth killed, my Henry is a talker and not a fighter.

You can totally murder them in their sleep, or poison their food or wine but i assume you have no poison on you yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You can totally murder them in their sleep, or poison their food or wine but i assume you have no poison on you yet.
Yea, I waited until 1 in morning, both were sleeping in beds without armor. I tried to sneak but they woke up as soon as I got close and I was not able to choke either but they proceeded to fist fight me and soon learned the old saying: do not bring a fist to a sword and shield fight.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You need to prepare your character for stealth. Not just by training your skills, but also wearing the appropriate clothes to reduce visibility and lower noise.

BTW, here's a little tip for you: next time use a bow on naked bandits. Since they have no armor and weapons, you can easily stun lock them with little danger to you. Good way to train bows early on. Can also be used on the scrub bandits you find early on if the groups are small enough. Anything that doesn't have a lot of armor basically can be stun locked by arrows. Main reason arrows are totally broken later in the game since with high enough power you can punch through armor and do the same trick even with late game enemies.

Mutt can also help with this.

All the screeching about how difficult the combat system is in this game seem to ignore the fact you really don't actually have to fight anything if you don't want. You can play the game as an assassing, killing people in stealth, behind their backs or in their sleep.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, considering the game saves whenever you quit, losing 2 hours of game time, even ignoring all the save opportunities you get from bathhouses and beds, and the fact saving potions aren't that hard to come by, especially if you learn how to make them at the alchemy bench, is entirely on you. In those two hours you could have quit the game a few times if you were worried about crashes or bugs.

Also, doesn't the game save on you automatically if you play on normal? And if are playing on hard core, wouldn't you want the hard core experience?

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Also, doesn't the game save on you automatically if you play on normal?
It saves when you start some quests. Seems random. And you get the option on some beds to sleep and save though not all give that option, only sleep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom