Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Looks pretty good but the "everything needs to be bigger" approach has me a little worried. Can't think of many games that were made better by being bigger or stories that were made better by moving from personal stakes to "save the world".

I can't either, but if they are using the original has a base it might work. A lot of the work has been done they can focus on a lot of new things.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Bros...

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-xbox-ps5-pc-warhorse-studios

Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”

But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
inb4 "different ethnicities" means Germans, Poles, French, possibly even an Italian or two
Or, God forbid!, Russians...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bros...

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-xbox-ps5-pc-warhorse-studios

Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”

But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
inb4 "different ethnicities" means Germans, Poles, French, possibly even an Italian or two
It means niggers. You know it means niggers, it always means niggers.

If that was the case they'd have put one in the trailer.

thesecret1

Arcane
Bros...

It means niggers. You know it means niggers, it always means niggers.

If that was the case they'd have put one in the trailer.
The statement is evasive. Could be read as the devs not wanting to anger core audience with the mention of niggers... but it could just as easily be the studio trying not to restart the controversy again.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I am so fucking hyped, I can't contain myself. It looks to be an improvement to the original on every single front, and if we're very lucky, this time it'll even wrap up at least one of the three plot threads.

ferratilis

Magister
Man, what a trailer. It's a wonder that such a game can even exist in the current year. Thank you Vavra.

But there's one thing bugging me: can anyone confirm what engine they're using? A lot of rendering looks very soft, which makes me think they switched to Unreal engine, is that true?

thesecret1

Arcane
I am so fucking hyped, I can't contain myself. It looks to be an improvement to the original on every single front, and if we're very lucky, this time it'll even wrap up at least one of the three plot threads.
Henry got his hands on the sword in the trailer, I'm pretty sure.

ZACKIE

Educated
Looks fucking insane, this honestly might be their BG3/Witcher 3 in terms of caliber and critical acclaim, let's hope

ZACKIE

Educated
Man, what a trailer. It's a wonder that such a game can even exist in the current year. Thank you Vavra.

But there's one thing bugging me: can anyone confirm what engine they're using? A lot of rendering looks very soft, which makes me think they switched to Unreal engine, is that true?
It looks like Unreal Engine, or maybe Cryengine

Fargus

Arcane
Trailer is good. Henry looks like he had matured which is also cool. This is one time when the trailer not only doesn't make me disgusted but also makes me look forward for the game. Can't say i'm excited because i lost this ability years ago, but so far i only have good feeling about this.

If they will stay away from woke virus there will be people who would try to smear the game and devs with shit. I hope Vavra will be just as lulzy on twitter as he was during the development of the first game. Though i doubt it since Warhorse now are on the leash.

ZACKIE

Educated
All the retards doomposting about there being niggers in the game, different ethnicities means european people, only americans think different ethnicities means non whites because they lump all white people together, seek help.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Looks fucking amazing, 6 years well spent. GOTY and it's not even a question. Unless they fuck up technical side of it.

BUT, Martin Klíma says they spent long time reworking the tech to make it much more stable and reliable.

Vortex documentary, only in czech for now:

ADL

Prophet
They really did their reveal a disservice by whatever shit encoding they were using on top of YouTube's compression. Looking forward to some 4K footage.

ferratilis

Magister
Kingdom Come: Deliverance II will once again utilize the CryEngine, which studio spokesperson Tobias Stolz-Zwilling attributed to familiarity and established pipelines, and will feature a variety of environments, including lush forests and other areas.
Thank God for that. I wonder why some aspects looked so soft, might be they used upscaling in the trailer, which makes me worry a bit about performance. But whatever, if the game is good, I'll put up with wavy frametime.

More info here:

thesecret1

Arcane
...guys, I figured it out. Why the subtitle of the game is deliverance. It's about delivering that fucking sword to Radzig. That's why it's KC:D2 and not KC:X. You haven't delievered the sword in the first game. It's still ongoing.

Larianshill

Arbiter
tell-me-this-isnt-godwin-v0-ye2zlxgr6avc1.png

Is this Godwin?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I got some money saved up which was going to go to a graphic card specifically so i could play the original at high FPS with the graphics maxed. Now i can just wait for the sequel to come out and buy whatever is best for that, hitting two birds with one stone. Only game in existance which justifies an high end PC. FromSoft games are usually pretty lightweight so i'm not counting those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom