Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
More gameplay, nigga.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That doesn't make sense: if it was impacted by Series S limitations, it should run at 30fps on Series S, and easily 60 on PS5 and Series X. Unless of course KCD2's scope is beyond PS5's and Series X's capabilities as well. But that's not what they're saying.
KCD has always been (and KCD2 is) limited by CPU power due to its simulation of NPCs (daily schedules, persistence, inventories etc).
Series S and X and PS5 have basically all the same CPU. And that CPU is likely incapable of reaching stable 60fps, hence 30fps lock.
I would not be surprised if they added 40fps mode for owners of 120hz TVs.

On PC though, I am pretty sure 5800X3D will get 60fps 99% of the time.
And where is the 60fps mode for owners of 1080p, 60 Hz TVs :(

Elttharion

Learned

677.jpg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Gotta say, these characters look tasty very authentic.
They look decent enough, but I think they could've made her face a bit more appealing.
Still better than the "realistic" tranny beauties that are being shat out at an exponential rate by the industry.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They look decent enough, but I think they could've made her face a bit more appealing.
Vavra said even during KCD1 development he doesn't want supermodels in the game because of authenticity. So there aren't any 8/10s or higher, chicks like Theresa or lady Stephanie are nice and fuckable but not much more.

It looks like that "no unrealistic beauty in our games" woke garbage you're seeing nowadays but it's a totally different motivation. If you're committed to realism in all things you gotta have realistic faces. And realistically, in the pool of a few thousand people in a medieval countryside even 8/10s would be rare.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Vavra said even during KCD1 development he doesn't want supermodels in the game because of authenticity. So there aren't any 8/10s or higher, chicks like Theresa or lady Stephanie are nice and fuckable but not much more.

It looks like that "no unrealistic beauty in our games" woke garbage you're seeing nowadays but it's a totally different motivation. If you're committed to realism in all things you gotta have realistic faces. And realistically, in the pool of a few thousand people in a medieval countryside even 8/10s would be rare.
Then at least put some tavern wench with big tits in there.

notpl

Arbiter
Will it have meaningful C&C this time?
No, it's a story game first and foremost. They've been completely transparent about that. These games are about Henry's pre-written journey with some open-world hijinks happening along the way.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No, it's a story game first and foremost.
I'd really like to hear how you to define c&c.
At absolute minimum, multiple endings whose qualifications you set during the playthrough rather than by a single choice at the climax. Examples include Heads Will Roll and Age of Decadence.
What if a game has all sorts of of c&c except multiple endings. Doesn't count then?

notpl

Arbiter
At absolute minimum, multiple endings whose qualifications you set during the playthrough rather than by a single choice at the climax. Examples include Heads Will Roll and Age of Decadence.
What if a game has all sorts of of c&c except multiple endings. Doesn't count then?
We'll worry about that if it ever happens.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe something like a quest where they tell you find a priest of a abandoned village and that will bring villagers back and when you bring the priest back and 1-2 weeks pass villagers do start coming back, fixing houses and stuff..

vota DC

Augur
Maybe something like a quest where they tell you find a priest of a abandoned village and that will bring villagers back and when you bring the priest back and 1-2 weeks pass villagers do start coming back, fixing houses and stuff..
Or better you bring a priest in a hostile zone and everybody's uniform start to change color.

Quillon

Arcane
Idk what's the purpose of that trailer other than spoiling some bits of the game, we already know it looks great... they should release it already with whatever the current bugs are :P

thesecret1

Arcane
Idk what's the purpose of that trailer other than spoiling some bits of the game, we already know it looks great... they should release it already with whatever the current bugs are :P
People always say this, but when companies do it, they have meltdowns over how they lost progress due to crashes etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom