Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Quillon

Arcane
Idk what's the purpose of that trailer other than spoiling some bits of the game, we already know it looks great... they should release it already with whatever the current bugs are :P
People always say this, but when companies do it, they have meltdowns over how they lost progress due to crashes etc.
I'm not serious, they are doing localizations and shit that will take half a year apparently. But it woulda been ok if they were to do it somehow since they said a month ago the game's already in as good a shape as KCD1 today, if true its already well above industry standards these days.

Zariusz

Arbiter
KCD 2 is one of the few shining beams of hope that the current sea of shit will someday end, or at least its one last hurrah for the forces of incline.

oGBMxYj.png

Paul_cz

Arcane
i don't know guise dragon age veilguard is also slated for end of teh year such stronk competition gonna be a battle
I wouldn't underestimate it. And it is pretty rare situation to get this many AA/AAA RPGs scheduled for the same three months:

- Wukong
- Greedfall 2
- Dragon Age 4
- AC Shadows (yeah I know, I know)
- Avowed
- Vampire Bloodlines 2
- Gothic remake
- Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
- Diablo IV expansion
- Starfield expansion

This is not particularly great and I wonder if any are getting delayed, and if not, which ones are gonna flop due to overcrowding.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, seeing this list does make me nervous.

Wukong comes out in summer, so does the Greedfall 2 Early Access and the D4 expansion comes out early October which is fine. Plus I wouldn't take the 2024 release window for Bloodlines 2 and Gothic too seriously.

But with DA4, Shadows, Avowed and the Starfield expansion all coming out in November (probably), which is where I bet they're targeting KCD2 too... yea it's a bit bonkers. I'd say the majority of the KCD audience doesn't overlap with the aforementioned nuSlop too much but there would be some impact on the sales no doubt.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, seeing this list does make me nervous.

Wukong comes out in summer, so does the Greedfall 2 Early Access and the D4 expansion comes out early October which is fine. Plus I wouldn't take the 2024 release window for Bloodlines 2 and Gothic too seriously.

But with DA4, Shadows, Avowed and the Starfield expansion all coming out in November (probably), which is where I bet they're targeting KCD2 too... yea it's a bit bonkers. I'd say the majority of the KCD audience doesn't overlap with the aforementioned nuSlop too much but there would be some impact on the sales no doubt.
Poe 2 is coming in November so all these other games will flop.

Quillon

Arcane

@58:15 he says KCD2 will focus on buddy story of Henry & Hans and I'm immediately reminded of Mafia 2(and CP77 that ripped off Mafia 2) so found out Hans was a real character in history and he survived the year/s? when the games take place, guess Vavra wouldn't kill him off for his story right?

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
so found out Hans was a real character in history and he survived the year/s?
Yep, he even fought in the Hussite Wars 15 years later - against the Hussites. His son later became one of the most powerful people in the kingdom.
Then it means he's quite the badass.
Hopefully the game will portray him as such.
And less of the "goof" he was in the original game.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I see KCD2 is on #35 on steam wishlist ladder. It is safely above Avowed and Dragon Age 4, but still way too low overall. Hell, Bloodlines 2 is on #13, and KCD2 must not be lower than that shitshow.
Go wishlist it people.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I see KCD2 is on #35 on steam wishlist ladder. It is safely above Avowed and Dragon Age 4, but still way too low overall. Hell, Bloodlines 2 is on #13, and KCD2 must not be lower than that shitshow.
Go wishlist it people.
Why so worried?
People will be all over it when it launches, mark my words.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Go wishlist it people.
Bloodlines 2 has been on Steam basically forever at this point, and is a long, long awaited sequel to a cult classic.

DA3 is an AAA game by EA, Avowed is backed by Microsoft.

This is a win in my books. KCD2 will probably do very well. It's not like we're exactly drowning in quality high-production RPGs.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Honestly, they should just postpone to January/February next year. That window worked great for them the last time around, selling a million copies in a week, largely because literally nothing else was going on for weeks before or after. November looks crowded AF, in December everyone's still playing the November haul and October might be too soon. We don't want the bugfest repeat from KCD1.

Quillon

Arcane
They should just release it earlier than (non)competiton like Larian did, as a bonus we'd get to see gayms like Failguard and Awoken crush and burn even more at release, as Starfield did.

:evilcodex:

Also I want it as early as possible, fuck you!

Quillon

Arcane
Finished KCD yet again & been watching some old KS vids, apart from the obvious cut features like large scale battles & mounted combat I saw some carriages and a static NPC model dual wielding. I wonder if such features are in the sequel, donno about dual wielding/how historically accurate it is or common it was? but I hope ox/horse ploughs, carriages/more mounted NPCs etc are in this time. Roads should have some traffic, in KCD the few NPCs on the road feel like spawns or probably are spawns.

ed: just noticed there are carriages in the latest trailer @1:36, tho usage of them could still be mission specific, we'll see

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
I've picked up my old save to try and finally get through the original. There's so much to like, but every hour or two something insanely frustrating happens that clearly wasn't intended by the devs. I hope I can actually finish this off, and that the sequel is more stable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom