Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The combat looks better than most of action games.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
As long as there are no gladiatorial fights to the death, this HEMA shit has zero value. :)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
has anybody here even bothered torrenting the alphas/whatever builds? i get 10 fps on my machine. i predict this game to be unplayable for majority of codexer.s

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i get 10 fps on my machine. i predict this game to be unplayable for majority of codexer.s

10 FPS? Time to ditch your trusty Riva TNT and buy something more contemporary.

The alpha was released before they started optimizing so it doesn't tell you anything about the current state of the game anyway. If anything my suspicion is, seeing the new gampelay trailers, they optimized themselves into a significant downgrade. The world looks much worse in the trailers, whether it's because of PS4 or general downgrade.

It's kinda humorous to imagine aweigh going from 80s era blobbers to a modern graphically advanced game. Probably tried running it on 2 raspberry pi's running in parallel.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
has anybody here even bothered torrenting the alphas/whatever builds? i get 10 fps on my machine. i predict this game to be unplayable for majority of codexer.s
We're getting 30+ on them weaky potatosoles at this time. Alpha was really unoptimized. Yet still, my computer back then was running it at unplayable 12-15fps, and it was 5years old higher mid-range HW.
Upgrade Ditch yo machine.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Everything went what? Newfags repeating the obvious with tired old hieroglyphic memes for the twenty billionth time? Is that what you mean?

And who cares what a consoletard thinks?

Smejki

Developer
We're getting 30+ on them weaky potatosoles

I wonder what console people would think if it came out that a Warhorse employee said this.
One does not simply browse the dex on TV!

Nah, seriously. Consoles are weak(er). They always are. Anybody willing to deny that is a braindeadwashed fan. I am not talking about the PS4 Pro or XBoneX (scorpio). These are reasonably powerful. When you are developing for a console generation you have to optimize for the least common denominator (smallest HDD, basic model). Which was especially pain in the ass with the last gen's HDD-less Xbox. It was sold for a short time but it existed and you had to count with it.
Consoles are so-so state of the art at launch (which was less true for the current gen) but as years pass, lolnope.jpg... But to be fair they have some majot advantages, though. For example the tools for optimization are fucking great. Which in turn (usually) leads to even more optimized PC version. (given that you develop both platform versions as one in-house and don't let another company work on a branched version)

BTW There's no Mounain Dew smilie? Son, I am disappoint.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
We're getting 30+ on them weaky potatosoles

I wonder what console people would think if it came out that a Warhorse employee said this.
One does not simply browse the dex on TV!

Nah, seriously. Consoles are weak(er). They always are. Anybody willing to deny that is a braindeadwashed fan. I am not talking about the PS4 Pro or XBoneX (scorpio). These are reasonably powerful. When you are developing for a console generation you have to optimize for the least common denominator (smallest HDD, basic model). Which was especially pain in the ass with the last gen's HDD-less Xbox. It was sold for a short time but it existed and you had to count with it.
Consoles are so-so state of the art at launch (which was less true for the current gen) but as years pass, lolnope.jpg... But to be fair they have some majot advantages, though. For example the tools for optimization are fucking great. Which in turn (usually) leads to even more optimized PC version. (given that you develop both platform versions as one in-house and don't let another company work on a branched version)

BTW There's no Mounain Dew smilie? Son, I am disappoint.

That's why you see so many downgraded/poorly optimzed games lately,because those fucking garbage cans can't keep up with the PC components anymore.In the past PC gaming was pretty damn expensive,thousands of dollars expensive, but now you can build a ''monster'' for a few hundred bucks that blows those garbage cans right off the bat.
You can buy a used I7(older generation) and a gtx 970 for 250$ and you are fucking good to go,but noooo,wait a minute the fucking tin cans can barely keep 30fps on 1080p and now we must neglect the PC version,updee-fucking-doo

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You can buy a used I7(older generation) and a gtx 970 for 250$ and you are fucking good to go,but noooo,wait a minute the fucking tin cans can barely keep 30fps on 1080p and now we must neglect the PC version,updee-fucking-doo

Well a PC capable to run HD games in 60fps would probably cost twice as much as the most expensive console. You need a good monitor, SSD, good gaming keyboard and mouse and shit. But afaik for most players it's not really about money. Again and again I've heard "I just want to kick back on my couch, grab a controler and play". For most people it's just comfort, easiness, not worrying about Steam, drivers, shit like that.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Well a PC capable to run HD games in 60fps would probably cost twice as much as the most expensive console. You need a good monitor, SSD, good gaming keyboard and mouse and shit. But afaik for most players it's not really about money. Again and again I've heard "I just want to kick back on my couch, grab a controler and play". For most people it's just comfort, easiness, not worrying about Steam, drivers, shit like that.

Why do you need all that expensive crap? What you can't play well on a 70$ Benq monitor?

Does your fingers hurt if you play with a 10$ keyboard or mouse?

With a 500$ you can build a pretty beefy PC if you are smart and you know what to look for and where..

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

There used to be a time when owning a PC meant learning to use its OS and software. Installing, trying out and uninstalling software was part of playing with it, same for tinkering with the hardware. Games were sort of an added bonus.

A kid wants to sit on his couch grab a controller and play, I would throw away his console and buy him a PC for his own good.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
My kids were only able to use Linux. Eventually my 7 year old got on the network, mapped a printer, wrote his brother a letter, printed it and sent it downstairs as a paper airplane, delivered to his brother's general location.

It read: I am not taking and more of your crap!

Love, Jack

--------
Make your kids learn to make technology work.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I live on thirdworldia and I still managed to come up with a PC config that blows consoles out of the water for less than 500 USD. There is no excuse for bothering with consoles anymore other than having too much money and wanting to play platform exclusives REALLY that bad.

Smejki

Developer

There used to be a time when owning a PC meant learning to use its OS and software. Installing, trying out and uninstalling software was part of playing with it, same for tinkering with the hardware. Games were sort of an added bonus.

A kid wants to sit on his couch grab a controller and play, I would throw away his console and buy him a PC for his own good.
Yeah, let's require everybody to be a mechanic in order to drive a car.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

If only you had an idea how many times my dad saved my ass by teaching me some car engineering 101. And how many times I've seen people stranded at a roadside calling a towing service because they couldn't change a fucking tyre. Yes, in order to drive a car you SHOULD be a mechanic-lite, for your own good.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

You want to play that game, junior, you'll have to install your drivers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom