Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think Vavra is an atheist but he sees Christianity as a foreign Middle-Eastern cult that infiltrated Yurop and destroyed the indigenous yuropean culture. Or some such.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean their US comm manager is a super chill guy...but he wasn't born to be a public speaker, just sayn' lol :D

Good thing is it seems we're gonna get an ACG review.

thr

Novice
I mean their US comm manager is a super chill guy...but he wasn't born to be a public speaker, just sayn' lol :D

Good thing is it seems we're gonna get an ACG review.

Yeah, it's really painful to listen to him.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
How did this game get normies on the hype train? Did they finally get bored with the Witcher 3 and expect this is the next closed thing?

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
8GB in 2016 was not plenty, it was the minimum.

Nah, it wasn't, don't be silly. It was the 'recommended' amount for just about any game out there, if even. At least any game I'd want to play! But yeah, it was shortsighted of me, given how much the prices have gone up.
Wish i'd knew the spec requirement of 16giga too. Usually to play AAA titles, wich are nothing more than xbox one ports, 8giga was more than enough. Damn czech! Not so long ago they were gaming on C64 sovietic clones, now they have the highest hardware requirements for video games....

Zer0wing

Cipher
Wish i'd knew the spec requirement of 16giga too. Usually to play AAA titles, wich are nothing more than xbox one ports, 8giga was more than enough. Damn czech! Not so long ago they were gaming on C64 sovietic clones, now they have the highest hardware requirements for video games....
Achieved with CryMeARiver Engine. Unsuitable for large open world environments, but... Cheap and pretty?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

Nah, it wasn't, don't be silly. It was the 'recommended' amount for just about any game out there, if even. At least any game I'd want to play! But yeah, it was shortsighted of me, given how much the prices have gone up.
RAM is cheap as fuck, just go buy some you poor-fag.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
With a i5-4460, 8 gigs of ram and a gtx 970 I could play pretty much anything on max settings (minus motion blur, depth of field and such trash) and 2-4x anti-aliasing at 60+ fps, 1080p so long as the game wasn't too terribly optimized... Until now, I guess.

I really wanted to wait before buying a new machine until the next graphics cards generation etc is out. And what with the processor issues right now...

I'll see how this runs on mixed settings but not sure one game is worth upgrading for at this awkward in-between-generations -stage.

Mortmal

Arcane

RAM is cheap as fuck, just go buy some you poor-fag.
Not becoming millionaire by throwing away money on stupid things. There's zero games requiring such high hardware requirements and 99% of what i enjoy are cheap indie games that could run on my phone.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well, play those instead then. What are complaining about?
I kickstarted it and already paid, years ago and tbh wasnt expecting to have to upgrade .

8GB is like fifty or sixty bucks. You can never have too much RAM.

No, right now i have 2X4 GB installed, so i need to buy 2X8GB, here at the very best its 67 eurosX2 134 euro just to play one game! But wait the proc and gpu are bit under recommended too...So to be 100% safe and play it in optimum condition its full upgrade , around 1200 euros .I dont know how they manage to make it run on xbox one...
Is there another upcoming game requiring as much ? Nope , larian games play perfectly, paradox games too, maybe underworld ascendant. Not throwing money by the window just for kingdom come.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys should really wait and see how the game plays first. Always possible that they're playing it safe and overshooting with these specs.

Mortmal

Arcane
You guys should really wait and see how the game plays first. Always possible that they're playing it safe and overshooting with these specs.

What is more likely overshooting , or unoptimized broken mess at release ? Look in your hearth and you'll know the truth....

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I kickstarted it and already paid, years ago and tbh wasnt expecting to have to upgrade .

8GB is like fifty or sixty bucks. You can never have too much RAM.

No, right now i have 2X4 GB installed, so i need to buy 2X8GB, here at the very best its 67 eurosX2 134 euro just to play one game! But wait the proc and gpu are bit under recommended too...So to be 100% safe and play it in optimum condition its full upgrade , around 1200 euros .I dont know how they manage to make it run on xbox one...
Is there another upcoming game requiring as much ? Nope , larian games play perfectly, paradox games too, maybe underworld ascendant. Not throwing money by the window just for kingdom come.

Hate to be break it to you but ..

a1357711465ed78e57418396d903fcb74149e98dec939b375f67912786da587e.jpg

:troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What is more likely overshooting , or unoptimized broken mess at release ? Look in your hearth and you'll know the truth....

I have a long history of playing games below recommended or even minimum specs, which has led me to be skeptical of such things. If you absolutely can't stand framerate drops then maybe that won't work for you.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

You weren't expecting to have to upgrade for a game that was years away from release and was aiming for top of the line AAA graphics from the get go? That's pretty deluded if you ask me.

Mortmal

Arcane

You weren't expecting to have to upgrade for a game that was years away from release and was aiming for top of the line AAA graphics from the get go? That's pretty deluded if you ask me.

A game from eastern country ? You used to put those underpaid starving guys in a hangar without heat , a few old pc running on fueled generator and they were pulling out some of the best fps rivaling the best AAA with much lower specs. Time changed and not for the best.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If you have to change only the ram you are not as bad off as me. I gotta buy a whole new graphic card, and with current prices that's impossible, which means i probably won't be playing this game at all.

jungl

Augur
There no point waiting for next generation processors or graphic cards I don't see them becoming any more advance now.

Mortmal

Arcane
If you have to change only the ram you are not as bad off as me. I gotta buy a whole new graphic card, and with current prices that's impossible, which means i probably won't be playing this game at all.
i have a radeon 380 , so its not recommended either. And yes with the bitcoin craze its the worst possible time to upgrade the PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom